Sign in to follow this  
Pdaitabird

What is "<insert that tiresome argument> ?"

Probably a dumb question: I occasionally see the text "&lt;insert that tiresome argument&gt;" and I'm not quite sure why it's there. From the context of the topics, I would guess the forum software automatically replaces certain complaints about too many studs? (Which admittedly is a tiresome argument.) Does anyone know for sure?

53 minutes ago, Pdaitabird said:

Probably a dumb question: I occasionally see the text "&lt;insert that tiresome argument&gt;" and I'm not quite sure why it's there. From the context of the topics, I would guess the forum software automatically replaces certain complaints about too many studs? (Which admittedly is a tiresome argument.) Does anyone know for sure?

"Juniorisation" - The use of a few large parts rather than many small ones, the use of unnecessarily large pieces, simplistic designs, etc, most often found in sets aimed at small children (See Juniors). 

People used to complain about it a lot, hence why the admins edited the swear filter to replace it

Yes, it got frustrating for many that anyone who saw a set that wasn't Creator Expert of USC and would bleat on about it being "juniorised".

The forum has been running for a long time now, so some fads and phases of argument were left behind but still rear their strawman heads when we hope it is forgotten. The filter forces a more objective and well made argument :grin: