Fenghuang0296

Chinese New Year’s Sets 2020 - Rumours and Discussion

So, I bet everyone thought that the three (four of you count the Brickheadz) sets we got this year would be the end of it, right? WRONG!

https://brickingaround.com/2019/11/05/lego-announces-2020-chinese-new-year-sets/

Totally unexpected, but totally awesome! It’ll probably be just as overpriced as the previous wave, but these sets look gorgeous. I particularly like the recoloured Parker beanie/hair mould and the Lion parade floats. 

Discuss!

We’ve got another article!

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2019/11/05/lego-reveals-two-new-chinese-new-year-sets-for-2020-that-combine-into-one-gigantic-festival-news/

Sounds like the Lion dance is the popular one. 

Can anyone tell what part that green 'cabbage' hair piece is? Because I didn't notice it at first, but it might just be exactly what I've been wanting all year for a MOC.

The Brick Fan - LEGO Officially Announces Two New Chinese New Year 2020 Sets

Celebrate the Chinese New Year with LEGO® Lion Dance and Traditional Temple Fair

Billund, 05 November 2019: Today, the LEGO Group revealed its 2020 Chinese New Year sets – Lion Dance and Chinese New Year Temple Fair. The launch follows on from this year’s popular sets: Dragon Boat Race, Dragon Dance and Chinese New Year’s Eve Dinner, the first LEGO® products created to mark the festivities.

The Lion Dance set vividly reproduces a well-loved scene of the Spring Festival and is sure to evoke fond memories of the traditional festival. The set features 5 beautifully decorated small lion figurines and a percussionists’ stage with an awesome drumming function. An accompanying temple gate is decorated with LEGO tiles featuring traditional patterns. The set also comes complete with 8 minifigures including lion dancers and a man in rat costume to mark the Year of the Rat. Additional accessory elements such as the red ‘best wishes’ scroll, red orb, cabbage, calligraphy brush and a rocket fireworkare included to inspire unlimited role-play.

The Chinese New Year Temple Fair set captures a beloved event often seen in towns and cities throughout China around the lunar new year. The set includes stalls displaying a vast, colourful array of LEGO versions of authentic items you would find at a Temple Fair. Everything from barbecue dishes to candy, toys, vases and dough figurines are lovingly re-created ion LEGO form. The set also includes 14 minifigures. Eagle-eyed LEGO fans will notice that the family from last year’s Chinese New Year’s Eve Dinner set make an appearance, continuing the story of their Spring Festival celebrations.

LEGO Product designer Markus Rollbühler, designed the sets to be as authentic as possible: “We were incredibly thorough with our research when designing the sets. For the Chinese New Year Temple Fair, we looked closely at the types of things vendors sell in the market stalls and all of the various goods on offer.” It was also important that children could act out scenes to make the sets come alive: “Both sets include amazing minifigures and details to encourage role play. The Lion Dance set comes with many interesting play features. For example, you can fully pose the lions and you can also open and close their mouths to help recreate the spectacular dances we all know and love.” Markus explains.

The two new LEGO® Chinese Traditional Festival models will be ready to discover in China and Asia Pacific markets from December 26, 2019 and the rest of the world from January 10, 2020.

80104-1.jpg?201911050919

80105-1.jpg?201911050919

These are just delightful :wub: Like its predecessors, the amount of interesting recolours is just amazing: red pumpkins, red scarves, white frogs, white bananas, gold sausage, unprinted BB-8 body piece, Parker’s hair-hat combo etc.

50 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Like its predecessors, the amount of interesting recolours is just amazing: red pumpkins, red scarves, white frogs, white bananas, gold sausage, unprinted BB-8 body piece, Parker’s hair-hat combo etc.

I'm most excited for the recolors of CMF Jay's scarf and Parker's beanie/braids combo in particular... :thumbup: :grin:

12 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

BTW, is this a new torso print? :shrug_confused:

Not new, but only used once, I recognized it from the 2018 Outdoor Adventures people pack : 

cty0921.png

These look fantastic!

I wonder if we'll get an Ox costume for 2021. Then Tiger for 2022

Edited by Robert8

31 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Looks great :thumbup:
22 frogs in one set must be a record *huh*

Yeah, looks like 3854 Frog Rush (with its 20 frogs) has been defrogged... I mean dethroned :purrr:

First, this reveal is a huge argument for not having leaks...because thus just sprang up out of nowhere & was quite exciting to see. As far as I know there wasn’t even a peep of these. 

These are fantastic! Everything about them is. The Lion Dance is the standout, that was always my favorite part of those celebrations. The details are great. That little drum toy that you spin in your hands is a nice accessory build & the new colors-White banana, red scarf & pumpkin- are also nice. 

Great sets! So many new recolours and I guess new prints, because some  (like the printed red 2x3 and teal 1x2 tile) are used in both sets. The tan stud with bar is also a great new addition

10 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Sounds like the Lion dance is the popular one. 

Can anyone tell what part that green 'cabbage' hair piece is? Because I didn't notice it at first, but it might just be exactly what I've been wanting all year for a MOC.

It loooooks like the ‘can I speak to your manager’ hairpiece in green, and on a pale green head.

So we're looking at £80/€85 for the Lion Dance. Bit pricey if I'm honest but will make the January shortlist.

3 hours ago, Vindicare said:

First, this reveal is a huge argument for not having leaks...because thus just sprang up out of nowhere & was quite exciting to see. As far as I know there wasn’t even a peep of these. 

These are fantastic! Everything about them is. The Lion Dance is the standout, that was always my favorite part of those celebrations. The details are great. That little drum toy that you spin in your hands is a nice accessory build & the new colors-White banana, red scarf & pumpkin- are also nice. 

Some minifigures leaked like the a week ago or so but yeah Im glad we didnt know about these until now. Great surprise.

Do you think the dragons have actual minifigures inside or just the legs

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Some minifigures leaked like the a week ago or so but yeah Im glad we didnt know about these until now. Great surprise.

Do you think the dragons have actual minifigures inside or just the legs

If you look closely it’s just fig legs.

4 hours ago, williejm said:

It loooooks like the ‘can I speak to your manager’ hairpiece in green, and on a pale green head.

The what hairpiece? I don’t know that, which set was it in? Do you have a part number?