Sign in to follow this  
Professor Thaum

[SR - FB 1 Nov 619] RSNP Botanical Garden

King's Harbour, just outside the Royal Society School.

8pax.jpg

Dr Thaum : Gentlemen, I promised a garden for the Royal Society of Natural Philosophy School, one year ago when I was introduced... It is now done !

Let me introduce yourselves, Mr Havershaw : my gardener.

vz5p.jpg

Dr Thaum : I will emphasize here, plants with particular medical properties. So you can see the well-known purple loosestrife, a pepper plant from Gunpowder Island,

equisetum and some lavender. This banana tree in the corner albeit looking as a common one comes from Gunpowder Island too, so it will be investigated here and remain under Mr Havershaw survey.

lzcb.jpg

Dr Thaum : You probably recognize a Loti mahogany at my left and just behind me a Molokei maple. And now, that this garden is complete

you may find just behind yourselves, 3 very uncommon species, and almost unique scientific specimen...

m91m.jpg

Dr Thaum : An Hungarius Uncontrolibus Drosera, and two unique specimen : an Antheric brush and an Utricularia Tentaculata Giga.

I received seeds from those two unique ones by my mentor and haven't find any other  ones in the world.

4dhs.jpg

Dr Thaum : That's awesome, Mr Havershaw, you did a great work, Rosetta and Cutty Shark seem on form !!

and that Antheric brush become well acclimatized.

7l4r.jpg

Havershaw : Indeed ! The antheric is on form, even starts to produce some berry, as Rosetta. And Cutty Shark is very friendly, I think it likes me.

Cutty Shark : Puuuurrrrr ! Puuuurrr !!

Dr Thaum : Those berries are treasures, so I insist that they must be carefully harvested, without arming the plants. No one should be allowed to do that except you.

Havershaw : No problem, Doctor, I think that Cutty Shark and Rosetta will prevent any theft of berry...

C&C welcome, this garden will be licensed as a medium educational by the RSNP @Ayrlego @Bregir

Great build, Thaum! There are so many unique methods you used here, it's spectacular! The variety of plants is very striking, and you did a wonderful job to make each unique. The Utricularia Tentaculata Giga will surely haunt my dreams, but you definitely did a fantastic job with it.

Once again, great build! So many details and a fun read too. Kudos to you! :grin:

Mr Havershaw is a very conscientius gardener, taking care of every small seedling of the garden.

And the bananas from the special banana tree of Gunpowder island are starting to grow.

3cw2.jpg

Aaargh, horrible mutant bananas!!! Interesting concept and, even if I wouldn't have never said that, completely time consistent: if somebody (like me) guessed, botanical gardens were a fact far before the golden period of the sail age.

Nice collection of plants! Fortunately for him Mr Havershaw must be hard to chew...

What the hell for bananas we have here ?

Mr Havershaw cannot make head or tail of it.

It's time to consult the ancient manuscript of thaumaturgically assited gardening...

82ko.jpg

Loving your gardens professor! I've meaning to make a hot house for some time now ... Perhaps the professor would be willing to populate it with his studies?

I just hope for the sake of the RSNP - and the good professor, and of course the helpful Mr. Havershaw - that those 'bananas' from Gunpowder Island won't eventually blow up the whole garden... or worse  :laugh: