ace_klimax

[MOC] Manitou Telehandler (42043 C-model)

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-30791/klimax/manitou-telehandler-42043-c-model

https://bricksafe.com/pages/klimax/manitou-telehandler

Inspired by Manitou mlt telehandler, including color, shape and functions
Built only from parts of 42043 Merceder Benz Arocs set

Key features:

• HOG double axle steering
  • Opening engine hood
  • Opening drivers cabin door
  • Tilting and extending arm with tilting option of attachments
  • 6 simple exchangable attachments:

• Forks
    • Construction bucket
    • Agricultural grab bucket
    • Bale clamp - 3 sizes or versions
    • (all atachments functions are held in place by friction pins and can be built at the same time)

• Trailer with palletes for buckets

See those videos, so you could compare all small details presented on model:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdtu7zKfezU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcLDUUyb1ls
Attachments:
https://www.manitou.com/en/lp/VPBMxi8AAC0AW-v3

Functions, that didn't fit such small model:

• Crab and single front axle steering
  • Moving steering wheel while steering
  • Arm is located little higher on chasis to allow steering, decentered 0.5 stud to the right
  • All functions manual, no motor or pneumatic

85 pages of generated instructions (A4 landscape orientation) - sample on bricksafe

Manitou%20Telehandler%20from%2042043%20r

It goes straight to my 42043 c-model alternatives collection I have built or finishing building, see bellow

all%20moc%20from%2042043.png

Excavator and telehandler are interesting, but what I really like is telescopic boom extension with 2 gear racks :thumbup:

In 42043 there are not flex axles to shape the cab... but... damn those are pneumatic tubes! *oh2* genial! 

1 hour ago, mpj said:

In 42043 there are not flex axles to shape the cab... but... damn those are pneumatic tubes! *oh2* genial! 

Totally agree :thumbup:

5 hours ago, mpj said:

Improvise.

Adapt.

Overcome ;)

Allready used it for shaping mudguards in my Retro Baja trophy truck, but this model is not finished yet (in terms of creating digital model with instructions).

On this model I mostly tested custom made steering wheel hub holder with maximum available use of suspension (limited by parts available in 42043) and I'm very satisfied with the outcome.

Edited by ace_klimax

2 hours ago, M_longer said:

This is first one not based straightly on frame and functions of any older Technic set?

Hard to tell, there are allready telehandlers made.

Everything has to have been done before, so it's alternate / replica of at least parts, that you can allready see before

I'm considering it second not alternated of my allready released models (there are also some unreleased which are also original not alternate)

But as far as I remember, I allready explained you my goal:

1) to build as much as can be done as c-model from 42043 with as much possible functions as original model or real vehicle, without adding any aditional piece

2) functions needs to be manual (so now 3,5 old child can play with them, not to harm gears by electronics or pneumatics) (wheeled excavator was an exception)

3) if alternate of recent model, add some new functions

4) alternate of model, that can't be easily bought these days (7 years and older), also add some functions

5) create digital model or instructions of finished model, so my son can built them alone, once he is bigger (once it was ready I moved them to rebrickable to monetize them, it took so much time to create it, but the sells aren't the main purpose of creating the model, and real money outcome is also very small)

So if you can see the models, all add some other function, that was not presented, also considering that parts aren't the same, there are many build-arounds

I was also suprised, what else can be built from 1 set with some inovative thinking. It is filled with great set of gears and connection pins.

I initially bought 42043 as second hand set together with 42009 mobile crane, and it stayed 3 months in box till I initially built it. Leaving Mercedes built one week and then started to think of MOCs

Also considering that I build all these models during 2 years timespan (after going off my 'dark' age after 20 years without lego (never worked with studless before), with having a 9-17 job, and 2 children at home), I'm very satisfied with the outcomes

I have seen your mobile crane, which is really great model, but I haven't bought it yet (not suitable for really small children)

I was also considering building some kind of mobile crane keeping it more color consistent and without motorisation and pneumatics, but it would definitelly look like something, that has been built before

I hope you will not be treated by that (42043 c-model with the same purpose and possibly same functions)

It's not on my schedule right now and maybe I'll not have time for do so, I have so many other models to be finished right now