Eoin Wallace

A Meeting With The Dwarves

previously

After being manipulated by Erdan so many times Eoin had decided to rethink what Erdan had said after talking to the bartender. So, he had gone back to his room and talked with all of his soldiers and had decided to go confront Erdan, but when they got back they saw Erdan had taken control of the fort Cander. In the battle that ensued they managed to defeat him. So Eoin left all his soldiers to protect the fort then talked to Jarl Olaf he got orders to take Erdan to a nearby dwarven prison.

Jarl Olaf had also said that after bringing Erdan to justice, he could keep commanding Fort Cander even though he had not performed his duties as a Karl. However, Eoin had refused the offer and instead decided to go back to his cottage in the woods to escape the stress of commanding.

So finally back to being a lowly ranger of mitgardia, and away from an old friend and traitor. 

Here is a picture without minifigures:

Unfortunately I couldn't make it into category A, so this is what I did instead. C&C welcome!:dhappy:

Nice build I especially like how you made the door simpel but still give it the look of a heavy reinforced door. I also like the subtle detail of the two slope pieces in the left corner. The only think you could do better is maybe try to use different elements for the snow on the tree, it looks a bit too blocky for the style you went with. (I also really like that you used trans clear tiles to make the snow on the ground look like it has been walked on a lot and turned into ice). Good job!

Very cool!  I like the snotted rockwork, and the doors look great.  I appreciate how you paid attention to detail on the path, where people have trodden the snow away, yet left patches of ice where it has been compacted, melted by the sun, and refrozen.  Great details!  Still enjoying the progression of the story too!  @soccerkid6 held the title of Mitgardia's Moccing machine, but I think you may be starting to give him a run for his money!  Nice work!

Gorgeous gates, Fellow Mitgardian Eoin! The rockwork is greatly done. The snow looks beautiful, especially including the transparent pieces representing ice. I really like the small pine tree by the right and the bits of iron detail on the wooden doors.

The way you positioned the minifigs is good too, as it really feels like they are in motion.

Somehow, the small light reflections (mainly on the rockwork) seem like snowflakes falling from the sky - and it looks magical!

The perspective picture showing Eoin is perfect. I understand how a MOC like this can be difficult to photograph, but I think the angle in the first (main) picture could be an inch or to lower, to get a bit more sense of depth. But I’d say it’s a minor detail that might even not make a difference at all.

Beautiful work, sire. Even if it didn’t make it to the challenge, still a great addition to the Mitgardian Encyclopedia.

On 11/10/2019 at 9:24 AM, (Luc)ky Luke said:

Nice build I especially like how you made the door simpel but still give it the look of a heavy reinforced door. I also like the subtle detail of the two slope pieces in the left corner. The only think you could do better is maybe try to use different elements for the snow on the tree, it looks a bit too blocky for the style you went with. (I also really like that you used trans clear tiles to make the snow on the ground look like it has been walked on a lot and turned into ice). Good job!

Thanks! And i'll remember to change the snow next time.

On 11/11/2019 at 1:31 PM, Grover said:

Very cool!  I like the snotted rockwork, and the doors look great.  I appreciate how you paid attention to detail on the path, where people have trodden the snow away, yet left patches of ice where it has been compacted, melted by the sun, and refrozen.  Great details!  Still enjoying the progression of the story too!  @soccerkid6 held the title of Mitgardia's Moccing machine, but I think you may be starting to give him a run for his money!  Nice work!

Thank you!:dsweet:

On 11/13/2019 at 5:31 AM, Louis of Nutwood said:

Gorgeous gates, Fellow Mitgardian Eoin! The rockwork is greatly done. The snow looks beautiful, especially including the transparent pieces representing ice. I really like the small pine tree by the right and the bits of iron detail on the wooden doors.

The way you positioned the minifigs is good too, as it really feels like they are in motion.

Somehow, the small light reflections (mainly on the rockwork) seem like snowflakes falling from the sky - and it looks magical!

The perspective picture showing Eoin is perfect. I understand how a MOC like this can be difficult to photograph, but I think the angle in the first (main) picture could be an inch or to lower, to get a bit more sense of depth. But I’d say it’s a minor detail that might even not make a difference at all.

Beautiful work, sire. Even if it didn’t make it to the challenge, still a great addition to the Mitgardian Encyclopedia.

Thanks! This has been one of my hardest mocs to photograph, and i'm still not entirely happy with it, so i'll definitely remember that next time. :classic:

Great work framing the scenes with cliffs, while staggering them in such a way that our view is still unobstructed :thumbup:

The dirt path and stone stairs both look fabulous :dsweet:

45 minutes ago, soccerkid6 said:

Great work framing the scenes with cliffs, while staggering them in such a way that our view is still unobstructed :thumbup:

The dirt path and stone stairs both look fabulous :dsweet:

Thanks, I'm very glad you like it! I hope to have another castle moc I've been working on posted today.