(Luc)ky Luke

Finding a profession, third try

‘The second task my mother charged me with was repairing and making furniture and all sorts of tools essential in village life. This was the task of a wife and husband  that were one of the youngest of the group when they had  fled the city. If I closed my eyes and imagined that the cold and soft but rough wood between my hands was actually flaming hot and icy smooth steel, wood carving actually came close to forging. However, using a chisel and hammer with closed eyes for the rest of my life would only result in my hands being sore.  Besides, cleaning up after work was terrible, although the carpenter and his wife were convinced I would make a great sweep.’

-Ronan

49043494348_4d1ab255dc_c.jpg

This is the second vignette I made for my story and I actually made this a few months back but never got around to post it. The next vignette will be the last one in this series and then the story will continue. 

Some may notice that I changed the hairpiece of Ronan and this is because I thought this piece fitted his age and character better than the one I used in the previous build. (I would gladly hear your opinion about it.)

Want to read the previous part of the story: Here

Edited by (Luc)ky Luke

Cool. Like the 'messy' workshop with all the tools and wood lying and hanging around.
the Guy with the hammer and chisel and the guy sweeping the floor, nice.
Only the 'base' looks a bit small? 

Another lovely vig!  The cluttered workshop look is definitely fun, and the items including the chest stuffed up above their heads is a nice touch.  I'm a little worried about that torch there in the wood shop, though.  :wink:

I am really enjoying these little vigs that tell the story.  There's a lot of humor and detail packed into each one.  The cluttered look, with things haphazardly thrown everywhere is great.  I really enjoy the floor, too!  What technique did you use to make that?  I can't quite tell what the pieces are from the picture.  Does it use the plates with the rails on them?  Great job!

@neonic Thank you! The base was supposed to be small because the idea was to make small scenes of Ronan trying to get a job. 

@deraven Thank you! And yes the torch placement is a little tricky. I hope they have some water nearby, just in case.:wink:

@Grover Thank you very much! For the floor I used the 1x2 'grill tiles' and everytime pushed 2 of them together (that creates the little heigtdifference) and then put them sideways. 

On 11/22/2019 at 1:14 AM, (Luc)ky Luke said:

@neonic

@deraven

@Grover Thank you very much! For the floor I used the 1x2 'grill tiles' and everytime pushed 2 of them together (that creates the little heigtdifference) and then put them sideways. 

Ah ha!  I couldn't figure it out from the pics, but that make sense now.  Neat little pattern!

That's a lot of boards and planks scattered about! Very good representation of a carpentry shop, and the floor design is nifty.