Ankoku

Chinese LEPIN like company copying again?

My Opinion :

Any brand that copies sets from  MOCs is just 100% as bad as copying directly from LEGO, even if their quality of parts/electronics is as good compared to LEGO. 

Edited by TeriXeri

4 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

Ummm.... yea, this is dangerously close to being shut down.  C'mon guys.  Read the guidelines.  Jim?

Where is the right place to continue this discussion then? (or is there no place at all on this forum?)

It is somewhat disheartening to see people use the thread to talk about how great X, Y or Z LEGO clone is, when the original point of the thread was to see whether a model was a copy of a MOC.

It feels like any such thread gets hijacked.

As the original poster, feel free to lock it.

Oh, here, in Belarus, almost each rather big toy store sells tens of clones Noname sets on the neighbor shelf with lego.  BUT! the models are another, not stolen from TLG or AFOLs. And to be honest from time to time design is pretty interesting.

Lepin change there name to 'king' and they release 42110 defender copy.

I think lego do again to all company in china like did to lepin.

12 hours ago, msk6003 said:

KING mechanics 93018 :(

13 hours ago, msk6003 said:

I think lego do again to all company in china like did to lepin.

They are also being branded as 'Queen'.

43 minutes ago, efferman said:

same Colour or something different like trans glow purple?

perfactly same color

5 hours ago, anatolich said:

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it here, but Lepin is back with the same name: https://lepinworld.com

Holy Sh*t. The entire line-up of clone brands. This has become truly >viral<.

Plus: Believe me, it was truly planned as an investigation:

I badly wanted the "Black Pearl" for a number of reasons. Very, very personal reasons. It has nothing to do with the actors, just the story. I had already many of the parts assembled - but it was tough to get hold of all. So one dark night, about 2 months ago, I pressed "buy" on eBay. The seller was apparently located in the Netherlands. With a name close to X-Ping-Tong or whatever. €39,99 with free shipping. This set sells well above €400 new and over €250 used (close to complete) on eBay and BL. This will NEVER be cleared in my family as being reasonable. So - I did the forbidden thing. Tracking was possible as well: The box was wrapped up in some close destination to Shanghai. Then hauled to the airport of Shanghai. Then flown overnight to Frankfurt. Then transported to airport customs. Then cleared - as 39,99 and no drugs, guns, gold, whatever inside was OK. Then delivered to my house. Everything very nicely trackable. Within 2 weeks.

I will never ever do this again, as this is totally insane. Completely, utterly insane. I feel very bad about that craziness and my decision.

Nevertheless: Put that ship together (after that idiotic carbon footprint) - what should I say: I never expected that. They are >very< close to the original.

This is all very disturbing to me. The world is becoming increasingly crazy. And totally out of control.

Best
Thorsten 

4 hours ago, Toastie said:

Holy Sh*t. The entire line-up of clone brands. This has become truly >viral<.

Now this is an Avengers-level threat

2 hours ago, Lipko said:

According to LEPIN, the capital city of Europe is London

Interresting Geography: London is in white russia, Rotterdam in at the mediteranean Sea, and Sicily in the northern Sahara.

must be a parralell Universe

They are even present on the inland glaciers of Greenland. Perhaps they are planning to make a clone series of the old Arctic Action theme...

24 minutes ago, kolbjha said:

They are even present on the inland glaciers of Greenland. Perhaps they are planning to make a clone series of the old Arctic Action theme...

They are thinking about the future already when Greenland becomes a new world power.

20 hours ago, anatolich said:

Lepin is back

By using the copyrighted name Star Wars they probably will get serious problems.
Edit: They even use the name Disney, about trouble seeking :-)

Selling mocs...
Now there you have a problem since moc builders rarely copyright their designs.

Edited by coinoperator

5 hours ago, efferman said:

in white russia,

Belarus. My country called Belarus!

There is no shortage of work for the LEGO® and Disney's IP lawyers.  Job security.  :pir-classic: