Sign in to follow this  
durge74

Fabuland Train

builders_guild.gifindexed.gif

Not sure if this is the right spot to show off my Fabuland train but here it is! I tried to use as many Fabuland elements as I could. I hope you like it.

fabulandtrain.jpg_thumb.jpg engine2.jpg_thumb.jpg engine1.jpg_thumb.jpg enginecaboose1.jpg_thumb.jpg caboose2.jpg_thumb.jpg

Not sure if this is the right spot to show off my Fabuland train but here it is! I tried to use as many Fabuland elements as I could. I hope you like it.

Very nice, I'm glad it's in it's own thread, so it can be indexed and so people are more likely to see it and comment on it...

Maybe I'll come back and make this post better.

Edited by imperialshadows: I split you off. :tongue:

Wow! Your train has a great Fabuland look and feel, well done. I was wondering, though, if the electric train motor has difficulty moving so many bricks; I have had difficulties in the past with attaching too many railcars to one unit.

Edited by voltio

A sweet and neat train.... and although house roofs may look a little strange on a wagon or an engine they work really fine in that special and

indeed fabulous creation. :thumbup:

Very nice! It's great to see more Fabuland, and this MOC is certainly unique, as it is the first Fabuland train I've ever seen! Well done, and if you have anymore fabuland MOCs planned for the future, I look foward to them! :thumbup:

There's just something about Fabuland that really appeals to me. It's probably back to my beginnings in LEGO when my sister and I used to play with DUPLO all the time and role play. :cry_happy: Oh geez, but anyways, this is a nice train. I like how used house elements for the rail car and engine. The red smoke pipe on your engine could be centered. You can fit those 1x1 cylinders in the center of four studs. I think it would add to the comical effect if you add a very large smoke stack too. The fact that this is a blue engine reminds me of the classic "The Little Engine that Could." I remember seeing it as a cartoon and seeing this creation is just wonderful!

What a cute little steam engine! :wub:

I like it.

But what´s that? You used a brick from the classic Galaxy Explorer?? :oh3:

Shame! :sing: Betrayal! :sing: Heresy!

:wink:

Wow! Your train has a great Fabuland look and feel, well done. I was wondering, though, if the electric train motor has difficulty moving so many bricks; I have had difficulties in the past with attaching too many railcars to one unit.

Nah, Durge74's train shouldn't have any problems at all - to be honest it actually looks quite light, but with a high center of gravity, so it can't take corners at much speed.

The engine does look front-heavy though. Durge, I suggest you put the motor up front instead of the back, the extra weight up front will help the motor grip the rails in case you should add more cars to the train. Which would look awesome, not that it doesn't already do so. :thumbup:

WOW!Thanks for all the nice compliments on my Fabuland Train! I am working on a third rail car now to add to my train.

FABULAND ROCKS!

WOW!Thanks for all the nice compliments on my Fabuland Train! I am working on a third rail car now to add to my train.

FABULAND ROCKS!

Yay! You're back! :sweet: It's good to see you. I'm glad shadows started this thread for you so everyone can see the cool train. I've seen other shots of it on Brickshelf. It's very cool. Can we get a link to the Brickshelf gallery? :wub:

When do we get to see more Fabuland MOCs from you? That train has to stop at a station... :blush:

Yay! You're back! :sweet: It's good to see you. I'm glad shadows started this thread for you so everyone can see the cool train. I've seen other shots of it on Brickshelf. It's very cool. Can we get a link to the Brickshelf gallery? :wub:

When do we get to see more Fabuland MOCs from you? That train has to stop at a station... :blush:

here is a link to my Fabuland train on Brickshelf

Edited by durge74

That is amazing, I’ve never seen a Fabuland train before! I don’t know what else to add really.

I am really procrastinating but here is my 3rd rail car for my Fabuland train.

schooltrip_098.jpg

What a cute little steam engine! :wub:

I like it.

But what´s that? You used a brick from the classic Galaxy Explorer?? :oh3:

Shame! :sing: Betrayal! :sing: Heresy!

:wink:

There's no shame in using pieces traditionally used in one theme with another. Deal with it.

If only you could change "LL 928" to "FL 928".