Sign in to follow this  
Corydoras

Imperial Dock

imperial_dock_by_goshi_kun_ddkipyx-fullv

Here's a full-size photo of the old pirate-themed MOC I've first teased in the topic dedicated to Master0889's Soldier Imperial Golden Fort. If I'm not mistaken, it was one of my first larger MOCs after the Dark Age, from circa 2009. My LEGO collection had only just begun to grow back then, and I wasn't quite familiar with Bricklink yet, as evident by some odd choices of pieces here and there, minor color inconsistencies and missing Reddish Brown cheese slopes. However, despite the MOC's shortcomings, I'm still rather fond of if and consider remaking it in the future. Sadly, this is pretty much the only clear photo I have of it. I took a couple more, but they are so dark and grainy it'd be a waste of time to show them.

As far as I remember, the interiors were quite sparse. The bigger of the two buildings was supposed to be a sort of tavern, and the other one a blacksmith workshop. The tavern had a function where you could drop barrels and make them roll down a ramp by pulling on the Reddish Brown Plate covered with black tiles sticking out from under one of the windows, activating a trapdoor.

Edited by Corydoras

Hey @Corydoras

As I stated before, this is a nice dock moc. (Hey, that rhymes...)  The rolling barrel feature is wonderful and adds a lot of playability. I can see the ramp there by the tavern door. I guess I'm getting a reputation on this forum as a advocate for play features over historical accuracy so I'm a fan of this post.

Keep up the good work!

MAC

The is lovely.  I would put in in the very best part of the "simple but effective" category - lots going on, plenty of fun to be had either playing with it or just enjoying a posed scene, and it really hits the Classic Pirates nostalgia button as Jevil said.  Great build!  :sweet:

@Corydoras this is quite the creation! By chance do you have some higher resolution, crisper pictures? I would love to post this on classicpirates.com if you could provide them!

On 11/18/2019 at 1:09 AM, Corydoras said:

As far as I remember, the interiors were quite sparse.

This is a fine MOC indeed!  However, based on the past-tense of this sentence, I'm assuming it's no longer in existence?  Well, the bricks are no longer in that configuration,  at least.

On 11/20/2019 at 12:51 AM, Roadmonkeytj said:

@Corydoras this is quite the creation! By chance do you have some higher resolution, crisper pictures? I would love to post this on classicpirates.com if you could provide them!

Check the first post. If I had them, I'd have posted them here.

16 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

This is a fine MOC indeed!  However, based on the past-tense of this sentence, I'm assuming it's no longer in existence?  Well, the bricks are no longer in that configuration,  at least.

I built it a decade ago, and it didn't last longer than a few months. As I have stated already, my LEGO collection had only just begun to expand back then, and I needed the bricks for other projects. Lately I'm trying to reconstruct the thing digitally based on the photo, making some upgrades here and there.

Edited by Corydoras

3 hours ago, Corydoras said:

Lately I'm trying to reconstruct the thing digitally based on the photo, making some upgrades here and there.

Looking forward to that!

I love the old vibe I get. Would like to see that barrel function in the work of a new Moc someday ;)