obijon

[MOC] MINIs from The Mandalorian - 9 Models including NEW 546-Class Arquitens Cruiser (Moff Gideon's flagship)

16 minutes ago, obijon said:

There are also other threads for Original Trilogy, Prequels, Rogue One, Solo and the 3 animated series Clone Wars, Rebels and Resistance if you want some more ideas. :wink:

I'll check those out....Thanks!

On 12/2/2020 at 10:58 AM, obijon said:

Correct.  there may also be extra parts so do not worry if you have leftovers

Hello again. Hate to be a pain but would it be possible to post images of a rear and side view of the droid? I think a couple parts might be missing from the bricklink list. 

Also could you add a full bottom view of the ship. My building from images is clearly not as good as others ?

Many thanks!

1 hour ago, BricksIt said:

Hello again. Hate to be a pain but would it be possible to post images of a rear and side view of the droid? I think a couple parts might be missing from the bricklink list. 

Also could you add a full bottom view of the ship. My building from images is clearly not as good as others ?

Many thanks!

Sure no problem.  There may be extra/few parts not on the list.  I build rough prototypes (more for feasibility than look) after having the ideas in my head then order what I think I need for the finished model.  Most of the time it works out fine but sometimes i need a few extra parts.

img_2830.jpegimg_2831.jpegimg_2832.jpeg

OUTLAND TIE FIGHTER

Hello again everyone.

I have not posted anything for a while – I had a nasty bout of gastroenteritis over the Christmas break so I did not get to do much building.

However, I did get a chance to rewatch the first season of The Mandalorian and the second series whilst I was in my sick bed.

I realised I had not built the Outland Tie!  What a major oversight. Whilst it just looks like a normal Tie in flight mode there is of course the folding panels for landing which make it distinctive.  I solved the folding panels problem simply by using clip plates and plates with handles on the panels.  The cockpit ball uses techniques used previously and the panels are just attached to the truncated cone pieces on the cockpit using the bottom stud of a 1x2 plate.

I have also built a custom Moff Gideon figure – apologies to the purists for the use of a Sharpie on the katana piece for the Dark Saber!

The idea for the display base is also not mine – I saw something similar whilst searching images on Google – so if it looks familiar, thank you!  I wanted to display this in landing mode as otherwise it just looked like a normal Tie and it just looked wrong on the stand on it’s own in landing mode.

Whilst watching I also discovered there are some new vehicles to build from Season 2 also so keep a look out.

Let me know what you think.

Jon

outlandtie1.jpegoutlandtie2.jpegoutlandtie3.jpegoutlandtie4.jpegoutlandtie5.jpegoutlandtie6.jpegoutlandtiedisplay.jpegmoffgideon.jpeg

Edited by obijon

IMPERIAL TRANSPORT/DROPSHIP

Hello everyone

I hope everyone is keeping well in these hard times.

As mentioned in my post for the Outland Tie here is one of the new vehicles from Season 2 - The Imperial Transport/Dropship from Chapter 14: The Tragedy.  This appears to be an earlier version of the First Order Transport (which looks like a WW2 landing craft) from The Force Awakens.  The Imperial transport was used by Moff Gideon's Imperial remnant. I will avoid further spoilers for those that haven’t watched it yet. (Why not?!)

Whilst I have some other vehicles now built from other movies/series I thought I would publish this one as it is more relevant/recent and fresh in people’s minds.

This little model took quite a lot of thought and planning and there are a couple of tricks used in this model: 

Firstly, for the slope on the front section.  This very slight slope has been achieved by using a clip plate and one of those 1x1 plates with handle.  The slight gap you have naturally between plates allows for the slope when the nose is attached. This took a bit of experimenting before coming up with the right approach. The sloped nose just sits on the lower section and is only attached by the one clip.

Secondly, the top part of the model is 5 studs wide and the bottom is 4 studs wide to get the slight overhang – the wonder of jumper plates!  This also allows the engine section to have the required 8 engines with the small gap between them.

Thirdly, the engine section is built on a 9L technic liftarm.  This is held on to the main body of the ship by 2 bricks with studs on the sides in the centre hole of the liftarm.

I have also made a custom Mortar Trooper from the same episode using black and yellow sharpies on a cheap old stormtrooper figure.  The pauldron is from Firestar toys and has also been sharpied to get the two colours.  I have seen rumours that there will be an official version of this figure later in the year so this custom may well be replaced later on.  There is also a brick built mortar.

I think it turned out pretty well. Let me know what you think.

Jon

ImperialDropship1.JPEGImperialDropship2.JPEGImperialDropship3.JPEGImperialDropship4.JPEGImperialDropship5.JPEGImperialDropship6.JPEGImperialDropshipDisplay.JPEGMortarStormtrooper.JPEG

You have no idea how much you've just helped me, I've been struggling to finish my playscale model of that dropship, mind if I use your design for the roof?

Another great build is always, the mortar stormtrooper is very nice as well, I like his pauldron.

14 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

You have no idea how much you've just helped me, I've been struggling to finish my playscale model of that dropship, mind if I use your design for the roof?

Another great build is always, the mortar stormtrooper is very nice as well, I like his pauldron.

Thanks very much.  Of course, use whatever you need.  Isn't that the purpose of sharing ideas in the first place? :wink:

Hi again everyone,

I have not posted anything for a while as work and family (school holidays) took over but here I am with not one, not two, but three models from Season 2 of The Mandalorian!

JUGGERNAUGHT

Firstly, the Imperial Combat Assault Transport, also known as the Juggernaut was a model of cargo transport used on Morak as part of its Imperial remnants.  These vehicles were used to transport valuable rhydonium cargo to the planet's Imperial refinery.

This is quite a simple little build with no real tricks but I think it works well.  The trickiest part was how to attach the 10 wheels and I settled on the 1 x 2 plate with pinhole on the bottom. The tyres were then attached using axle pieces and technic bushes.

There is also a custom Migs Mayfield (in imperial driver uniform) figure built with this one.

Juggernaught1.JPGJuggernaught2.JPGJuggernaught3.JPGJuggernaught4.JPGJuggernaught5.JPGJuggernaught6.JPGJuggernaughtdisplay.JPGMiggsMayfield.JPG

TREXLER MARAUDER

Second is the Trexler Maruader. The Trexler 906 Armored Marauder was an armored box-shaped troop transport and a more combat-ready variant of the K79-S80 Imperial Troop Transport. At least one was used by the Imperial remnant led by Moff Gideon. One was present on Gideon's Imperial base on Nevarro and was stolen by our heroes during the fighting.

Again, this is quite a simple little build which I think works really well and most of the details are there.  The main spine of the build does flip from 2 to 3 studs using bricks with studs on side and technic bricks.   I also don’t normally use stickers but I have used stickers from the Clone Scout Walker – 20th Anniversary Edition set to add some detail on the sides of the model.

I like this little model and I am thinking I should go back and build a Rebels Imperial Troop Transport model in the same vein to replace my existing model which is a bit bigger than this one.

TrexlerMarauder1.JPGTrexlerMarauder2.JPGTrexlerMarauder3.JPGTrexlerMarauder4.JPGTrexlerMarauder5.JPGTrexlerMarauder6.JPGTrexlerMarauderdisplay.JPG

COBB VANTH’S SPEEDER

Last, but not least, is Cobb Vanth’s speeder. Cobb Vanth's speeder was a custom built repulsorcraft vehicle that was made from a modified 620C podracing engine. Cobb Vanth, the marshal of the Tatooine town Mos Pelgo, used the speeder to travel the Jundland Wastes and protect his people.

If the pieces used for this little model look familiar, that is because it was inspired by the latest Anakin’s podracer polybag.  Most of the pieces for this model came from that set with just a few additions.  The round bricks with holes allow for some detail and the seat to be added as well as providing a hole for the stand (which is always a consideration when I build models – how to display it!).

This model also comes with a custom Cobb Vanth figure.  The chest piece is from a custom Boba Fett figure from ebay and is perfect for the sheriff in Boba’s armour.

CobbVanthSpeeder1.JPGCobbVanthSpeeder2.JPGCobbVanthSpeeder3.JPGCobbVanthSpeeder4.JPGCobbVanthSpeeder5.JPGCobbVanthSpeeder6.JPGCobbVanthSpeederDisplay.JPGCobbVanth.JPG

Let me know what you think about these new models and any others in this thread.

I will try not to be as long before I post again!

Jon

Great work, I especially like the marauder but the other models are both nicely done as well, the greebling on the juggernaut is particularly effective

Hiiiii

Since the riot mar starship was in today's advent calender I googled the Internet and came across here.

Is there a parts list similar to the transport ship that can be posted? Im not good in sorting bricks so this would help me much 😉

20 hours ago, sokewl said:

Hiiiii

Since the riot mar starship was in today's advent calender I googled the Internet and came across here.

Is there a parts list similar to the transport ship that can be posted? Im not good in sorting bricks so this would help me much 😉

Here you go.  Might not be 100% complete but wll have most of what you need if not all.

riotmarparts.jpg

20 hours ago, Kage Goomba said:

It's amazing what people can do with a few parts in lego's. :)

All of these are great.

Thanks very much.  Glad you like them.

7 hours ago, obijon said:

Here you go.  Might not be 100% complete but wll have most of what you need if not all.

riotmarparts.jpg

Thanks very much.  Glad you like them.

Thanks so much :)

HI again all

I am back with another ship from the excellent The Mandalorian.  This time it is the 546-Class cruiser. The Class 546 Cruiser was a modified model of Arquitens-class command cruiser (seen in The Clone Wars). Although similar to the command cruiser model, the Class 546 housed a large internal hangar bay that could be accessed by port and starboard hangar doors and a launch tube at the center of the vessel between the ship's two prongs.  There are also

I have incorporated the 3 access points for the hangar in to the model.  The model itself flips from being brick built (slopes) at the front for the two prongs to wedge plates at the back by using a spine of bricks with studs on the side and jumper plates.  I think I have got most of the features.

I think it looks good on display with the Dark Trooper.

Let me know what you think.

Jon

546Cruiser1.JPG546Cruiser2.JPG546Cruiser3.JPG546Cruiser4.JPG546Cruiser5.JPG546Cruiser6.JPG546CruiserDisplay.JPG

2 hours ago, masterroninb556 said:

Can you include instructions for the Riot Mar (Bounty Hunter) Starfighter? I’ve been dying to have one of my own!

I am afraid I do not prepare instructions as I am too busy with work, family and golf! However there is a parts list for this model earlier in the thread and it is not too complicated a build.  If there are any parts of the build that you need help on let me know.  Thanks for the interest