Hi everyone, while working on my next MOC I've decided to start using Studio instead of LDD. I'm not a Studio expert yet and so far I've imported part of my MOC but I'm having problem at snapping a pneumatic small cylinder. On the left side you can see the interference between the peg connector and pneumatic part. While on the right side I can easily snap a pneumatic pump! Does anyone know or could please help me understand how to sort this out please? Also is there a way to extend/slide out the inner section of the pneumatic cylinder? 

TheItalianBrick

http://SUSPE-2.png

I have this issue sometimes as well. I handle it by clicking on the part that won't snap, hovering your mouse on the wrench icon and then clicking the 3 arrows Icon. Now you can move the part over it's 3 axes and move to the desired location.

7 minutes ago, T Lego said:

I have this issue sometimes as well. I handle it by clicking on the part that won't snap, hovering your mouse on the wrench icon and then clicking the 3 arrows Icon. Now you can move the part over it's 3 axes and move to the desired location.

Perfect, thanks a lot! And regarding the extension of the inner section of the pneumatic cylinder, can it be done? or is the part seen as just one object and can't be modified?

1 minute ago, TheItalianBrick said:

Perfect, thanks a lot! And regarding the extension of the inner section of the pneumatic cylinder, can it be done? or is the part seen as just one object and can't be modified?

Your welcome! Unfortunately pneumatic cylinders can not be extended, nor can for example shock absorbers.

2 minutes ago, T Lego said:

Your welcome! Unfortunately pneumatic cylinders can not be extended, nor can for example shock absorbers.

No worries! Thanks again. Also my understanding is you can only add pneumatic hoses using a different software, right? 

3 minutes ago, TheItalianBrick said:

Also my understanding is you can only add pneumatic hoses using a different software, right? 

You can add pneumatic hoses and bend them. If you sort on 'shapes' you can find category 'flexible'. They are listed there in all sorts of lenghts.

48 minutes ago, TheItalianBrick said:

44 minutes ago, T Lego said:

I think for the small shock absorbers you can do that in Studio by using the distinct shock absorber parts available. I haven't checked, but maybe there are also distinct parts available for the pneumatic cylinder?

59 minutes ago, T Lego said:

You can add pneumatic hoses and bend them. If you sort on 'shapes' you can find category 'flexible'. They are listed there in all sorts of lenghts.

You are a star, thanks again!

2 minutes ago, johnnym said:

I think for the small shock absorbers you can do that in Studio by using the distinct shock absorber parts available. I haven't checked, but maybe there are also distinct parts available for the pneumatic cylinder?

it doesn't show distinct parts unfortunately :(

1 hour ago, T Lego said:

Unfortunately pneumatic cylinders can not be extended, nor can for example shock absorbers.

Oh, they can. But first you will have to make them in Ldraw, then import to Stud.io.

I have generated these pumps in MLCad (you have to open specific .dat file in the MLCad), then imported to Stud.io for making a rendered image:

6Lpumps.jpg

Ldraw file:
https://bricksafe.com/files/M_longer/misc/pumps/6L pumps.ldr
Stud.io file:
https://bricksafe.com/files/M_longer/misc/pumps/6Lpumps.io

The most intriguing thing about stud.io is that it does recognize and use subparts for making a pump etc, but they can't be accesed trough stud.io's menu on the left.

Edited by M_longer

1 hour ago, M_longer said:

Oh, they can. But first you will have to make them in Ldraw, then import to Stud.io.

I have generated these pumps in MLCad (you have to open specific .dat file in the MLCad), then imported to Stud.io for making a rendered image:

6Lpumps.jpg

Ldraw file:
https://bricksafe.com/files/M_longer/misc/pumps/6L pumps.ldr
Stud.io file:
https://bricksafe.com/files/M_longer/misc/pumps/6Lpumps.io

The most intriguing thing about stud.io is that it does recognize and use subparts for making a pump etc, but they can't be accesed trough stud.io's menu on the left.

Great M_longer, thanks a lot!

1 hour ago, TheItalianBrick said:

Great M_longer, thanks a lot!

No problem, I have discovered that by accident :)

On 11/3/2019 at 2:31 PM, johnnym said:

This is correct, copy all the Ldraw files of the pneumatic cylinder in the correct Studio folder and they will show up under custom parts in Studio after a restart. From there you can move every part although time consuming.
I've done it in my pneumatic pump, in the Comments I described how.

Edited by Berthil

I'm trying to use Stud.io , but it stil has lot of bugs. Snapping is not correct, You can easaly place parts littlebit offset (maybe I can't find right settings to switch on), then rim won't snap to tire if it is flipped, tire also needs to be flipped, then it snaps.

Yes, LDD don't have some newest parts, also installing it on W10 correctly is littlebit tricky.

Hi everyone, is there any topic for studio general discussion?