Herky

Lego Architecture 2020

4 hours ago, Lucarex said:

No way to alert AFAIK so you’ll just need to be lucky. Also, I heard the Tree of Creativity is also going on general sale.

Those FLW sets were discussed and reviewed a few pages/couple months back in this thread.

Tree of Creativity and the Lego House Dinosaurs will be on sale only in UK, Ireland, and Denmark, unfortunately.

Lego House itself will be on sale worldwide, so I assume they have significantly more copies of it. Maybe that means it won't run out TOO quickly, and many people who want one can get it--myself included, of course! :)

Great news on the TOC available in those countries - I’ll be able to nab one (although debating the Ideas Treehouse, just space and budget consideration).

The LEGO House is a really lovely set I enjoyed building recently, and I’m glad it’s finally being opened up to those not lucky enough to go to Billund or willing pay 3x retail online.

I do hope they would release a more architectural model, and not so many rereleases of buildings we already have

On 4/30/2020 at 1:04 AM, Fairsy said:

Also, has anyone looked at Atom Bricks re the the FLW stuff, looks interesting

I reviewed two of the three sets at Brick Architect...

• Taliesin West - The better of the two, but some minor issues associated with the LOZ bricks.
  • Unity Temple - A perfectly satisfactory model, but not as inspired as Taliesin West.

—Tom

Just now, Fairsy said:

Lego House is available in the Lego Shop now - this is not a drill....

Sadly not true in the USA....

19 minutes ago, Fairsy said:

Lego House is available in the Lego Shop now - this is not a drill....

Already on back order, ships by 16 June, so those wanting/without need to be quick. At 44.99 too, less than the Billund price! 

(The other non-Architecture “exclusives” also available - Tree of Creativity (59.99) and Dinos (74.99) )

Some Atom Brick news, pre-orders soon being taken for new summer microscale sets, the interesting standouts being:

- The Alamo
- Niagara Falls

Others include St Louis Gateway Arch, Johnson Wax Headquarters (?!) and now available WW2 U-(Boat) 505.

Preview pics are up on website. 

EC138262-380-C-4-B6-F-BA7-A-9-D5-E01-EAC

Edited by Lucarex

Very curious about the Gateway Arch, since I know Adam Reed Tucker had been wanting to do a LEGO one but couldn't make it work with legal techniques. I wonder if he actually refined the model, or is just releasing the same design from a company without the same QA standards.

Lego White House should be out in Europe now, looks like June 7 sale date for North America.

Apparently it is selling quite well in Europe, but now I am seeing the North American date is August 1.

2 hours ago, Mrlikesninjagomoviethings said:

Architecture is one of my favorite Lego themes and can wait to find out which different buildings or places they will come out with

Same!! I hope they do more castles

21 hours ago, Mrlikesninjagomoviethings said:

Architecture is one of my favorite Lego themes and can wait to find out which different buildings or places they will come out with

Same here! I hope they do something new. Also, I hope they do an update version of Big Ben (Elizabeth Tower) after the first version. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

39 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Same here! I hope they do something new. Also, I hope they do an update version of Big Ben (Elizabeth Tower) after the first version. 

What’s wrong with the old 2016 one? Jamie pretty much nailed it.

I want to see more things we haven't gotten before and less repeats like the White House from this year and the Empire State Building from 2019.

The Chrysler building in NYC is an obvious choice.  It’s classic Art Deco and it’s design would make it less repetitive than the Empire State Building.  I’d also like to see the Kremlin, but that might require too many total pieces and too many new pieces.  

19 hours ago, Lucarex said:

What’s wrong with the old 2016 one? Jamie pretty much nailed it.

I’m not talking about that amazing 2016 Big Ben. I was talking about the Arch 2012 Big Bee. And I do have 2016 Big Ben and I LOVE it. I would like to see an updated Big Ben, just like White House, Empire State Building, etc. 

Curious.  What would the difference be between a new architecture series Big Ben and the 2016 Creator Big Ben?  Larger, more detail on both sides? Would people who have the large 2016 Big Ben want to spend what would be a relatively large amount of money on a new version?  Just asking, not pro or con.  

On 6/3/2020 at 11:01 AM, Herky said:

Apparently it is selling quite well in Europe, but now I am seeing the North American date is August 1.

That's right.  I confirmed with LEGO and it is August 1 in North & South America, June 1 everywhere else.  This has created a lot of anger and confusion of forums with a lot of LEGO Architecture fans from the USA who can't understand why the set comes out two months later in the country where the building is actually located... (They have a good point.)

I did get a review copy from LEGO, and have posted my review at Brick Architect. I liked the overall composition which includes both the East Wing and West Wing, and the level of detailing significantly exceeds the 2010 version. Also, the price-per-part is excellent (especially when released in USA for just $100).  Unfortunately, the proportions of the central building are completely wrong, the instruction booklet had several errors, and I strongly dislike the unfinished look of the landscaping, where roads and pathways sit above the grass and so many studs remain visible (instead of being smooth tile at the same height).

Thusly, it only barely earned our 3/5 star rating, which is a pretty big step down from the original 2010 #21006 The White House, which is in my top 10 list of LEGO Architecture sets (there are 50 sets so far).  Please feel free to check out the review (which includes a ton of photos).  I'd love to hear your thoughts, too!

JB2A1724-1200x600.jpg

-

JB2A1740-1200x600.jpg

#21006 (2010) vs. #21054 (2020) - Executive Residence only.

Sincerely,
—Tom

Even as an American who’s visited the White House more than once, this is a ho-hum release and will mark the first building in the architecture series that I don’t buy. From strictly an architectural stand point, while it’s a well know building, it certainly (in my opinion) isn’t a design icon.  A building may be well known, but that doesn’t mean it’s on my Lego  wish list.

9 hours ago, henrysunset said:

Thusly, it only barely earned our 3/5 star rating, which is a pretty big step down from the original 2010 #21006 The White House, which is in my top 10 list of LEGO Architecture sets (there are 50 sets so far).  Please feel free to check out the review (which includes a ton of photos).  I'd love to hear your thoughts, too!

Have you got a link to your ranking of the sets?