Recently while testing for gear skipping in my EV3-powered torque heavy MOC sports car, I found this...

mW3O1So.jpg

The 5L (I believe) axle holding the half-gear I'm pointing at, which is clearly visible from the issue, moves out of the half-gear every time it skips.

Indeed the axles with axle connectors connected to this gear have a "sliding axle" issue.

I made a light fix by adding another axle connector, but I don't know if it will stop the sliding.

v1Eu15s.jpg

Here above is the axle being pushed in...

LeQze7y.jpg

and pushed out to its maximum.

zGGtBBy.jpg

Above is the issue: This piece my right finger is pointing at is in where my left points at, and it seems to wiggle enough to be the main cause of the sliding.

However, I can't fix it because there is no place to reinforce the small piece.

It seems from the pictures above with the axle sliding in and out that it will keep the half gear in place, but I don't know if it would under torque.

LZGACmP.jpg

Here's what happened to the last gear I had in here... completely chewed out by the axle.

Have anybody else dealt with this? Some helpful feedback on this issue would be appreciated. Happy building. :classic:

On 11/14/2019 at 3:08 PM, Gray Gear said:

What are you even trying to accomplish here? Just change the direction of the rotation? :look:

@Gray Gear This setup is for a DNR shifter. My MOC had a problem when under enough torque that axles get pulled out of axle inserts, and one of the axles pulled out of a gear that caused the car to not move.

EggNskV.jpg

A day after making this post, I placed some 3L beams between four red axle inserts, and the half-gear's axle now slides a lot less then it used to. :classic:

Edited by StudWorks