TalonCard

New LEGO Awesome Activity Book with Pirate minifigure

This may only be of interest to obsessive Pirate collectors like me, but there's a new Awesome Ideas Activity book out with a Pirate minifigure included! It's a unique minifigure, though it's made up of existing minifigure elements. It was released in 2019, and seems to be a British book. Not sure how it ended up in a Half Price Books in Texas, but I was pleasantly surprised because I had never seen it before. It's a bog-standard Pirate minifigure, but we go so long between Pirate releases these days that finding any new Pirate LEGO in a store is pretty special. I think this is the first book to include a Pirate minifigure since 2009.

The inside of the activity book has absolutely nothing Pirate related, save for a few appearances by this minifigure. Again, not a must-buy, but it's nice to know it exists.

IMG_20191110_000918369_resized.jpg

5 hours ago, TalonCard said:

This may only be of interest to obsessive Pirate collectors like me

Hit us up bro!

5 hours ago, TalonCard said:

Not sure how it ended up in a Half Price Books in Texas

So is the original retail price $9.98 or shouldn't we be taking the name "Half Price Books" too literally?

@TalonCard - Good find. I live in the UK and I'm quite up to date on these type of things because I buy them for my boy; yet I've never seen this book before.

I even checked all 27 pages of Centum Books releases on Amazon UK and it's not there, so it looks like a very rare find indeed.

My guess is that it's either a future release that you got early, or an old discontinued/scrapped edition.

19 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

So is the original retail price $9.98 or shouldn't we be taking the name "Half Price Books" too literally?

No, that's right. The RRP on the back is £7.99/$9.99. (Pretty steep for an activity book, IMO, especially with such a generic minifigure.) Half Price books is a pretty cool place; books are usually used and half the cover price, though they do have collectible items that are more expensive, or new stuff like this that they probably got in large lots at a discount. 

7 hours ago, leafan said:

@TalonCard - Good find. I live in the UK and I'm quite up to date on these type of things because I buy them for my boy; yet I've never seen this book before.

I even checked all 27 pages of Centum Books releases on Amazon UK and it's not there, so it looks like a very rare find indeed.

My guess is that it's either a future release that you got early, or an old discontinued/scrapped edition.

Thanks, I was wondering about that! I was Googling around to see if it was cheaper elsewhere, but aside from a few eBay auctions I couldn't find it. Unusual for a LEGO item.

7 hours ago, TalonCard said:

Half Price books is a pretty cool place

Got an idea if these might be available elsewhere?

I looked on eBay but there were none at that particular moment...

No idea at all, I'm afraid--they were just there. Half Price Books is a chain, so it's possible there are more at other locations.

In Texas and shop at HPB frequently, I'll keep my eyes peeled for these.
Anyone else want a copy if I find them? I'll pick up extras at cost if anyone is hot for one.

On 12/5/2019 at 5:59 AM, Masked Mini said:

I'll pick up extras at cost if anyone is hot for one.

Oh hell yeah!  But the shipping costs would be prohibitive.

Seems to be the same torso as the figure in the Pirate Rollercoaster set from 2018, but seeing LEGO Pirates themed content in 2019 is good.

Edited by TeriXeri

On 12/4/2019 at 1:59 PM, Masked Mini said:

In Texas and shop at HPB frequently, I'll keep my eyes peeled for these.
Anyone else want a copy if I find them? I'll pick up extras at cost if anyone is hot for one.

This seems like a pretty interesting addition for a collection, so I'd love to get my hands on a copy. I live in Florida, so if you're down, I'd love to pay you for a copy if you ever find one. 

If you do find one, just PM me and we can go from there. Thanks for the offer! :laugh:

Still have not spotted a copy in the wild.
Such is life when dealing with used book stores though.

On 12/5/2019 at 5:22 PM, Mister Phes said:

Oh hell yeah!  But the shipping costs would be prohibitive.

On 12/5/2019 at 8:58 PM, The Neighborhood Merchant said:

This seems like a pretty interesting addition for a collection, so I'd love to get my hands on a copy. I live in Florida, so if you're down, I'd love to pay you for a copy if you ever find one. 

If you do find one, just PM me and we can go from there. Thanks for the offer! :laugh:

I found a few yesterday. Picked up 2 copies for you guys. PM me your shipping addresses and I'll try to figure out how to get them out to you.

On 1/22/2020 at 12:33 AM, Masked Mini said:

PM me your shipping addresses and I'll try to figure out how to get them out to you.

Many thanks! However, shipping costs tend to be prohibitive to this part of the world (which is Australia in my case) so may require some research before proceeding.

11 hours ago, Masked Mini said:

Mailed them out and pm'd the tracking information lads.

Gracias señor!

How much do I owe you?

8 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Gracias señor!

How much do I owe you?

I'll PM you.

On 2/1/2020 at 6:20 PM, Masked Mini said:

Mailed them out and pm'd the tracking information lads.

:pir-blush:

That's a very nice thing to do!

3 hours ago, leafan said:

That's a very nice thing to do!

Teamwork makes the Dream work.
I'm sure you gents would return the favor if the boot was on the other foot.

On 2/3/2020 at 1:50 AM, Masked Mini said:

I'll PM you.

Thanking you kindly!

I shall grant thee yer very own pirate title...

On 2/4/2020 at 5:30 PM, Mister Phes said:

I shall grant thee yer very own pirate title...

Hot Dog... I'm a real  boy Pirate!
Now I need me a hearty crew and a lungy ship.

2 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Well... well... well...  looky here....

image.png

Sir, where is your eye-patch? Were you faking it all along????

where.PNG

7 hours ago, leafan said:

Sir, where is your eye-patch? Were you faking it all along????

Oh, the eye-patch was my Halloween costume a couple of years ago.  It's the mustache you really should be questioning...