Sign in to follow this  
dvogon

[R16 - Tatooine - BS] Stormtroopers - There is no hope

*Your entry has earned 7 XP (x2 for limited challenge)*

After the last Episode... 

Gruntar:  Oinkf! grourf! Those guys in front of us seem to stay here for a while… they are waiting for someone. We’ll see…

media?size=m

Fahne: You’re a lucky creature, you’ll have some time to clear out all tapas of this terrace.

Gruntar: Yes, for sure! They’ll have to hunt more of those, I guess.

Fahne: Uff! How hot is this place, even now at the evening with the suns set.

Gruntar:  Complaining again? Come on! Cannot believe that! You’ve been here so many times…

Fahne: I think you’ll never understand how much I hate this planet. First time I was here was many years ago, hunting a corellian corvette.

Gruntar: Really? Never knew about that. What happened?

Fahne: Well… that’s a long story… but making a long story short, I was at Vader’s star destroyer when that corvette escaped from Scarif. It took us a while to figure out where was it heading. But finally we found it. Almost here. Then…

Fahne: We hit its engines and we were ready to take it over...

media?size=l

Fahne: We didn't know what was at the other side.

media?size=l

Fahne: They didn't know neither...

media?size=l

Fahne: There was some resistance, although not that much but...

media?size=l

Fahne: ...but we had to clear it out from door to door... not an easy task.

media?size=l

Fahne: Vader was specially angry, I didn’t know really why.

media?size=l

Fahne: Some troopers were a bit scared about that, but you know…

media?size=l

Fahne: The deck was taken over. 

[This shot has the 9 stormtroopers]

media?size=l

Fahne: We had to protect the boarding door. For sure nobody on that ship would surpass us by any means and that was strange. Mike wasn’t convinced neither of what was going on.

media?size=l

Mike: Why spending so much time on this thing if it was so easy to blow it away?

Fahne: Don’t know, but we’ll see soon. See… That guy isn’t collaborating at all. It has just  a few seconds to think twice.

media?size=l

Vader: Miss Fathall, we have missed something, probably some androids. A full division is going to land to find them. But that is not going to be easy. Please, go there as well, but behave as you know.

media?size=l

Fahne: Yes, Milord. Anything else?

Vader: Feel free with your team.

media?size=l

Spoiler

A top view of the scene with all storm troopers (one is almost hidden below close to Vader in the close to the lower side door of the corridor).

media?size=l

Edited by goatman461

Nice build for the Tantive corridor! I think you captured the doorways and details well!

Really nice rendition of the classic boarding scene - well put together build... I don't care much for the extended story though - using a major character like Vader gives the hole thing a cartoonish feel or something from a parralel SW universe, where everything is possible... Just my own personal opinion - the build is GREAT!

@dvogon it's really nicely built. I can tell you've done your homework. Not sure whether I agree with @Darth Bjorn or not. I understand where he's coming from, but it's such a small use of the cannon character, and the interaction feels right for his character. We're going to be taking liberties with Moff (Captain) Panaka in our storyline, so we can't really complain too much. 

That front line of Rebels is just not ready for combat :D You might try some different crouching techniques, like breaking one leg off and turning the other leg around. 

The Vader side-scene does remind me of the Phebus & Ferb episode. Might be a little silly but I wouldn't categorically discourage using main characters. I did hate Lost Stars for that reason though.

Thanks to all for your comments!

On the known characters side, I tried to use it as a brushstroke and be fully cannon compliant. There is no scene filmed from the boarding ramp of the star destroyer. I thought that was interesting for a MOC and to change a bit the perspective of the scene.

On 11/15/2019 at 8:26 PM, goatman461 said:

That front line of Rebels is just not ready for combat :D

That's right :laugh:, actually my children put that front line of the rebels there, they have been playing with the MOC since I built it. I always build MOCs to be playable by them.

I've seen other MOCs with broken legs, their pose is much more realistic for sure. But don't really want to break them, specially with my children hanging around. I also fear they will loose traction after I put them back, but that might be proven unfounded.