Herky

Lego Architecture 2020

The Venice skyline includes St Mark’s basilica (a Catholic cathedral) so it’s not necessarily an exclusion criteria. There’s also the Taj Mahal if we’re talking large Creator Expert type sets. So it’s not unprecedented for TLG.

Personally I think it’s a stupid policy given the scope of subjects it would open up...for example Notrè Dâme, La Sagrada Familia, Angkor Wat, Hagia Sophia (without Jabba :laugh:) all of which also very much qualify as “tourist attractions” that the theme has now become.

1 minute ago, Lucarex said:

The Venice skyline includes St Mark’s basilica (a Catholic cathedral) so it’s not necessarily an exclusion criteria.

Excellent point, especially besides the Kremlin and the Seven Sisters I can't think of any more iconic secular buildings in Moscow.

Wouldn't mind seeing Dom Knigi & the Medniy Vsadnik in a St. Petersburg skyline, though :classic:

40 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

The Venice skyline includes St Mark’s basilica (a Catholic cathedral) so it’s not necessarily an exclusion criteria. There’s also the Taj Mahal if we’re talking large Creator Expert type sets. So it’s not unprecedented for TLG.

Personally I think it’s a stupid policy given the scope of subjects it would open up...for example Notrè Dâme, La Sagrada Familia, Angkor Wat, Hagia Sophia (without Jabba :laugh:) all of which also very much qualify as “tourist attractions” that the theme has now become.

Good point about San Marco. Especially in the Architecture line, I agree the rule is dumb. I’d love to see the ones you mentioned and many others. The fact is that religious buildings are often the most noteworthy buildings in a city or region and sometimes even the most interesting architecturally.

The Florence Duomo with Giotto’s bell tower, for example, would be an exceptionally interesting set. Same for Notre Dame.

On 10/2/2020 at 7:02 PM, Lucarex said:

Very good point on the Venice skyline with St Mark’s Basilica!! I haven’t thought of that in first place. And yes i agree - the policy is quite dumb... I would love to see these iconic landmarks you mentioned come in Lego Archeicture sets!

Just notice that they made a Venice landscape including also most famous/beautiful venicean church, the building and the set is not "St. Marks Chatedral".

Most themes already have leaked pictures out, and yet we still don't have any information on Architecture for 2021. Seems like there won't be any new Architecture releases for the first half of 2021.

6 hours ago, Kaanere said:

Most themes already have leaked pictures out, and yet we still don't have any information on Architecture for 2021. Seems like there won't be any new Architecture releases for the first half of 2021.

There’s usually always something in the retailer catalogue. This was leaked a few days ago but nothing showing.

According to Stonewars.de:

Architecture 2021 (translated)

So far, no LEGO Architecture sets have been announced for spring 2021. The publications may be postponed by a few months, or even until the second half of 2021. We will of course add to our list here as soon as we have the first information about the LEGO Architecture 2021 sets.

This doesn't seem good :sceptic: .

I follow a couple "leakers" on Instagram and nothing has leaked on Architecture at all.  Lots of other stuff, SW, MineCraft, Creator city, etc but zip, nada on this line.  I guess if it is over, it is over, had a good run.

2 minutes ago, Herky said:

I follow a couple "leakers" on Instagram and nothing has leaked on Architecture at all.  Lots of other stuff, SW, MineCraft, Creator city, etc but zip, nada on this line.  I guess if it is over, it is over, had a good run.

Or, it’s just taking a hiatus which is much more likely.

Still no Architecture rumors or leaks...pretty much everything but the modular set and this line have been leaked from what I can tell.

Creator Expert’s the Colosseum revelation is out!

Howeve,r I’m under impression that there are no rumors or leaks on Architecture theme for 2021. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7