Sign in to follow this  
KirTech LAB

[MOC] SUV Racer Mk II

New outdoor videos:

Hi! Last weekend we had awesome fest in Moscow, and I've tested my new MOC there. It is the second generation on my SUV Racer. The first one had four buggy-motors and two RC-units. Now the model has two BuWizz receivers.

To save pleasant proportions I used Rally Fighter as a basis (I had no goal to copy bodywork of this car). I've started with chassis:

49067561493_494234f471_b.jpg

The model has no transmission - just a reduction in portal hubs. Servo motor for steering. Independent suspension with hub-mounted buggy-motors.

The most complex task for me is a bodywork:

49068078996_311b51553a_b.jpg

49068286262_50f37007b4_b.jpg

49068078456_5942e2d0d3_b.jpg

The model has opening doors (rare feature in my models ))):

49067560493_e23a1810d3_b.jpg

Weight - 2.6 kg, length - 56 cm.

And here is the first test-drive:

More photos on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/141718063@N06/albums/72157711787604101

49068077056_d99da37499_b.jpg

49068283542_95c600eedb_b.jpg

49068077576_b198440d98_b.jpg

Thanks for watching!

Edited by desert752

Fortunately I had a chance to see you driving this monster in the event. Amazing model. I especially love the bodywork. It looks like a Moby Dick, but also runs unbelievably fast!

Great work! By just looking at the bare chassis I can say with certainty that it must be as sollid as concrete:thumbup:  Great job on the panneled bodywork too! The only thing missing is a video of the suv conquering some more extreme terrain, where it's ultimately built for.:wink:

2 hours ago, T Lego said:

as sollid as concrete

I thought that too, I don't understand how one whole assembly was able to break in the video *huh*
And so much power, I wonder how frequently you had to charge the BuWizz ?

2 minutes ago, Touc4nx said:

I thought that too, I don't understand how one whole assembly was able to break in the video *huh*

@desert752 only mistake was to let me drive :blush:

The only reason for breaking was my driving abilities :laugh:
There was one weak place - steering links, and other chassis solutions can handle much more damage :tongue:

6 minutes ago, Touc4nx said:

And so much power, I wonder how frequently you had to charge the BuWizz ?

There were two BuWizzes in original setup, but in this video there were four BuWizzes + powerbank (you can see some big ugly rectangle in the "trunk"

Thanks for kind words!

Yes, steering system has weakness, but after all it was really heavy impact.

I plan to film outdoor video too. Also I plan to assemble the second one with Chinese buggy-motors to test them in real conditions.

Looks great! My first thought without having read the description was that it looks like a Rally Fighter, so I guess your inspiration shows through in the final design!  Great set of features packed in there, and aesthetically it's lovely.  As Jeroen said, the bodywork is tidy and beautiful!  :classic:

Is there any chance of seeing building instructions, or just a virtual model, of this amazing beast, at any time in the future? :wub_drool:

On 12/12/2019 at 2:59 AM, astyanax said:

Is there any chance of seeing building instructions, or just a virtual model, of this amazing beast, at any time in the future? :wub_drool:

I have MlCAD file for the chassis. No bodywork. I can share it, if it's interesting for you )

On 12/13/2019 at 4:25 AM, AFOLegofan66 said:

Fantastic model..love the speed!!

Thanks!

On 12/21/2019 at 6:39 PM, desert752 said:

I have MlCAD file for the chassis. No bodywork. I can share it, if it's interesting for you )

I'm 100% sure I'm not the only one interested! Anything you can share here for all will be greatly appreciated by the community! :grin_wub:

Hi! The winter is very warm this year, but we've filmed a few videos. Here is the first one :)

Edited by desert752

So awesome! I don't recall where I got this, but did you say you're using this car as a platform for comparing old Danish buggy motors with new Chinese ones?

5 hours ago, astyanax said:

So awesome! I don't recall where I got this, but did you say you're using this car as a platform for comparing old Danish buggy motors with new Chinese ones?

Thanks! I plan to do the comparison, but the weather is very unfriendly :) Regarding ice drift, Lego motors seem better.

On 2/11/2020 at 2:42 PM, desert752 said:

The winter is very warm this year

yes, that warm ice makes me feel like I'm breaking a sweat already :)

but anyway that is one epic looking capable vehicle:thumbup: 

On 2/14/2020 at 2:32 AM, murtaughf3 said:

Very cool. I'm curious, how long does the process of building something like this take? 

Thanks! I'm not sure, about 1-2 weeks.

One more video:

im not a fan of the color scheme but this car is insane! great job dude :) really relaxing video as well 

Hi! During my vacation, I’ve tested Lego Technic SUV Racer in the Khibiny Mountains. I’ve added two extra BuWizz receivers and double wheels. Have a fun and enjoy a beautiful nature :)

Edited by desert752