9 hours ago, LvdH said:

99% done. I forgot to order a few dark blue parts for the front. I managed to get my hands on a bunch of rare dark blue parts (6536, 42003, 32039 and the original ribbed hose).
The gearbox is amazing and so much quicker than I expected. Imo near flawless, except for the steering column which is a bit fragile. Ideally you want very old and worn PF switches for this model, as they are vital to the functionality and reduce friction. 

The roof is truly magic but a pain to build. There are several axles that must be aligned perfectly or the sequence won't work. Also don't test any of the roof functions, no matter how tempting it may be, as it will mess up the alignment. 

Instructions were fine, but a bit unclear sometimes. I have no idea where the seats go. It isn't shown clearly at all, and the passenger seat doesn't fit the way I think it's supposed to. 

I also spotted two mistakes. The first:

z3AUHU2.png

The pin won't fit. It should be moved one stud to the right and requires a small mod. 

And the other, the mirrors for the left door are made while building the right door and vice versa. That one wasn't a big issue.  

Glad you like the roof. It is a tricky mechanism, but in the end it is worth the effort, right?

Thanks for pointing out the mistakes in the instructions, I'll ask Ivan to update them.

The chair can be positioned more backwards so that the 24T gear is located under the armrest (i think moving it back 2 studs from where you have it now, the back of the chair is then really tight to the panel behind it). I'll see if we can get a cleaner shot on how to mount them.

And another shot from Il Toro Azzurro:

49100644398_8d4a5126d1_c.jpg

Edited by Jeroen Ottens

27 minutes ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Glad you like the roof. It is a tricky mechanism, but in the end it is worth the effort, right?

Thanks for pointing out the mistakes in the instructions, I'll ask Ivan to update them.

The chair can be positioned more backwards so that the 24T gear is located under the armrest (i think moving it back 2 studs from where you have it now, the back of the chair is then really tight to the panel behind it). I'll see if we can get a cleaner shot on how to mount them.

Yes absolutely. The roof alone is worth the money. 

Regarding the seats, I see what you mean. I fixed it already by moving the dark blue plate a stud back and putting the seats on the furthest most back studs. 

I have one more question. How do I know what gear it is in? Or what is the selected gear in the instructions? I have shifted through some gears but they didn't seem to make much of a difference. Though it's also possible that I have the DNR switch on reverse. Forward is drive right? 

1 hour ago, LvdH said:

Yes absolutely. The roof alone is worth the money. 

Regarding the seats, I see what you mean. I fixed it already by moving the dark blue plate a stud back and putting the seats on the furthest most back studs. 

I have one more question. How do I know what gear it is in? Or what is the selected gear in the instructions? I have shifted through some gears but they didn't seem to make much of a difference. Though it's also possible that I have the DNR switch on reverse. Forward is drive right? 

There is no gear indicator, but forward is Reverse.:wink:

58 minutes ago, linhhhinl said:

@Jeroen Ottens Thank you for sharing these cars! Both are awesome. Do you think the second car is possible in orange? Dark blue is a bit too rare for me

I'm afraid not. Both the 7L flexaxles, the 3x11 tapered panels and the 3x4x5 panels are not available in orange. And I fear there might be some systemparts that are unavailable as well.
Dark Azure is also not possible because of the same panels.
And the fenderpieces make all other colours impossible too.

Very nice cars @Jeroen Ottens !

I must admit I tend to prefer the Azur one :classic:

For the PF Tribute, why didn't you try to call it "Gallardo" or "LP520 Spider"? I don't think you will create any copyrights issues with these kinds of names :wink:.

As said earlier, I think a demo video of each car would be profitable, even more when there are paid instructions!

Edited by grego18f
Posted it before having finished to write. The "Enter" is too sensitive :p

Hi @Jeroen Ottens. I bought the instructions a while back and recently started building Il Toro Azzurro.

I love the design and the detachable body so you can see inside occasionally :)

Using the V2 instructions I noticed that the openable rear hatch does not properly fit.

Looking at the photos in this forum, it seems like you have used Axle Pin with Friction Ridges Lengthwise; according the instructions one needs 2x Axle Pin 3L with Friction Ridges Lengthwise and 2L Axle.

2020-04-13%20-%20Il%20Toro%20Azzurro%20h

This makes the opening too small for the moveable part to sit in.

Also I noticed that the rims are rubbing while steering the Technic Bush 1/2 Smooth that keep the springs in place.

I simply flipped the Axle 4 with stop and moved half bush to the other side to prevent this from happening.

Thanks for the feedback. You're right on both points. I'll update the instructions.

Edited by Jeroen Ottens

11 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Thanks for the feedback. You're right on both points. I'll update the instructions.

Thank you! Quality of the instructions is excellent and I am happy to have bought these recently, especially now that we are encouraged to stay at home as much as possible.