Darnok

[WTC] Administrational changes...

Some things never change...

... and some things do change.

After months and even years of work for the WTC it had become clear to Kadeus Mordo that the administration of such an organisation could no longer remain as it was. With the Mesabis in charge in name only most of the everyday dealings had fallen to him - something he was no longer willing to handle all on his own.

The Operator corps had done a solid job with smaller operations, but they had no big picture to work with. Taking these ruthless individuals, and searching their ranks for the very best of the best - or worst, depending on your opinion of the WTC - Mordo recruited a select few of them to become what he called WTC Adminstrators.

This new rank came with almost absolute power over the WTCs ressources, surpassed only by the Mesabis and Mordo himself. They were meant to run the WTC with its grand plan in mind, dealing with strategic tasks and giving Mordo the freedom to pursue his own agenda - while answering only to him. That would change once the infamous Count was back in Mesabi Landing, but who knew how much longer that would take?

The first of this new WTC Administrators was to be Arthur Mengsk, an individual of shady and mysterious past, and completely loyal to Mordo.

buZjICA.jpg

"Kadeus my friend, these new offices are shiny, as is my uniform. I ver much like all of this - other than the huge amount of work it brings. I have yet to properly furnish my rooms..."

"Always the complainer I know, Arthur! Remember to call me properly out in public, I do not want to have the Mesabi nepotism associated with me. Officially we hardly know each other, and you were cosen for your exceptional work only! Anyway, despite all the work on your end you were able to put up some painting on the wall? Nice bit of classical cubism right there."

"Sure is, I like the old masters. There is always time for art. And it might not look like it with the stacks of paper there, but I have dealt with most of your requests already. Our operations in Quinnsville and Stormhaven are well underway, with your other plans set in motion as well. We have dispatched a small fleet to Spudkirk, accompaned by some troops and construction workers."

Mordo replied: "Very well, so I can leave for the East soon. Excellent! What is it with the latest WTCM delay? I also heard the parade has not happened yet... but we paid for ot already! What is up with that?"

Slightly agitated, Mengsk responded: "Those darn newspaper folks messed up something, the official excuse had to do with printing errors. Whatever! The parade is paid for indeed, and I will personally see to it before the end of the month. Time to give those redshirts a kick up their lazy antistuds! On the other hand, you might be relieved to hear that we just received the last paperwork necessary for the football tournament. So with some luck we might have it run and done before years end!"

"Good news indeed. I will put it into your hands. One more thing. These two letters..."

ZkB8G8Z.jpg

"... need to be dispatched as soon as possible. They contain copies of a map and our reasoning for sending warships and troops to Spudkirk, so have one each sent to the place and the local governor. I will leave before nightfall, and trust you giving this the utmost priority."

"It will be done... Mr. Mordo. I guess ou can not tell me any details of the letters contents or what you are up to?"

"Of course not. I have company by two High Priests though, if that is giving you the right idea."

"Holy sh... may your fire not perish then."

With a simple nod, Mordo turned around and left...

================================================================

Posting this was planned for a while, as @Mesabi can attest. At long last!

A few things will follow soon, some text only, some with builds. This one will stay around for the time being - the office can not stay without proper furniture forever! I also hope to use it for some upcoming stories in the near future. I consider the build done for the scene I wanted to show here, but overall it is somewhat "WIP", so no EGS license for now. licensed on June 30th, 2022.

I used the very same "trick" as in another scene before in regards to background outside of the window:

QCPDLbs.jpg

It's hardly visible, but things like this matter to me.

Also, from above:

wqfq5zn.jpg

So let's see where the WTC is heading with these latest decisions. :pir-classic:

As always, comments and criticism are welcome - in particular in regards what you would like to see for an expansion of this build.

Edited by Darnok

A solid build overall. Perhaps some fancy curtains and/or architectural elements around the windows could spice it up, unless you specifically want that particular look. Neat idea for the background behind the windows - if you hadn't shown it, I never would've guessed it. I really like the floor pattern. Is that white minifig a standard piece?

1 hour ago, Darnok said:

a kick up their lazy antistuds!

:oh:

I've used a similar trick to create night skies for some of my builds, a huge book instead of computer screen.

13 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

A solid build overall. Perhaps some fancy curtains and/or architectural elements around the windows could spice it up, unless you specifically want that particular look. Neat idea for the background behind the windows - if you hadn't shown it, I never would've guessed it. I really like the floor pattern. Is that white minifig a standard piece?

Thanks.

I kept the walls barren on purpose (with the exception of the painting) to stress the unfinished state of the office. Maybe that will change once the interior is complete.

The WTC Administrator is mostly Beetlejuice from a Dimensions set.

9 hours ago, kurigan said:

What's that green torso from? 

Mordo is taken 1:1 from Doctor Strange's Sanctum Sanctorum.

8 hours ago, gedren_y said:

I've used a similar trick to create night skies for some of my builds, a huge book instead of computer screen.

Aye, such stuff can work wonders. :thumbup:

The great thing about using the laptop is its flexibility combined with the massive variety of images provided by the internet. With books I am restricted to the motives I have printed in them - and to their size. Not only can I use so much more images on the laptop, but I can also easily resize and edit them.

Edited by Darnok

Good story, really, for such a relative small build. One think you might want to take into consideration: re-read the entire text before you upload, I know, I also always forget it, but the story is just more pleasant to read without some of those small errors:innocent2::caroler:

Very nice interior scene build. Love that floor! And I like how you handle the scene out the windows. I've used scenic calendars in the past for the same purpose.

Well done. :thumbup: