Darnok

[BTSC] BotBS Tournament Soccer Cup 619

Sorry, no game commentary today. I've got quite a nasty headache all day and will head off to bed soon. I might be able to get it done before noon tomorrow (until which it is still the 14th somewhere on the world). Otherwise it will follow later.

If you absolutely have to know the result of todays game right here and now, it is hidden behind these spoilers. Check at your own risk!

Spoiler

Are you sure?

Spoiler

Like... seriously?

Spoiler

One last chance to turn around, no more jokes beyond this one!

Spoiler

3u7u6kR.jpg

For those who Imgur doesn't like: Quinnsville Cannonade loses 1:3 against Team E in a game closer than the result suggests.

Edited by Darnok

First victory in a soccer cup.:pir-cry_happy: It's very thoughtful to announce the result in advance in the spoiler, Darnok.

Just now, Bodi said:

First victory in a soccer cup.:pir-cry_happy: It's very thoughtful to announce the result in advance in the spoiler, Darnok.

Congrats on the win!

Disappointed my team is going 0 for 2 though... Hopefully they can get their act together or a new roster may be in store next year!

20 hours ago, Bodi said:

20 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Congrats on the win!

Disappointed my team is going 0 for 2 though... Hopefully they can get their act together or a new roster may be in store next year!

Guys, spoiler tags! :pir-oh:

Meh, I have slept through all of Sunday, that headache became a full-grown migraine. Still not quite gone, but I'll have some commentaries up later tonight. :thumbup:

Edited by Darnok

44 minutes ago, Darnok said:

hadache becamse a full-grown migraine.

If your temperature is ok maybe you just need more sleep.

17 minutes ago, Bodi said:

If your temperature is ok maybe you just need more sleep.

Just had 18 hours of sleep, so that's not the issue. It'll go away sooner or later - I hope for sooner.

Another day, another game, welcome back everybody! My name is Jim Napier, and together with „Tiny“ McCoy I will bring you the commentary on the next game of the BTSC 619.

To another good game, Jim! It feels like more than a day has gone by since the last one, but according to our schedule that can not be true, right?

True that, Tiny. I can't speak for you, but I haven't been feeling too well last night. I had one of those horsemeat dishes for dinner, no idea if this has anything to do with it...

I'm no doctor, Jim. We have a game coming up though, and the team from Cocovia might just have had a bad night or two of their own. After losing their first game they have to perform better today, or things might start to look grim for them. Anyways, here are the team rosters:

Quinnsville Cannonade – A4 M3 D5

Team E – A2 M5 D4

1. John Pepper (Keeper)

2. Alan Booth (D)

3. Winston Gorman (D)

4. Benedict Slumbercatch (D)

5. Mory Danson (D)

6. Titus Creed (M)

7. Larry Opham (M)

8. Cameron Royce (M)

9. Arthur Peterson (A)

10. Burge Hollis (A)

11. Saul Richards (A)

12. Thaddeus White (Coach)

1. Chief (Keeper)

2. Emile Poilu (D)

3. Hugo d'Orange (D)

4. Michel Colon (D)

5. Lorrain Lecloc (M)

6. Jerome Agrave (M)

7. Charles-Louis (M)

8. Sebastien Shotgen (M)

9. Jean Lamalette (M)

10. Guy Lejeunot (A)

11. Tirell Lourdos (A)

12. Jacques Louvois (Coach)

Team E from Eltina is the last team to join the fray for this year. Looking at their line-up I can see a lot of legendary names. I am curious whether they can live up to them!

So am I, Jim. The teams are on the field already, on to the game!

Edited by Darnok

Group B, Game 2: Quinnsville Cannonade vs. Team E

Team E won the coin toss for kickoff, so they will open up this game. And off it goes!

4''

Consisting of no less than five legendary midfielders, Team E has a center few other teams can compete with. It seems those players are up to the task, since hardly a handful of minutes into the match the team from Eltina is already in their opponents half!

We have just seen some brilliant short pass play between Charles-Louis and Jean Lamalette, completely outplaying Quinnsvilles midfielder.

7''

Tirell Lourdos took the chance, finishing this quick first attack in the best possible way! Not a new record in this tournament, but a fast first goal nonetheless.

A sign of things to come? Team E is up for a great start, leading 1:0 against Quinnsville Cannonade.

10''

Quinnsville seems to be lost. With a loss from their first game, now behind after jsut a few minutes in their second game, I assume their morale is down for sure.

No joke, Jim. Just after kickoff they lost the ball, with Team E again pushing out of midfield...

14''

... with success, for Lourdos is in front of the Cannonades keeper once more. Another fast goal?

19''

Not this time, Jim. Keeper John Pepper had no problem with his second challenge in this game.

The ball is now firmly under the Corlanders control for a change. A quick goal-kick by Pepper, taken by Winston Gorman...

20''

... forwarded to Titus Creed, managing to hold on to the ball despite a tackle from Jerome Agrave. Team E is trying its best, but for now they are held out of the game!

24''

Trying they are though, Jim. Cameron Royce had the ball, under pressure from Eltinas Lorrain Lecloc and Sebastien Shotgen at the same time. But to no avail, Quinnsville remains in control of both the ball and the game!

Excellent ball control by Royce, fighting off both his adversaries.

27''

After a forward pass to Saul Richards, Quinnsville tries to even the score, testing Eltinas defense.

The fans in red and white are still waiting for their first goal!

33''

They won't get it for now, Tiny. Legendary defender Emile Poilu made short work of Richards attack, now looking to build up a new attack from Team E's backfield.

38''

The game is getting fast, Jim. Poilu flanked to Lecloc, so from back right to mid left. Lecloc made an impressive run down the sideline, now flanking over to the right...

39''

... where Guy Lejeunot takes it out of the air like he never did anything else. Quinnsvilles defense can only stand and watch it seems. They have to wake up if they don't want to fall back even more!

42''

The wakeup call must wait, or maybe Eltinas cheers of joy can do the trick too? Either way, Team E scored a second time, now comfortably in the lead 2:0.

44''

Will we see another massacre like the one against Ocean Eleven? Quinnsville lost the ball again, Team E is already moving its players forward to support a final push in this first half.

Time is running low though, Jim!

45''

Right you are, Tiny. The referee agrees too, ending the first half precisely after 45 minutes. Lourdos had the ball on the foot for maybe another shot at Quinnsvilles goal, but he will have to wait for the second half to get another chance!

45''

Larry Opham from Quinnsville Cannonade kicks off the second half, and his team has to do much better if they want to turn this one around.

I'm no wizard, Jim. I wonder if it takes some magic for this to happen though.

49''

Maybe the miracle is closer than we thought, Tiny. Burge Hollis has the ball in Eltinas penalty area, outplaying those legendary defenders like they are mere beginners...

51''

No joke, Jim! Quinnsville scores for the first time! Their fans had to wait 141 minutes for it, but the first goal for the team from Cocovia is finally here. 1:2 it is.

55''

Team E can not let this stand it seems. After their kickoff they made short work of the Cannonades midfield, and now we are in their defense again. I can not see it from up here, but I guess keeper Pepper has some sweat on his face now.

60''

And rightfully so, Jim. Pepper had to grab the ball from behind him for a third time this game, Lejeunot scored with a perfect header after a flank from Lourdos. Legends indeed!

3:1 for Team E, but there is half an hour for Quinnsville Cannonade to catch up.

64''

Not like this though, Jim. Creed lost the ball to Lecloc, now Team E has another chance at building up the game at their pace.

67''

You have just mentioned it, Tiny. Team E is playing the game on their own terms, and once more in the half of Quinnsville Cannonade. Another strike soon?

69''

Not for now, Jim. Benedict Slumbercatch and Winston Gorman foiled Lejeunots attempt at another shot on the goal. For a change they show the strength of Quinnsvilles defense.

If we were going by the statistics alone, this score would not be possible. On paper Eltinas offense is much weaker than Quinnsvilles defense.

It's not all statistics though, Jim. This game is testament to it!

74''

The Cannonades were able to make it back to the midfield with the ball still in their possession. With only about quarter of an hour to go they better start an offensive of their own soon!

77''

I'm no tactician, Jim. If this was an offensive, it was the shortest of all times. One tackle from Lamalette made Creed lose the ball, now Charles-Louis and Shotgen are double-passing towards the half of the Cannonades.

81''

Less than ten minutes to go in this match, and it is Team E with the ball close to their opponents goal!

82''

Not so fast there, Jim. The Cannonade still has some powder left to shoot, taking the ball from Eltinas forwards.

As usual you are right, Tiny. Lourdos lost to Slumbercatch – quite a catch by Benedict.

Your jokes get worse and worse, Jim...

85''

Royce and Creed are pushing through the midfield, without a doubt with the faint hope of another goal.

86''

A hope crushed, Jim. Lecloc punished one bad pass by Creed, taking the ball back for Team E. Not much time is left in this game, and it seems all but over for Quinnsville Cannonade.

90''

As with the first half, the referee ends this one at the earliest possible moment. If anything, Team E could only have added insult to injury for Quinnsville Cannonade, being in their half before the end whistle. Now this game ended with a 3:1 victory for the team from Eltina.

The Corlanders have to do much, much better in the second round of this tournament if they want to keep their hope for the Cup alive. I'm not saying it is impossible, Jim. It is far from easy though!

On the spot, Tiny. While the legends from Eltina had an excellent start into the BTSC 619, for the team from Cocovia every game is an endgame from here on. We will see how they fare in the second round. Good night for now!

oMP59nx.jpg

Spoiler

For those who can't access Imgur: Quinnsville Cannonade loses 1:3 to Team E. The game was closer than the result suggets.

3u7u6kR.jpg

Welcome everybody, I hope you have a relaxed 3rd Advent. Merrynight is fast approaching, and so is the end of the first round of the BTSC 619. I am Jim Napier...

... and this is „Tiny“ McCoy. We will be your commentators for tonights game. The contrast between both teams could not be bigger! On the one side we have Ocean Eleven, a bunch of prisoners coached by a pious man of the Order. On the other side the Weelond Regimentals, respected football veterans, led by a known drunkard and pineapple addict.

Ocean Eleven started with a crushing defeat into this years tournament, while the Weelond Regimentals could not get more than a draw out of their first match. Both teams should be eager for a victory today.

Let's have a look at the teams player rosters:

Ocean Eleven – A3 M1 D5

Weelond Regimentals – A3 M5 D4

1. Brad „Rusty“ Ryan (Keeper)

2. Danielé „Danny“ La Mer (D)

3. „Cabin Boy“ Robin (D)

4. Elliot Tishkoff (D)

5. Shaobo „The Amazing“ Yen (D) [YC]

6. Carl Bloom (D)

7. Matt Caldwell (M)

8. Bernie Catton (M)

9. Don „Basher“ Tarr (A)

10. Casey Malloy (A)

11. Scott Malloy (A)

12. Abbé François (Coach)

1. Cuju Tsu-Chu (Keeper)

2. Luis Fernandez (D)

3. Robino „Nino“ Grijszon (D)

4. „Pegleg“ Pedro Piccio (D)

5. Raul Baracca (M)

6. Alberto Verde (M)

7. Gijs Reyngout (M)

8. Victor Rey (M)

9. Fangio (just Fangio) (A)

10. Jan Slegers (A)

11. Mauricio Montoya (A)

12. Patch Verlander (Coach)

I am very curious for todays strategy of Ocean Eleven, Tiny. They suffered a yellow card in the last game – will this affect their approach to the game?

We will see, Jim. So far this means nothing, as long as their defense is careful to not get another card. Coach François has preached them quite a sermon on the topic I guess. I wonder if prayers alone can do anything for them. Ocean Eleven is hopelessly outmatched in the midfield, they can only hope for their defense saving them whenever Weelond is attacking them.

As you like to say: it is not all about statistics, Tiny. You have a point though, on paper it looks grim for them. Well, we will see how it turns out on the field.

Speaking of which: both teams are on the field, the game is about to start!

Group A, Game 3: Ocean Eleven vs. Weelond Regimentals

With the kickoff going to the Weelond Regimentals, and a short whistleblow, the game is a go!

4''

Paul Baracca to Alberto Verde to Gijs Reyngout – the Regimentals' midfield is wasting no time, moving forward in an initial attack that supposedly should leave the Eleven no time to get into the game.

It seems to work, Jim. Fangio has taken the ball, playing around Shaobo Yen from the Eleven, whose yellow card seems to make him somewhat less amazing.

7''

Danielé „Danny“ La Mer, captain of the Eleven, tries to stop Fangio, who is rushing to the goal on his own...

... but she can not stop him. Another early goal, seven minutes into the match! Weelond leads 1:0.

10''

To me it looks like the Regimentals are on a roll. Taking the ball off Ocean Eleven, who really stand no chance against them in midfield, the team from Weelond is heading towards their opponents goal once again.

Matt Caldwell and Bernie Catton from the Elevens midfield are playing particularly poorly today. They better get their act together, or coach François sends them back to prison in halftime already!

15''

Jan Slegers is leading the charge, with Fangio close behind him. „Cabin Boy“ Robin and La Mer are in their way, and for now the defense seems to hold.

21''

Not for long, Jim. Mauricio Montoya appeared out of nowhere right in front of keeper „Rusty“ Ryan, taking a pass from Slegers and finishing the attack with a shot that Ryan had no chance in holding! Weelond Regimentals are leading 2:0.

24''

I see a repetitive pattern here, Tiny. Ocean Eleven has lost the ball again, this time to Gijs Reyngout, one of the most versatile players in the Regimentals' team. Passing to Victor Rey, the direction is clear: another offensive action, another goal for Eslandola!

28''

I see what you mean, Jim. Fangio was falling back to midfield again...

... he likes to play an offensive midfield...

... and is now forcing his way through the Elevens defense.

31''

This time they are up to the challenge! Elliot Tishkoff stopped the attack with one quick tackle, then passing to Yen, who shows no signs of restraint anymore.

36''

Just in time to initiate an offensive of Ocean Eleven, at last!

42''

Well, Tiny. Maybe this offensive was meant as a wave by Ocean Eleven, to swoosh over the field. Alberto Verde, Weelonds dependable defensive center back, is the bulwark it broke against. Taking the ball off Caldwells foot, Verde turns the flow of the game around!

44''

Weelond has the ball in the penalty area already, they can only hope for enough time to score once more before the time is up in the first half!

49''

And score they did, Tiny. With plenty of overtime we have just seen another goal, for a 3:0 lead of the Weelond Regimentals right before the halftime break.

51''

Ocean Eleven had the kickoff for the second half, and while they have lost the ball now, they made a better impression to me in these first six minutes. What do you say, Tiny?

Same here, Jim. The ball is now with Baracca, but Caldwell and Catton had played a good series of passes previously.

57''

And again, this might look like a repetition from the first half, but the Eleven give a much harder fight.

Slegers and Montoya try their best, but they can not overcome the defense this time. Fangio has been taken out of the game entirely, closely guarded by Tishkoff and Yen!

61''

La Mer is showing her brilliance, taking the ball and control of the game! A quick pass to Robin, then back to Ryan, who does one of his famous kicks far into the midfield.

63''

Catton takes it, and for once Weelonds midfield is overcome!

64''

True that, Tiny. Only three minutes since they have taken it, and Ocean Eleven has moved the ball all over the field, taking the fight close to the Regimentals' goal.

67''

Luis Fernandez is the last stop on this trip. Stopping the Elevens offensive dead on its track, he is passing to the „Boy Wonder“, Robino Grijszon. Also called „Nino“ he is looking for somebody to pass to, while calmly defending the ball against the Malloy brothers.

70''

Apparently Nino made a misstep, for Casey Malloy could just sneak the ball from his feet. With his brother Scott Ocean Eleven is close to striking back!

76''

Half the stadium is a sea of white and blue – Ocean Eleven made it! The Malloys kept the ball between them, only for Don Tarr to sweep in from the side. Taking a pass from Scott, the „Basher“ finally scored!

After a pretty onesided first half Ocean Eleven is back into the game, and keeping it pretty tense! Time is running out though I fear.

78''

The Regimentals don't risk anything: instead of playing it safe they go for another push to the goal.

79''

Yen is stopping this advance, „amazing“ indeed. Passing it to Tishkoff, who in turn forwards it to Caldwell.

84''

Six minutes left, and Ocean Eleven has the ball in midfield, Caldwell and Catton keep control of the ball, looking for an open man in offense. With some luck and overtime they might score again.

90''

No overtime for the second half, and the game ends where it started: with the ball on the foot of Baracca. The Weelond Regimentals have earned this 3:1 victory, and I don't dare think what their coach is doing to the poor players from Ocean Eleven.

True that, Tiny. Their coach Abbé François is known for many things, but forgiveness is not among them!

It's late, Jim. See you tomorrow, and no more horsemeat for you!

5beRtwm.jpg

Spoiler

akR2vgJ.jpg

Ocean Eleven loses 1:3 to Weelond Regimentals in a rather onesided game during the first half, with a much more tense second half.

Nice job with commentaries, Darnok. 

@Ross Fisher It isn't a big deal to lose a match or two, I'm sure our Abbe will soon find other opportunities to prove his valor.

1 minute ago, Ross Fisher said:

@Bodi I'm sure. In fact, I think he's due a promotion. It's been over a year since his last one...

You mean a higher grade, archbiship maybe? We could discuss this further in a pm if you so wish.

11 hours ago, Darnok said:

The Weelond Regimentals have earned this 3:1 victory

Woot! Finally into the win column!

Welcome back, and good evening everybody, to this last game in the first round of the BTSC 619. My name is Jim Napier...

... and I am „Tiny“ McCoy. Together we will be your commentators. Of tonights pairing, both teams have started with a victory into the tournament. Will they build on it? Will we see the upcoming champion playing today?

A good question, Tiny. In Group A no team managed to win more than one game, so picking a favourite is impossible so far.

I'm curious for the outcome of this game, but first let's have a look at the team rosters:

Rassilon Rascals – A3 M3 D3

Team E – A2 M5 D4

1. Felix „Bubba“ Cavaliere (Keeper)

2. Eddie Brigati (D)

3. Gene Cornish (D) [YC]

4. Dino Danelli (D)

5. Howard „Buzz“ Feiten (M)

6. Robert Popwell (M)

7. Ann Sutton (M)

8. Moe „Li“ Holt (M)

9. Miles Kane (A)

10. Joe Edwards (A)

11. Greg Mighall (A)

12. Fung Swuay (Coach)

1. Chief (Keeper)

2. Emile Poilu (D)

3. Hugo d'Orange (D)

4. Michel Colon (D)

5. Lorrain Lecloc (M)

6. Jerome Agrave (M)

7. Charles-Louis (M)

8. Sebastien Shotgen (M)

9. Jean Lamalette (M)

10. Guy Lejeunot (A)

11. Tirell Lourdos (A)

12. Jacques Louvois (Coach)

The Rascals have the upper hand in defense, but might have a difficult time in both midfield and offense. The truth is on the field though, so let's just watch the game!

Group B, Game 3: Rassilon Rascals vs. Team E

Rassilon Rascals win the kickoff, both teams are set up – and off we go!

5''

Howard „Buzz“ Feiten is a bit too confident in his offensive play today. Attacked by Lorrain Lecloc in midfield, he was a bit too eagre to keep the ball, in what the referre saw as a clear foul play! A free kick for Team E, and a yellow card to „Buzz“, all just five minutes into the game.

It's the second card for the Rascals, one each in defense and midfield. They have to be careful now!

10''

Lecloc did the free kick, reaching Tirell Lourdos in a wide pass.

Now we see statistics in the real world though, Jim. Lourdos is having trouble with the Rassilons defense. Dino Danelli and Eddie Brigati make life tough for him, and his teammate Guy Lejeunot is of no help for now.

14''

How quick the tides can turn, Tiny! Lourdos simply refused to let go of the ball, and Lejeunot finally came to the rescue as the open man in the perfect position in front of the goal. Keeper Felix „Bubba“ Cavaliere stood no chance!

1:0 for Team E after a hard-fought attack.

19''

Ann Sutton made the kickoff, going for an attack on the left side with Moe „Li“ Holt.

Which was interrupted by Eltinas Charles-Louis, even if only after some skirmishing between those excellent midfielder.

22''

Passing it off to Jerome Agrave, who in turn played to Jean Lamalette, the ball has now reached Lejeunot in the offense of Team E.

23''

Not worried by his yellow card, Gene Cornish makes a quick end of Lejeunots hope for another quick goal!

The Rascals are playing a great defensive game these minutes, Jim.

True that, Tiny!

27''

"Li" Holt is back on the ball, looking for a forward position that is open. Again he is pressed by Charles-Louis, but can hold on for now.

30''

In the end Team E got the ball back, with Lecloc and Agrave leading the next charge on the Rascals lines.

31''

Once more into the breach, Jim. Agraves last pass reached Lourdos, who is now sprinting along the right sideline!

34''

What a beautiful finish! For the second time tonight, keeper „Bubba“ had no choice but to let a shot from Lejeunot in. The long struggle between midfield and defense has ended, 2:0 for Team E.

39''

Robert Popwell did the kickoff for Rassilon, Sutton and Holt had some excellent shortpass play going – until Jean Lamalette put his oar in. The midfielder playing for Eltina has rightfully earned his legendary status!

Lecloc takes the pass from Lamalette, Team E is in hold of the ball again.

45''

The first half ends with no overtime, leaving the offense from Eltina standing in the Rascals half of the field. I feel like they were eager to go for another goal, but the whistle got them first.

Unfortunate, but part of the game. The Rassilon Rascals need to hear some stern words in the break from their coach Fung Swuay. Without some serious improvement they will have a hard time turning this around.

46''

The second half starts with a fast kickoff by Team E, and the ball already being in their opponents penalty area by now.

Lecloc and Lamalette gave the Rassilon midfielders no chance to react.

50''

Eltinas swift strike is rewarded! It is said that „Bubba“ alone fills half the goal of the Rascals – Lourdos found enough room in the other half, for a 3:0 lead of Team E.

The Rassilon Rascals start falling apart, Jim.

55''

If I'm not mistaken, I just hard some „boo“ shouts from the Rassilon fans. They are not at all happy with the game so far, Tiny.

I can't blame them, Jim. Kickoff by „Buzz“ Feiten was five minutes ago, now the ball is with Agrave again. The Rascals have never been closer to Eltinas goal than the midfield point so far this game!

60''

Even more so than for the fans it must be frustrating for the palyers on the field. Sutton got the ball back for Rassilon, but with less than legal means. Lucky for her the referee looked in another direction that moment!

61''

It was all for nothing, Jim. Frustration and unfair play don't in games, good play like from midfielder Sebastien Shotgen does. Team E has the ball and the initiative once more.

True that, Tiny.

66''

Lourdos and Lejeunot show up in front of „Bubba“, but this time he catches the shot out of the air.

71''

The Rassilon Rascals start a push of their own, neither of Eltinas forward players can stop them. Is it me, or does Lourdos seem exhausted?

I'm no doctor, Jim. He is running a bit slower than before though.

His engine might have lost some steam. Or so I would say if the steamengine was invented already...

Always the joker, Jim.

77''

The Rascals' offensive has made it as far as midfield...

78''

... only to be stopped there again. Charles-Louis should steer clear of Rassilon fans the next days, for I doubt he admire his play as much as we do!

80''

Team E is hungry for more, with an attack initiated by Lamalette now continued by Lejeunot.

84''

I take back everything I said about Lourdos before! Swift like the wind he made it past Rassilons defenders, finishing the attack with a precise shot from 20m distance. „Bubba“ had no chance but to pick up the ball behind him for the fourth time today.

87''

The game is close to its end, and the Rascals look like they have given up. Shortly after kickoff the ball was taken by Lecloc, and none of Rassilons midfield looked determined to stop him.

91''

With a whistle from the referee the second half ends almost like the first: with Team E close to Rassilons goal. Two even halfs, both with two goals for them, Team E wins this game 4:0.

It is too early to tell, Jim, but as the only team with two victories so far, the legends from Eltina have good chances of making it past the group stage.

True that, Tiny. Also remember: we have a day off, no game tomorrow! Everybody, see you again on Wednesday, for the first game of the second round. Until then: enjoy the many joys of Mesabi Landing.

Or get robbed and mauled to bricks, Jim.

Always jolly, Tiny. Good night, and take care!

gK4yoDI.jpg

Spoiler

For the Imgur-impared: Rassilon Rascals lose 0:4 to Team E, while suffering a yellow card in midfield.

0xGRVn6.jpg

Round 1 Roundup

With six games played, and the first round done for both groups, I thought I'd give everybody a summary. Here are the tables with all results so far, as well as cards received:

Group A

Sea Rats Smileys

Ocean Eleven

Weelond Regimentals

Sea Rats Smileys

Ocean Eleven

1:5

Weelond Regimentals

3:3

3:1

Yellow Cards: Ocean Eleven, D: Yen (1st game, 10''); Sea Rats Smileys, M: Dandy S., A: Frandy S. (2nd game, 16'' and 28'')

Red Cards:

Team

Game 1

Game 2

Game 3

Game 4

Points (Saldo)

Sea Rats Smileys [5|3|2]

5 : 1

-

-

3 (+4)

Ocean Eleven [3|1|5]

1 : 5

1:3

-

-

0 (-6)

Weelond Regimentals [3|5|4]

-

-

3 (+2)

Group B

Quinnsville Cannonade

Rassilon Rascals

Team E

Quinnsville Cannonade

Rassilon Rascals

1:0

Team E

4:0

Yellow Cards: Rassilon Rascals, D: Cornish (1st game, 19''), M: Feiten (2nd game, 5'')

Red Cards:

Team

Game 1

Game 2

Game 3

Game 4

Points (Saldo)

Quinnsville Cannonade [4|3|5]

0:1

1:3

-

-

0 (-3)

Rassilon Rascals [3|3|3]

1:0

0:4

-

-

2 (-3)

Team E [2|5|4]

4:0

-

-

4 (+6)

You might notice some changes regarding the dates for upcoming games. I decided to do a break of one day between rounds. Among other things this also means that the final (or possible semi-finals) will be played after Christmas. If there are any questions, requests, or general bribes/deaththreats/whatnot: just let me know, I'm open to all kinds of suggestions.

I believe it might be a good idea for some teams to reconsider their strategies. *cough* Sea Rats *cough* :pir-grin:

"Boo" indeed! Where was my defense! Where was my offense! My team may have to face the wrath of Sinbad if they don't shape up.

Thanks for the spoiler Darnok, and great writing.

The SR finally lost a match, why I said finally...:pir-grin:

Hello everybody, and welcome back to the second round of the BTSC 619. I hope you had a relaxed day off! My name is Jim Napier...

... and I am „Tiny“ McCoy, together we will be your commentators for todays game of Ocean Eleven versus Sea Rats Smileys.

What an amazing start to the second round! For Ocean Eleven it is an endgame of sorts, with them losing both games in the first round.

I have it on good authority that their coach, infamous Abbé François, has made everything he can to motivate his players.

Including shorter prison sentences?

You're such a joker, Jim! One of his means of motivation is a new shrine to Poseidon near the beach.

I have seen it. One day you will explain to me how a huge whale skelleton helps you play football.

But it is not this day, Jim. Let's get real again, here are the teams player rosters:

Ocean Eleven – A3 M2 D5

Sea Rats Smileys – A5 M3 D2

1. Brad „Rusty“ Ryan (Keeper)

2. Danielé „Danny“ La Mer (D)

3. „Cabin Boy“ Robin (D)

4. Elliot Tishkoff (D)

5. Shaobo „The Amazing“ Yen (D) [YC]

6. Carl Bloom (D)

7. Matt Caldwell (M)

8. Bernie Catton (M)

9. Don „Basher“ Tarr (A)

10. Casey Malloy (A)

11. Scott Malloy (A)

12. Abbé François (Coach)

1. Handy Smiley (Keeper)

2. Randy Smiley (D)

3. Mandy Smiley (D)

4. Dandy Smiley (M) [YC]

5. Zandy Smiley (M)

6. Brandy Smiley (M)

7. Landy Smiley (A)

8. Wandy Smiley (A)

9. Candy Smiley (A)

10. Frandy Smiley (A) [YC]

11. Suzie Smiley (A)

12. Captain O'Smiley (Coach)

I see three yellow cards in total. Do you think they will affect either teams strategy?

I'm no oracle, Jim. Ocean Eleven can not afford to play it safe though. And the Smileys might look all nice and friendly, but they sure don't hold back so far in terms of unfair play. We'll find out soon enough!

True that, Tiny. The players are moving onto the field, the game is about to start!

Spoiler

Since it was not posted in time for the first round, I could not apply any bonus to Ocean Eleven for this build. See this post for why they have received it now. I added +1 to M, since that is both OOC the section that needs it most as well as being IC the section I assume the Abbés prayers are headed towards. :pir-grin:

Edited by Darnok
Just some OOC comments.

Group A, Game 4: Ocean Eleven vs. Sea Rats Smileys

1''

Kickoff goes to the Smileys, and damn! They lose no time, rushing towards the Elevens goal like there was no tomorrow.

3''

Quite a sight to behold, Jim. Candy and Frandy storming across the defense zone, passing the ball between each other, finally off to Suzie Smiley...

... who kicks it like a mule, completely surprising keeper Brad „Rusty“ Ryan of Ocean Eleven. Did my eyes deceive me, or did he still chomp on some snacks?

Either way, he now has to digest the fastest goal in this tournament so far! Only three minutes in, and the Sea Rats Smileys are leading 1:0.

4''

The Eleven show no sign of demotivation, instead taking the ball from kickoff right into the Smileys penalty area. Another superfast goal?

10''

After over five minutes of back and forth passing between the Malloy brothers, Randy Smiley managed to intercept one, getting the ball back to the Sea Rats team.

14''

Dandy Smiley is taking the ball straight through midfield. He better be careful, he has his name on a yellow card already!

15''

Careful or not, his play proves effective. Passing on to Candy the ball is now with the Smileys offense.

19''

Suzie Smiley is on fire! Her second ball contact this game, her second goal! A fantastic shot from a distance. 2:0 to the Smileys, and I think I hear the Abbé cursing most unholy words...

25''

Once more, Ocean Eleven has the right spirit, pushing towards the Smileys goal.

Not so fast, Jim! Quite literally, they do it much slower than the first time though.

True that, Tiny. Still, they have to press the attack, and they are doing so. It could be worse!

29''

Minutes ago the Smileys were under attack in front of their goal, now they are the ones attacking again.

32''

And back in midfield we are, where once more neither Matt Caldfell nor Bernie Catton can stop the Smileys.

Their Zandy, flanked by Brandy, is showing us some impressive short pass play!

36''

The Rats swarm the Oleanders penalty area again! This time Ocean Eleven is giving them a proper fight though.

No joke, Jim. Their defense and the Smileys offense are about evenly matched, on a very high level. It is the small things making a difference here.

42''

The score is no small thing anymore: another goal by the Smileys, this time by Candy. Sweet!

No cheap puns, Jim! Ocean Eleven is now 0:3 behind, and has little more than the second half of this game to turn this from a disaster into a glimmer of hope.

44''

The only team turning anything around is the Sea Rat one, taking the ball off the Eleven shortly after kickoff!

50''

Caldwell could take the ball back for the Eleven, it is for nothing though. The referees whistle ended the first half after plenty of overtime, sending both teams off the field for a break.

The Sea Rats Smileys can go into the second half quite relaxed, but I would pay good money to be in Ocean Elevens cabin now.

Would you really, Jim?

Well, probably not...