Sign in to follow this  
baddon

Hello from NI, What other hobbies you all have?

Started collecting Lego Land as a very young kid, moved quickly to Technic, starting with the car chassis and then on through the Pneumatics. Lost interest  as I starter to get into RC (started collecting vintage Tamiya again 2 years ago)

then lost interest in RC when I started driving. Got married had kids and so restarted my love of Lego, with creator and then Techincs with my eldest son. 2nd son now also into Lego land, Ninjago, Monster Hunters and a few other of the more kids ones. He likes to build of instructions as well and is very creative.

The boys also were interested in my old RC stuff as I kept them all which lead to me having a renewed interest in the vintage Tamiya as well as a fleet of family bashers from Tamiya and Traxxas.

Both the good lady and I are/were into bikes and motorsport so we also have now 2 trikes (so we can all get out with 3 kids between us) and a Jetski for some water fun as well.

We enjoy getting away for the weekend so have both a trailer tent for the trikes and a caravan for normal weekends away. 

I am a MASSIVE believer in renewables and reusing/2nd hand. We have solar PV, a water heater that put most of the energy created to use and saves on oil. We also have a wood burner which uses timber which is a byproduct of my work. We buy a lot of 2nd hand (mostly for the economics and also for the green side of it) and use eBay & Gumtree a lot for stuff we want/need and also to resell stuff we no longer use.

So some photos:-

Eldest sons collection of Technic

2019-11-03_10-14-07

My collection of Vintage Tamiya (mostly 4WD) with every buggy 4WD from the HotShot through to the Terra Scorcher (spans a 4Year period) also 2 2WD that I wanted back in the day and 2 wheelie trucks. 3 of these are my own original buggies from way back in the day.

2019-11-03_05-17-20

Next up is our trikes, yellow is my good ladies and blue is mine. This is my 3rd trike and her 2nd.

19577208_10155416779732208_6684847221507161221_o

Our other form of motor hobby is this just refurbished Yamaha WaveBlaster 2, a mid 90's ski (just traded up from a Kawasaki X2 so the kids can join me on the water and also its great at towing toys so again more child involvement. The trailer was a nut and bolt refurb with mostly new components as it was falling apart.

2019-11-03_05-25-32

2019-11-03_05-25-57

Lastly is our 2 HOW's (house on wheels)

this was last weekend at a club rally (Caravan Club)

2019-11-03_05-26-57

when its warmer and we have no kids with us (or only two at most) we can use this 

trailer tents

Ours is the one on the right behind my trike over at a bike rally 2 years ago.

On 11/4/2019 at 11:26 PM, Reaper said:

Welcome to Eurobricks! You got some impressive hobbies there!

Thanks