Sign in to follow this  
AnyColourYouLike

LEGO Digital Designer Flexnet License Finder Problems

Back in July this year I had some problems installing LEGO Digital Designer on my Windows 10. My computer just kept rejecting the installation. Fortunately, I found the solution, here on Eurobricks.

I did what this guy said:

And it worked! But everytime I opened LDD, it was displaying a message:

'FLEXnet License Finder -- Your application was not able to obtain a license because the FLEXnet license server manager could not determine where to find the licensing data it needs. Please choose one of the following:

Specify the License Server System

or Specify the License File'

I... uh... decided to ingore it, which wasn't the smartest move, because just a few weeks ago, I completly lost acces to all my builds. Basically, whenever I try to open any of my models, LDD shuts down (and it doesn't display that message anymore).

I have no idea how to fix it, so your help would be much appreciated. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them!  

Oh and more thing, as you can probably tell by this post, I'm not a 'tech guy' at all, so please avoid using 'advanced computer language' :) 

Thanks! 

Did you try uninstalling/reinstalling?

When it happens, the correct answer is “Specify the License File” and select RL278-1000.lic in “C:\Program Files (x86)\LEGO Company\LEGO Designer”.

It happened to me under Wine, made the same mistake you did  :grin:  The question is rarely asked.  I think, sometimes, it has trouble finding the file.  And it was way before the problems with Flash (which we don’t have with Wine), so it’s unrelated.

It shan’t.  It will only affect \Program Files, not \users.

Now, it’s always good practice to have regular backups (for user errors or big system failures) :wink:

3 hours ago, SylvainLS said:

When it happens, the correct answer is “Specify the License File” and select RL278-1000.lic in “C:\Program Files (x86)\LEGO Company\LEGO Designer”.

Alright, I've done this and it still doesn't wanna work. 

I guess I'll have to reinstall it. 

@SylvainLS

I've reinstalled LDD, selected RL278-1000.lic file and then another box poped up that read

'There is a problem with the license file for Vortex Toolkit.

No license was available to enable the feature : mcd.

Please contact support@vxism.com or vist http://www.vxism.com

Cannot allocate dynamic memory. (-40,0)'

This is starting to get on my nerves...

Edited by AnyColourYouLike