Sign in to follow this  
SteamSewnEmpire

What is a good stand-in for scaling purposes on Big Ben medium wheels?

Just a quick question. For the purposes of LDD, is there a part that can stand-in for Big Ben's mediums to assist with figuring out positioning? 

Thanks in advance.

Edited by SteamSewnEmpire

A 3x3 pulley is the same diameter, and two of them side-by-side is the exact dimensions of a Blind Medium driver. Putting the matching tire on one of the pulleys is almost the exact diameter of the flange, though a little thicker. It's definitely the closest match in LDD.

6 hours ago, supertruper1988 said:

3x3 technic disks are what I use but if you switch to studio you can use the BBB wheel LDraw models. 

Here is how (as posted by me in another thread):

I've downloaded the .dat files from www.bigbenbricks.com and installed the Part Designer app that is part of the Stud.io package. Then, in Stud.io, I changed the selector from "Master List" to "Custom Parts", and clicked on the link that allows you to create a new part. This brings up the Part Designer and gives you several options (design new, design based on existing part, import file). Use import file, import the .dat file from BBB. Then, in the connectivity editor, make a round hole and an axle shaped hole and then save the design back into Stud.io. Do this for both the flanged and the blind driver and you have 2 custom parts in your Custom Parts list in Stud.io which you can now use. Didn't take more than a few minutes to do in total.