Marinho

[MOC] Service Station

Hi all!

I present you my most recent MOC, a Service station! I got inspired to build it, after I bought set 60132, it felt somehow incomplete to me. It uses a 32x32 baseplate, pluas 32x16.

I think it turned out good, had to use some "illegal" connections in order to do the double sign, but I thinks it was worthy! It is also the First MOC, that I noticed that there are some connections that we can do in LDD, that are not possible with the real bricks.

Sorry for the light and space for the photos, but it was the best spot I could manage for now. Hope you guys like it!

49068972597_fd45ffdd06_c.jpgDSCF1590 by Pedro Marinho, no Flickr

49068245168_e7d7eb3d02_c.jpgDSCF1589 by Pedro Marinho, no Flickr

49068765411_eb707fe094_c.jpgDSCF1587 by Pedro Marinho, no Flickr

49068972497_1957c27c88_c.jpgDSCF1592 by Pedro Marinho, no Flickr

49068765421_78518ab5c5_c.jpgDSCF1593 by Pedro Marinho, no Flickr

49068245013_89c4464622_c.jpgDSCF1594 by Pedro Marinho, no Flickr

49068765721_bfb2acf834_c.jpgDSCF1596 by Pedro Marinho, no Flickr

49068765641_f435f26baf_c.jpgDSCF1597 by Pedro Marinho, no Flickr

49068244933_b6a178a1f3_c.jpgDSCF1598 by Pedro Marinho, no Flickr

49068765611_fff683aea8_c.jpgDSCF1599 by Pedro Marinho, no Flickr

49068244693_75726b5205_c.jpgDSCF1608 by Pedro Marinho, no Flickr

49068244808_986a9278b9_c.jpgDSCF1609 by Pedro Marinho, no Flickr

49068972287_192fa3efd0_c.jpgDSCF1612 by Pedro Marinho, no Flickr

49068244728_666dc9b9f0_c.jpgDSCF1613 by Pedro Marinho, no Flickr

49068765301_a4175ecba6_c.jpgDSCF1615 by Pedro Marinho, no Flickr

Nice, I like the way you have carried the red and green through into the floor. Is that WIFI sign an official one / sticker?

I wish they came up with a corner piece for the curved slopes as that would really finish off the roof nicely.

I love what you did there. I always loved builds that were simple, but detailed at the same time. Unfortunately, I don't have enough bricks, so I can't mod my buildings the way I want to. But I will do it someday. You get an A+ from me!  

4 hours ago, HereWeGoAgain said:

Awesome interior details, way better than the one I did like 2 months ago lol. Really cool service station.

Thanks @HereWeGoAgain! Well, it took me one year, between design, part order and building. Not so easy to play with Lego with a 11 month daughter... :blush:

3 hours ago, MAB said:

Nice, I like the way you have carried the red and green through into the floor. Is that WIFI sign an official one / sticker?

I wish they came up with a corner piece for the curved slopes as that would really finish off the roof nicely.

Thanks @MAB . It was a pain to tile the floor, but I think it turned out good. WiFi signal is a sticker from set 853921, those pack's come with really nice stickers.

2 hours ago, pooda said:

I love what you did there. I always loved builds that were simple, but detailed at the same time. Unfortunately, I don't have enough bricks, so I can't mod my buildings the way I want to. But I will do it someday. You get an A+ from me!  

Thanks @pooda! I bought the set and tried to use most of the parts I already had, but had to order a bunch of them. Nowadays, I just try to spend more money building MOC's then buying set's to build and then to store in a box due to having no space to display them.

6 minutes ago, GeoBrick said:

An ideal choice of floor tiling. :thumbup:

Thanks @GeoBrick!

11 minutes ago, LegoDW said:

I like this better then "The Corner Garage.  Very nice. 

I agree. Simplicity and detail put in the same package. 

Edited by pooda

Reminds me so much of a road trip I did recently. Your service station looks simply spot on, and the interior - absolutely brilliant! So many charming details. Its really bustling with life and ideas. Great work! :classic:

That's delightful.  A nice, modern station (with electric charging!), but still a very Lego feel.  I love all the details you've built into the interior.  You've really captured the feel of a convenience store with the variety of items, colors, etc..  Those low-angle shots under the fueling awning really sell the feel and I can imagine myself standing there filling up.  Great build!

Edited by deraven

Looks great but I would say that the light grey curb probably shouldn’t be where the cars would drive across to enter the service/gas pumps.

Very cool!

A deceptively "simple" design which I'm sure was hard to capture in Lego brick form.

The level of detail in the interior is also impressive.

On 11/15/2019 at 8:37 PM, peedeejay said:

Great MOD of an already cool set. Nicely done!

Thanks @peedeejay! I loved that set as soon as I saw it. It has already a lot of cool details, like the pump that I barely changed from the original one.

On 11/15/2019 at 10:52 PM, LegoDW said:

I like this better then "The Corner Garage.  Very nice. 

Thanks @LegoDW! I still don't own Corner Garage. but I guess that if I had a city, the people would be happy with my Service Station. :laugh:

On 11/15/2019 at 11:04 PM, pooda said:

I agree. Simplicity and detail put in the same package. 

Thanks again @pooda!

On 11/16/2019 at 2:34 AM, Littleworlds said:

Reminds me so much of a road trip I did recently. Your service station looks simply spot on, and the interior - absolutely brilliant! So many charming details. Its really bustling with life and ideas. Great work! :classic:

Thanks @Littleworlds! Actually I got the inspiration for the interior, from a station that I stopped every weekend when I was traveling from Nuremberg to Zurich. :classic:

On 11/16/2019 at 5:55 AM, deraven said:

That's delightful.  A nice, modern station (with electric charging!), but still a very Lego feel.  I love all the details you've built into the interior.  You've really captured the feel of a convenience store with the variety of items, colors, etc..  Those low-angle shots under the fueling awning really sell the feel and I can imagine myself standing there filling up.  Great build!

Thanks @deraven! It was not easy for me to take the pictures. Have an awesome camera, but my photography skills.... :damn:

On 11/16/2019 at 12:50 PM, lightningtiger said:

I love all the little detailing in this, totally realistic feel to it indeed.

Brick On 'Marinho' !

Thanks @lightningtiger!

On 11/17/2019 at 11:46 PM, gotoAndLego said:

Looks great but I would say that the light grey curb probably shouldn’t be where the cars would drive across to enter the service/gas pumps.

Thanks @gotoAndLego! You have a good point there... I might change that if I ever build a city and add this build there.

On 11/18/2019 at 12:05 AM, Agent 86 said:

Very cool!

A deceptively "simple" design which I'm sure was hard to capture in Lego brick form.

The level of detail in the interior is also impressive.

Thanks @Agent 86! I thinks it was worth the time I spend adding all the details. The few stickers also help a lot.

On 11/18/2019 at 8:38 AM, Man with a hat said:

Nice one.I like the complete interior and those Octan colour scheme tiling.

Thanks @Man with a hat! Actually after I finish building it, it started to remind me of a pizzeria with all those tiles. :grin: But I thinks it looks good and represents the Octan scheme perfectly.

Nice MOD of the gas station. I did also a modification 3 years ago of this set.

What "illegal" techniques did you use? I built also the double sign and the only thing I had to do was cutting a hose.

On 11/22/2019 at 9:28 PM, Nightfall said:

Nice MOD of the gas station. I did also a modification 3 years ago of this set.

What "illegal" techniques did you use? I built also the double sign and the only thing I had to do was cutting a hose.

Thanks @Nightfall! In my case, I used something like this: https://swooshable.com/snot/technic-plates

On 11/24/2019 at 1:48 AM, Artifex said:

Impressive! I really like it. I love the interior

Thanks @Artifex! The stickers help a lot, they give life to the interior.

Fantastic build, really digging the diagonal section and how nicely it fits in with the layout.  My bro had the first Octan gas station and I've always loved the styling of the Octan sets.  Great work!

2 hours ago, LennyRhys said:

Fantastic build, really digging the diagonal section and how nicely it fits in with the layout.  My bro had the first Octan gas station and I've always loved the styling of the Octan sets.  Great work!

Thanks @LennyRhys The diagonal wall came out of a need actually, otherwise in order to fit so many detail I would need another 16x32, and also because I wanted to try something else than the "square" building type. The walls were easy, but actually the roof section gave me a bit of trouble to come up with.