Fenghuang0296

Chinese New Year’s Sets 2020 - Rumours and Discussion

These look great will have to pick them up next year when they come out.  Excellent designs and great recolors.  

7 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Do you think the dragons have actual minifigures inside or just the legs

It is just the legs. But from looking at it, they look like the same legs as the 3 characters in the middle have, the white, red and gold legs with the printed stripes on them. So you could easily order matching torsos from BnP to make them complete. 

Next year is the year of the rat and there is a rat mould and a rat(?) fig in the sets. I wonder if the next will include the cow mould and have a ox fig in it and so on :classic:

1. Rat
  2. Ox
  3. Tiger
  4. Rabbit
  5. Dragon
  6. Snake
  7. Horse
  8. Goat/Sheep
  9. Monkey
  10. Rooster
  11. Dog
  12. Pig

Thank you very much for this news, Feng-huang02961! :classic:

I agree that this was totally unexpected. But these sets look completely awesome! So many details and a lot of minifigures - that's how it should be! :wub:

I definately am going to buy these two sets.

Btw: Does this mean that Lego plans to release some China new year sets every year from now on? If so, what could be the next? Maybe a dragon dance (yes, there was already a set this year, but it was only for displaying and so not compatible with the dragon boat race, the Chinese house and now these two sets) with some sort of Chinese Wall or a small Asian castle?

I've seen some of the official images. I plan on getting some of those for the new street I'm putting in my town. It's called China Street. 

On 11/7/2019 at 1:32 PM, Roebuck said:
  1. Rat
  2. Ox
  3. Tiger
  4. Rabbit
  5. Dragon
  6. Snake
  7. Horse
  8. Goat/Sheep
  9. Monkey
  10. Rooster
  11. Dog
  12. Pig

I just thought about which costume moulds we already have:

1. Rat - in the 80104

2. Ox - Minotaur CMF 6

3. Tiger - Cat-mould from CMF 18?

4. Rabbit - CMF 7

5. Dragon - CMF 18

6. Snake - do the ninjago villains count?

7. Horse - mould from Unicorn Girl/Guy CMF 13/18

9. Monkey - CMF 3

10. Roster - CMF 9

12. Pig - 80102 / CMF 12

So there are not missing that many: a goat and a dog. So that is more than plausible if you ask me!

Would the Faun hairpiece work for a goat? Though it would look oddnet the more full head coverings the other figs use.

Lego set 40355: Year of the Rat / Mouse will be next years set similar to 40186: Year of the Pig from this year.  It may be a gift with purchase.  Some pics are available online.

Edited by kasmca

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 8:57 PM, julesvincent said:

I just thought about which costume moulds we already have:

1. Rat - in the 80104

2. Ox - Minotaur CMF 6

3. Tiger - Cat-mould from CMF 18?

4. Rabbit - CMF 7

5. Dragon - CMF 18

6. Snake - do the ninjago villains count?

7. Horse - mould from Unicorn Girl/Guy CMF 13/18

9. Monkey - CMF 3

10. Roster - CMF 9

12. Pig - 80102 / CMF 12

So there are not missing that many: a goat and a dog. So that is more than plausible if you ask me!

I think the moulded heads (Ninjago, Minotaurus) aren't exactly costumes. Same for Chima animals? if they do, we could count Anubis from Pharaos quest, too. It's off topic, but man, I'd love to get more egyptian gods ?

I could imagine an Orang-Uthan, a cow, a Snake, more than one type of dog, a chameleon, a kangaroo, a few tropical birds... i could go on and on :) i would say there could be even a horse. They are very, very popular and the mould we have has that hole for a horn. A donkey would be possible, too. A crocodile would be a neat figure, too, if it is done well with a large snout.

Edited by Gorilla94

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 11:34 PM, sunhuntin said:

Would the Faun hairpiece work for a goat? Though it would look oddnet the more full head coverings the other figs use.

Maybe if it is called "sheep" and goes in the direction of S14 Tiger Lady like many adult female Halloween costumes... I would prefer a cute version with full head covering 

It seems like these new ones are starting to be spotted out in the wild in some places. One Instagram post even indicated that they were at "the LEGO Store in Australia", but that wasn't much help as there are now more than one LEGO (Certified) Stores in Australia.

Anyone find them yet?

Not sure it's been mentioned, but AMAZINGLY, there's no stickers in either of these sets. I've built both and they contain printed parts only.

Just now, ChrisW said:

Not sure it's been mentioned, but AMAZINGLY, there's no stickers in either of these sets. I've built both and they contain printed parts only.

No wonder they're so expensive. 

Just now, pooda said:

More than happy to pay "extra" for printed parts over stickers that will eventually peel, or slide off my pieces, or drive me insane trying to perfectly apply.

2 hours ago, ChrisW said:

More than happy to pay "extra" for printed parts over stickers that will eventually peel, or slide off my pieces, or drive me insane trying to perfectly apply.

That never happens to me. I keep my stuff up. I also never have issues with applying stickers perfectly. But I get your point. 

2 hours ago, pooda said:

1600+ parts + 14 minifigs for €100 could have been €160 or even €200 if it were a licensed theme set, with stickers.

I know parts count isn't everything with all the small pieces, but I think the Temple Fair's price is more then "fair".

I see it costs $120 in US so fair point on being more expensive, but here in NL, we often get the bad pricing on Star Wars and Harry Potter especially.

Printed parts certainly don't inflate the price here on the Temple Fair set.

Edited by TeriXeri

Just now, TeriXeri said:

Printed parts certainly don't inflate the price here.

You don't live in the United States. Everything is pricey here and I don't just mean Lego.