Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

[LEGO IDEAS] Soldier Imperial Golden Fort by Master0889

Click here to vote

From the words of Master0889...

Join the adventure and discover the secrets of the Soldier Imperial Golden Fort. This island has many secrets. Imperial Soldiers are waiting to win with Pirates! Who will first discover the hidden treasury?

My model is an Island of Imperial Guards. Island has a fort and a lot of palm trees, animals and pier with automatic crane for ship. Modules of Fort can be placed on a black base if you like. You can create many combinations. The model includes additional bridge and a small wooden footbridge.

VOTE NOW!!!

Click here to vote

Looking good. Nice colors, looks like a happy place.
a Lot of nice details too and a lot things to play with. Also like the palmtrees and all those animals.

the Blue boat looks a bit odd comparing with the rest. the Pirateraft looks good, funny creation :wink:

Eh... I don't like this at all. It looks more like a long wall than a fort to me, has garish and incoherent color scheme, and the viking-like boat, obviously inspired by set 7016, seems out of place in a pirate MOC. The whole thing oddly reminds me of all those Chinese knockoff pirate sets rather than classic LEGO.

10 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

It has already been posted on LEGO Ideas.

VOTE NOW!!!

Thus noted, and done!

7 hours ago, Corydoras said:

Eh... I don't like this at all. It looks more like a long wall than a fort to me, has garish and incoherent color scheme, and the viking-like boat, obviously inspired by set 7016, seems out of place in a pirate MOC. The whole thing oddly reminds me of all those Chinese knockoff pirate sets rather than classic LEGO.

While I do agree on the boat, I feel the color scheme is well in line with at least the 2015 line of Pirate sets, especially with the usage of the dark red brick blocks. Also,  it's modular,  so you can rearrange the four modules that make up the fort however you like.

12 hours ago, Corydoras said:

Pretty harsh criticisms. This MOC serves as a reminder that life can be jolly for the Imperials too. I know it's not really the sort of thing you usually build based on your topics, but maybe you could focus on what you think works well here? Did you notice the seamless inclusion of a torsion spring brick that powers the crane here?

@Mister Phes Looks good matey. I always love Pirates III imperial builds, being the young whippersnapper that I am!

MAC

1 hour ago, iammac said:

@Mister Phes Looks good matey.

Just to clarify I am not the creator of this submission - I'm just posting here for the benefit of everyone at Eurobricks.

It was submitted to LEGO Ideas by Master0889 and I'm uncertain whether that person has a Eurobrick presence.

Vey nice build.. I think that LTG have to listen the voice from the afols and give as some good sets!!!! 

1 vote from me!! 

13 hours ago, Master0889 said:

I am the author of this idea. Thank you for sharing, support and all comments.  

You're welcome - thanks for dropping by the forum!

On 11/10/2019 at 2:37 PM, Corydoras said:

Eh... I don't like this at all. It looks more like a long wall than a fort to me, has garish and incoherent color scheme ... 

It looks like a long wall, but you can change it because of the loose elements. I think it's looks cool. Besides ... so far I know, all those castles and stuff are all unfoldable, to a long wall.
Incoherent color? What's coherent?
I think it's a nice combination and it gives a tropical feel. the Colors, the animals and all those plants and trees.

Edited by neonic

On 11/11/2019 at 3:06 AM, iammac said:

Pretty harsh criticisms. This MOC serves as a reminder that life can be jolly for the Imperials too. I know it's not really the sort of thing you usually build based on your topics, but maybe you could focus on what you think works well here? Did you notice the seamless inclusion of a torsion spring brick that powers the crane here?

My topics do not reflect what I usually build at all, as I rarely even shoot my MOCs and haven't done it for years. And to answer your questions, I have trouble noticing what works well here because of how cluttered the build feels.

On 11/10/2019 at 10:17 PM, Jevil said:

While I do agree on the boat, I feel the color scheme is well in line with at least the 2015 line of Pirate sets, especially with the usage of the dark red brick blocks.

Well, I feel the 2015 line was hardly the highest point in the LEGO Pirates history, but that's just my personal opinion.

Edited by Corydoras

Wow, what a fantastic MOC! This is one of those MOCs that truly hit the peak of value. This would be wonderful for kids and adults alike for the sheer amount this brings. The modularity is sheer genius! It remind me of a large scale 2015 remake of the lagoon lockup that can be transformed in to what 70412 should have been. The raft and the fishing boat are very lovable and have great detailing. The fort itself is amazing in features and in detailing. There's something going on everywhere you look that's unique and playful; and as @iammac said, the spring inclusion is brilliant! Absolutely love it! Kudos to you, @Master0889!

Also, don't pay attention to the criticism you received on this build, as it's unjust in it's review. Problem is Cory has been looking at too many SW MOCs and that can make you used to a pretty dark color palette! :laugh:

As always, thank you @Mister Phes for showing us another one of these gorgeous creations!

14 hours ago, Corydoras said:

My topics do not reflect what I usually build at all, as I rarely even shoot my MOCs and haven't done it for years. And to answer your questions, I have trouble noticing what works well here because of how cluttered the build feels.

Well, I feel the 2015 line was hardly the highest point in the LEGO Pirates history, but that's just my personal opinion.

Well; Build wise, Yes, you're absolutely right. The fort was a $40 set, the big draw was that the four structure builds could be linked to form a small pirate fortress, or a sub-par imperial fort, and the ship used even fewer pieces than the 2009 Iteration. Heck, They cut corners naming the blasted thing as well! 2009- Brickbeard's Bounty, 2015- Brick Bounty.

Only appealing quality about the 2015 line was the Minifigures being updated/refreshed designs for Captain Roger/Redbeard, and Boatswain Will. Also, Bluecoat soldiers for OG-Pirate-heads.

I was raised with the 89-97 Pirate line, and will dispute anyone who doesn't think that's the best line of Lego Pirates!

Edited by Jevil

17 hours ago, The Neighborhood Merchant said:

Also, don't pay attention to the criticism you received on this build, as it's unjust in it's review. Problem is Cory has been looking at too many SW MOCs and that can make you used to a pretty dark color palette! :laugh:

I'm a pirate man at heart, and I appreciate the original soldier/imperial striking white/yellow/red color scheme, but I like it to be somewhat coherent, not all over the place.

port street.jpg

Edited by Corydoras

18 hours ago, Corydoras said:

I'm a pirate man at heart, and I appreciate the original soldier/imperial striking white/yellow/red color scheme, but I like it to be somewhat coherent, not all over the place.

This is a fine MOC indeed!  But is it your own or just an example?

On 11/14/2019 at 1:36 AM, The Neighborhood Merchant said:

As always, thank you @Mister Phes for showing us another one of these gorgeous creations! 

Just doing my part for the LEGO Pirates!

But we should also give a shout-out to @leafan who originally posted this MOC in the LEGO Pirates Ideas Support Index.

Lefan has been doing a great job updating that topic so whenever I get the chance, I create topics in the Pirate MOC Forum so the Ideas submissions can get the attention they deserve.

Didn't even know that topic was still being updated. In that case, also huge thanks to @leafan for all the support! I'll definitely be checking out that page in the future now that I know it's being updated!

Once again, this is a wonderful MOC and I simply cannot wait to see what amazing idea you come up with next, @Master0889!

9 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

My own, from circa 2009. I still like it enough to consider remaking it.

In case someone needs a clarification: the criticism on my part was never meant to be a personal attack, I've simply voiced my honest opinion on the MOC, which in my eyes suffers from an unnecessarily garish color scheme and overabundance of details. I feel it could be improved. At the same time, I respect other people's positive opinions on Master0889's creation as it is. Everyone has the right to like or not like something, and it's always good to have some diversity.

You're completely fine, @Corydoras. I apologize for being biased, and I'm sure no one here mean't to become defensive. Lets go back to focusing on the MOC, as it's the reason we all came here. Since the creator of this MOC has a Eurobricks account, why don't you recommend to him what you'd personally change. This way he might be able to get some good ideas. :pir_laugh2:

Also, as Mac said, nice dock! It looks wonderful! Do you have a flickr that showcases it in better detail?

Ahoy! Welcome aboard the best forum, @Master0889 :classic:

Overall I think this is a good accessible build with lots of accessories, and the playable features look good. :thumbup:

But I'm going to agree at least somewhat with @Corydoras regarding the use of color specifically. It does strike me as a bit incoherent or inconsistent. There are column/railing pieces and window lattices in multiple colors, which is somewhat jarring visually. Likewise the variety of vegetation colors is interesting, but almost too much of a kaleidoscope for me. And as much as I like white and red together on the walls, I wonder if an earth tone accent color would go better with the dark blue roof, or perhaps a less colorful roof might compliment the walls better? Just a thought...

I'm still not a fan of joining 2 rowboats together for a single vessel, though. I know TLG has done it, but it always looks too long and too clunky at the point of connection to me. I'd much rather see a small-hulled ship like the trader from the Imperial Trading Post.

But besides those things, nice MOC.

18 hours ago, Corydoras said:

My own, from circa 2009. I still like it enough to consider remaking it.

The MOC itself doesn't look too shabby, it's more the photography...  if the photo had better framing and was higher resolution, your MOC would make a nice post for Classic-Pirates social media.

On 11/15/2019 at 2:39 AM, Mister Phes said:

Just doing my part for the LEGO Pirates!

But we should also give a shout-out to @leafan who originally posted this MOC in the LEGO Pirates Ideas Support Index.

Lefan has been doing a great job updating that topic so whenever I get the chance, I create topics in the Pirate MOC Forum so the Ideas submissions can get the attention they deserve. 

Why, thank you, @Mister Phes! The shout out is much appreciated.

I just want more Pirates wherever it can be gained and I see Lego Ideas as the best place to do that, currently.

On 11/15/2019 at 3:38 AM, The Neighborhood Merchant said:

Didn't even know that topic was still being updated. In that case, also huge thanks to @leafan for all the support! I'll definitely be checking out that page in the future now that I know it's being updated!

Thank you too, @The Neighborhood Merchant!