Ankoku

Chinese LEPIN like company copying again?

1 minute ago, Maaboo35 said:

Get off this forum, then. :laugh:

Hey! I am Queen of the Clone Brands! That'll be Get off this forum Your Highness.

My question is: Would you users like this thread to remain in this part of the forum, or should I put it in community where the usual Not-LEGO talk goes?

1 minute ago, Peppermint_M said:

My question is: Would you users like this thread to remain in this part of the forum, or should I put it in community where the usual Not-LEGO talk goes?

Well, we're discussing Technic clones, so I think it should stay here.

Why is Eurobricks so strict on talk about LEGO clones and competitor Brands? 

18 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

Where is the Not-LEGO Talk going? I dont get it:sceptic: 

You should like a product, not a brand.

Just now, Gray Gear said:

Where is the Not-LEGO Talk going? I dont get it

There is a section of Eurobricks that is "Community" that is for all the talk about things that are not LEGO, from movies and books to other hobbies. The competitor brand products discussion, where it is focused on things that are not LEGO products, such as Mega or COBI etc have always been sent to this section of the forum. 

Members as a whole do not want to have chatter about bricks produced by other companies in their main forums. There is a certain dedication to LEGO that a lot of people have.

Just now, aol000xw said:

Didn't know Clementoni, a pretty well known puzzle brand, had some compatible designs too.

Yes, I first saw them in the Science Museum in London and they have slowly started to appear in mainstream locations like supermarkets and big retailers. TKMax and The Range are two UK places I have seen them, also I think I spotted some in the larger Tesco supermarkets (but I may be mistaken). From the box pictures, they look very good, however I don't have a memory for Technic Parts quite the same as my System mental catalog, so I can't say how much they match.

21 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

Why is Eurobricks so strict on talk about LEGO clones and competitor Brands? 

Where is the Not-LEGO Talk going? I dont get it:sceptic: 

You should like a product, not a brand.

Eurobricks set the rules, we agreed by registering and should follow. Simple. :wink:

The industry is transitioning from mostly fakes to clones/competitors.

So I guess there is more to talk about now than a few years ago. At least in technic...

Perhaps some clone brand will realize that wheels usually are taller than wider and will get Lego in trouble.

18 minutes ago, agrof said:

Eurobricks set the rules, we agreed by registering and should follow. Simple. :wink:

I dont like Arguments like this. Just because something is written down somewhere does not mean you should not question it?

1 hour ago, Peppermint_M said:

I have seen these starting to arrive in a few different stores in time for the Christmas Shopping. I'm not a real technic head, so I haven't got any to look at. 

they are horrible

10 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

I dont like Arguments like this. Just because something is written down somewhere does not mean you should not question it?

Mm-hm. There have been some significant shifts between 2008, when most ripoffs were impulse-sized and fairly inconsequential, and now.

Edited by Maaboo35

13 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

I just referred to the current situation. As discussed before in different topic, we are on a LEGO forum, this is the main reason why not to - better to say, that's why it is in the Community sub-forum. Sure, You can ask about it's actuality / validity, some of the moderator will answer in case, I can't.

Edited by agrof

Clone and Competitor Brands: A Clone brand or competitor brand, is a product manufactured by a legitimate company. For Example Oxford,Mega Blocks. Kreo or Character Building. These are companies that do not infringe copyrights and provide a competitor product, such as licenses and themes LEGO do not produce. It is fair to discuss, compare and share these brands and their products in the Community section of the Forum. 

Bootlegs, Rip-Offs and Fakes: These manufacturers copy designs and minifigures from LEGO, other companies and even fans, to produce their own infringing products which they then sell, often at knock down prices. There are hundreds of names attached to these products and varied quality between them. We will no longer accept discussion and sharing of these products on Eurobricks. Most of these "brands" are facing legal cases and we have no interest in supporting them by providing a place for their criminal products to be seen.

41 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

Considering I wrote the above rules for the forum, helping revise them from outright exclusion and endless debate over what a Bootleg was over what a Clone was, I think I am qualified to answer any question you have?

This is first and foremost a LEGO fan forum, so for the main part the discussion is LEGO products. There is an allowance for comparisons, or to even be interested in, competitor brands. The issue with the actual rip-offs like Lepin was the risk of us becoming a platform to advertise. That could cause actual legal issues for the forum that we can't exactly afford.

image.gif

11 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

Considering I wrote the above rules for the forum, helping revise them from outright exclusion and endless debate over what a Bootleg was over what a Clone was, I think I am qualified to answer any question you have?

This is first and foremost a LEGO fan forum, so for the main part the discussion is LEGO products. There is an allowance for comparisons, or to even be interested in, competitor brands. The issue with the actual rip-offs like Lepin was the risk of us becoming a platform to advertise. That could cause actual legal issues for the forum that we can't exactly afford.

image.gif

Thats fair, the way it is right now I could see LEGO trying to sue their customers :tongue:

Edited by Gray Gear

My main point of creating this post, was to make sure no one's design was being nicked, like LEPIN used to do with the things like the Avtoros Shaman 8x8.

As long as it is their own design, the post has served it's purpose for me.

7 hours ago, Ankoku said:

My main point of creating this post, was to make sure no one's design was being nicked, like LEPIN used to do with the things like the Avtoros Shaman 8x8.

As long as it is their own design, the post has served it's purpose for me.

Mould King is the (un-)official successor of Lepin. They´re doing the same evil thing with our MOCs, just copying everything promising they can get their dirty hands on. 

First it was the brand XQ, after Lepin was closed they made another set of my McLaren P1 inspired model. Now Mould King offers the third (!) knock-off of this car.. Btw. all 3 versions are not working properly, there are mistakes in the instructions, some parts are missing and so on. Mould King also made a set of the RC version of my Mercedes AMG DTM.

Please don´t get me wrong, I´m not here to advertise anything, but just to answer the OP´s qustion, since these companies didn´t ask for permission nor don´t they ever mention the designer. I´m enraged about this fact and don´t recommend this rubbish to anybody :damn:. It´s still a pretty bad thing for our beloved Lego hobby!

Edited by brunojj1
Removed the horrific pictures

Those logos on the blue car Boosch / Hanook are even fake ripoffs of real logos from Bosch / Hankook :facepalm:

Edited by TeriXeri

I'm a LEGO purist, so I have no desire to advertise this stuff. That said, the car looked so like some of what you see on here or a CrowKiller design, I thought it was worth raising, just in case. I don't follow the car stuff enough to know if it was someone's MOC or not.

Glad to see it isn't.

Also worth knowing who the LEPIN replacement is, so I can warn people.

Clementoni for sure has horrible reviews on amazon.

From parts that you need to detach from their support yourself, missing parts, parts breaking, obscure instructions (you can download it to see by yourself) and so on.

I bought some Cada, mainly for electronics and was satisfied with what it offered for the price but some other people got defect electronics so it's a gamble.The latest I bough was Cada Tiger tank (roughly 25 €)

HTB18Ef5aG61gK0jSZFlq6xDKFXah.jpg

I bough it mainly for the receiver and remote that works at 2.4 ghz which is interesting for a LEGO alternative in direct sunlight.

Electronics are good but I was really not impressed by the build. It's also note mentionning that pins breaks quite easily during disassembly. vThat being said, it operates smoothly except for the turret that fall apart too easily. 

That is exactly what for years I wanted as an improvement to IR in PF.

Wasn't that hard it looks...

For the price I for sure will give it a try.

11 hours ago, aol000xw said:

The industry is transitioning from mostly fakes to clones/competitors.

For anyone interested, out of curiosity, I've tried building one technic set of most of the brands that make technic sets. I'd rate the manufacturing quality of the parts as follows, Lego being 10/10:
- Mould King 9/10
- Sembo 8.5/10
- Cada 7/10
- Lepin 5/10
- Winner 4.5/10

Anything 5/10 or less isn't good enough for moving parts to work properly. Note that I'm only talking about the quality itself - most of them chose to have much tighter pin & axle connection, which I personally really don't like, but I guess that's a design choice. For the PF system, I'd say Mould King beats Lego hands down.

(sorry in case all this it too off-topic)

Edited by ozacek