Oi, I've been busy. STILL working on updating my YOUTUBE Channel since.... May this year? Sitting on a litteral HOARD of lego Sets from the last two to five years I want to pull apart and review, and I've got Mocs out the Yin-Yang.

This is a recent one I made with the Systar System Party Crew set as a base (Music-Beard/Party-Time Metal Beard)

20191030_193416.jpg

I took the base model for Metalbeard, and pallette-swapped a lot of pieces until the good Captain was in his classic colors again. I took several creative liberties in his design, however I feel that i've hit a happy middle ground between making this an original creation I'm content with, as well as something that can be recognized as, "Oh hey, it's the Robot-Pirate from the LEGO Movie!"

20191030_193316.jpg

A feature I'm proud of including in this MOC is the right leg (The good one) having a functional joint in the knee. well, with the way the parts fit together, I'm pretty happy about that leg. Left leg/peg-leg has a special pin element on the side of it, that the new Grapple/Anchor piece, found in the latest Batman set (Batcycle Vs. Mr.Freeze) can easily attach to, to keep it out of the way when he's gallivanting about. 

20191030_192748.jpg

The back of the model. I took the most liberties here, building up the engine on the back. Since his last stint, Metalbeard has overhauled and upgraded his onboard engine. Four cylinders, five exhaust ports, lots of output!

20191030_192609.jpg

Metalbeard with Accessories. Sword clips into his good hand, and he cradles his cannon under his Hook-arm. Against his better judgement, he has a single black cylinder shot for the cannon rattling around loose in his chest O' Innards!

20191030_122918.jpg

The Captain, in all his glory!

Great (and weird) creation :classic:
I like it, and all those details looks really piraty like the 'wooden' leg, and ring on hid finger. And complete with parrot :thumbup:  Good choice of colors too, like the combination wood/metal.

9 minutes ago, neonic said:

Great (and weird) creation :classic:
I like it, and all those details looks really piraty like the 'wooden' leg, and ring on hid finger. And complete with parrot :thumbup:  Good choice of colors too, like the combination wood/metal.

Ah, thank ya! Metalbeard was a minor support character in the LEGO Movie, and because Pirate, he was my favorite character! I've got several other Mocs of him over here as well!