Sign in to follow this  
Capt Wolf

[ESL-FB] Fort Janszen, Eslandola's first structure in the New Haven Sea

After months of exploring islands in the New Haven Sea, Eslandola’s expedition finally set foot on the island of Maldria. Initial exploration had identified a prime location for a settlement on the north side of the island, and preparations for a base for further exploration of the island were begun. Now, after much hard work by the ship crews and troops that made up the human capital of the expedition, a permanent base was established.

00full.jpg

01front.jpg

02angle.jpg

Even though the fort was done, work crews continued on other tasks, as a dock and other infrastructure was needed for the new settlement.

03gate.jpg

Ship gun crews and troop leaders worked to make sure the fort’s armament was ready.

04bastion1.jpg

05bastion2.jpg

Outside the fort, musketeers patrolled the perimeter, as the island was still a great unknown.

06patrol.jpg

Inside the fort, expedition leader Philip “Pip” Janszen discussed matters with somewhat-renowned explorer Thaddeus Calvo.

07coversation.jpg

Pip’s protestations aside, Calvo informed Pip that the men had already named the fort after their expedition leader. It was Fort Janszen. He was stuck with it.

----------------------

This is a part of my ongoing AMRCA exploring the New Haven Sea, but I’ve posted it separately for licensing purposes. All C&C welcome.

A really impressive design !

Well thought thoses wood textured bricks for the walls.

And thoses angles...

That's a large fort corner ! Should we await for the other parts soon ?

Excellent fort design !

I like those inclined wood walls !

And now, Eslandola has a foot on the New Haven Sea... :thumbup:

Glad to see we're now on Maldria. This is a wonderful fort! The walls look beautiful, especially with the added tiles. The wood plank tiles are also a really nice accent with the entire fort. The landscaping is very nice, and the angles are superb! Love it! :grin_wub:

Beautiful fort and clever design. I especially like the third pic; it really shows off the angles well. A complete layout like this would be fabulous. :thumbup:

i like the sloped walls, great use of wood bricks here, and I also like the tan bricks between the walls, to represent earth, adding to the realism of your build.

13 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

A really impressive design !

Well thought thoses wood textured bricks for the walls.

And thoses angles...

That's a large fort corner ! Should we await for the other parts soon ?

Thanks. I've wanted to do this for awhile. The angles were critical for the right look. And I used practically every log wall brick I have, so I'm afraid there's no more to come.

13 hours ago, Faladrin said:

Excellent fort design !

I like those inclined wood walls !

And now, Eslandola has a foot on the New Haven Sea... :thumbup:

Thanks!

12 hours ago, The Neighborhood Merchant said:

Glad to see we're now on Maldria. This is a wonderful fort! The walls look beautiful, especially with the added tiles. The wood plank tiles are also a really nice accent with the entire fort. The landscaping is very nice, and the angles are superb! Love it! :grin_wub:

Thanks. And yes, we're into the New Haven Sea! As for the tiles, I thought they were necessary to add some texture. And thanks for noticing the landscaping; I'm working hard to not have yards of solid green in my builds.

6 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

Beautiful fort and clever design. I especially like the third pic; it really shows off the angles well. A complete layout like this would be fabulous. :thumbup:

Thanks. Oddly, I found it hard to show off the angles in the pics. And I hadn't realized when I started, but I essentially built something that could be modular: four of these would fit together perfectly. But they'd barely fit on my kitchen table! It would be fun to assemble a whole fort for a show, though.

4 hours ago, Bodi said:

i like the sloped walls, great use of wood bricks here, and I also like the tan bricks between the walls, to represent earth, adding to the realism of your build.

Thanks, especially for noticing the tan tiles representing the earth fill. I was going for something very realistic. Getting everything to meet at the right height was tricky.

The angle on the walls of this for take the MOC to another level.  Nice flagpost too, simple design but looks realistic!

I often tend to think those log bricks are overused in most builds they show up in, but though you've got a ton here it looks fantastic!  Love the angles on this thing, Capt, and it definitely looks like it should be able to withstand just about anything thrown at it! :pir-grin:

Great job with those log bricks! they prove very effective here! What is especially nice is how you managed to use them in a inclined wall! :thumbup:

I really enjoy the overal view you give us of the Fort. It looks very solid, just like it should be :cannon:

On 11/4/2019 at 7:21 AM, Kai NRG said:

The angle on the walls of this for take the MOC to another level.  Nice flagpost too, simple design but looks realistic!

Thanks. Yep, the angles made this worth attempting. And the flagpole is based on a period illustration I saw.

On 11/4/2019 at 8:06 AM, LM71Blackbird said:

This one is so cool! I really like the wooden texturing and the angles make more than just a square box. If only there could be 3 more corners!

Thanks! And if only! Maybe for another fort, but not this one.

21 hours ago, Garmadon said:

I often tend to think those log bricks are overused in most builds they show up in, but though you've got a ton here it looks fantastic!  Love the angles on this thing, Capt

3 hours ago, Maxim I said:

Great job with those log bricks! they prove very effective here! What is especially nice is how you managed to use them in a inclined wall! :thumbup:

Thanks. I agree with the log bricks being overused most of the time, but thought they were the perfect piece here. I used the tiled supports to try to add further depth and not depend entirely on the log texture to help out.

21 hours ago, Garmadon said:

it definitely looks like it should be able to withstand just about anything thrown at it! :pir-grin:

3 hours ago, Maxim I said:

I really enjoy the overall view you give us of the Fort. It looks very solid, just like it should be :cannon:

Thanks! I definitely wanted to portray a realistic fort able to withstand a fight.