Hi, 

You can find photos of this MOC can be found on my Bricksafe and also on my Instagram (soon).
https://bricksafe.com/pages/horcikdesigns/8081-remake

And if you want to build it, you can too! This MOC has been uploaded to my Rebrickable profile with full PDF guide!  

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-34705/Horcikdesigns/concept-car-8081-hommage/#bi

(MOC-34705 Concept car, 8081 hommage) 

1280x868.jpg1280x1020.jpg

1280x520.jpg

The idea was to build new car, a full-fledged successor of previous model, the legendary 8081. Because the old car was out of date from safety and legal reasons, my RnD center had to come up with completely new chassis. However, although it is built from scratch, it is still the original and well-known 8081. 
It has rear wheel drive, powerful fake engine (with two more cylinders than the original car) in the front, double wishbone (almost) suspension in the front and live axle in the back. It is still a sporty SUV GT coupé you all liked, not a pick-up supposed to work and carry loads, or luxurious and oversized familyhouse on wheels.

1280x974.jpg

1280x990.jpg

However, you can still fit some luggage (or boxes with your MOCs, when you're going to some LEGO convention) in the trunk. In the cabin there are two comfy seats, that were inspired by the seats from other car manufacturers, who pay attention to ergonomy of any, even slightly atypical figures. In front of them is cutting edge dashboard with sophisticated infotainment system, for both driver and even for the passenger. The passenger's screen has access to dedicated social media, for example Headzbook  (brickheadz refference).  Behind the seats is a bench, where only some minifigs can comfortably sit down. 

1280x960.jpg

The front bumper is modular assembly. This feature should stay even to serial production version, because we would like one day to offer also the "heritage edition" bumper, which would ressemble the original model. (not really, but who, knows, it would be nice addition to the story of this MOC...). If you look at the rear of the car, you can see single exhaust pipe. Well, it is just a fake one.

1280x848.jpg

1280x673.jpg

This is is supposed to be my entry for 8081 rebuild challenge. I hope it won't be disqualified, because it has not very much in common with the original car at first sight.

Edited by HorcikDesigns

@Maaboo35 You're right, I see the similarity now too. :D The green would look awesome, but I like the white version, because it looks clean. 

Edited by HorcikDesigns

Looks great and functions are integrated well.  Good looking engine, and the modular front bumper is a nice touch.  Great build!

So fresh and modern! I love it:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

8081 style for sure

Great job, and a fine entry to the contest.

You did a great job keeping the spirit of 8081, while taking it to a new place. I love the roof rack, and the interior detailing.

The removable front gives a great view of the mechanicals, and the gold bars work great as an engine cover.

@HorcikDesigns: Now that's a cool SUV with lots of details worth mentioning:

• I didn't notice the third door in your preliminary version from some time ago, that's an interesting solution with the links and the third pillar. And you also made sure the rear lights are still usable with the third door opened. That's something I missed completely in my face lift mod. Just noticed: the upper axle connector of the third pillar is trans-red, right? So a third rear light. It would be cool, if more parts were available in trans- colors, e.g. those small upper panels.
  • What did you use to connect the window edges on the front doors, are these pneumatic hoses? BTW the inclined shape of the doors and the upper part of the cabin is a nice touch.
  • I like how you made the front fenders pointing down again at the front to visually connect to the white bumper parts.
  • Say, why didn't you use the inverted slope at the rear fenders? Or did you want to have the visible studs as continuation of the arch shape?
  • The shape of the center part of the front bumper with the grill looks really good. And the modular bumper is a nice idea.
  • Any chance for a digital model? I'd really like to see more details of the front and rear axles.

Thank you very much @johnnym for your kind words, questions and comments! I'll try to answer them.

- I wanted to make the third door also with inclined side supports, so the central column is necessay to make them openable. I am glad that you mentioned the brake light above the rear window. :) Trans red panels would look super cool, but then I'd need to change the design of my entry a little, and I would problably need these panels in trans clear too. :D
- The window edges are connected with small cut-off piece of 3mm hose, that could be put inside axle hole in 2L half liftarm and also pneumatic tube. Straight sections of the frame are 3mm rigid tube, the bent sections are made out of pneu-hose. 
- Answer to your question concerning inverted slopes is quite simple.  I do not have enough of these currently in my collection, that are not used in other projects, or aren't yellowed. And using these would allow  me to attach the cheese slopes or other similar shape-makers on the stud. :)
- I am quite busy right now, and can't say when I won't be, but I would definitely like to make instructions in form of 3D model of it and upload it to Rebrickable.

Edited by HorcikDesigns