obijon

[MOC] MINIs from Resistance - 3 NEW Models - The Colossus, Guavian Scout Ship, First Order Tie Bomber

YELLOW ACE

Hello again everyone

Today I present the last of the Aces - the Yellow Ace. The Yellow Ace was a customized "Changeling" Mark 71NB piloted by Bo Keevil, who performed stunts and tricks while flying it. It was a complex ship to fly, and had wings that could shift into a variety of configurations which I have tried to incorporate in to this little model.

I am pleased with how this little model has turned out and again it's yellow colour adds a bit of colour to the collection.  I have made the moveable wings by using clip plates and bars and ball joints for the wing tips.  No earth shattering techniques on this one and like a lot of these racers has been built along a spine of bricks with studs on the sides.

I have had to paint the head on the custom minifigure but apart from that it is all original parts.  I think I will now take a break from Resistance.  I might revisit the Colossus and Jaeger's racer in the future but the return of the Clone Wars has made me revisit some of my old models and update those with newer pieces and also build some vehicles I had forgotten about.  There are also ships from Ep. IX to build too.......

Let me know what you think and stay safe.

Jon

yellowace1.jpegyellowace2.jpegyellowace3.jpegyellowace4.jpegyellowace5.jpegyellowace6.jpegyelowacedisplay.jpegbokeevil.jpeg

Edited by obijon

Cheers.  Shame they are not from a great series. :wink:  My son likes it anyway and it gave me some material to build from.

Edited by obijon

Hello again everyone

I have not given this Resistance thread much love recently - a bit like the series really - but I am now adding 3 new models to this page including the long overdue Colossus.  I am also working on a new smaller version of Vonreg's Tie and at some point I may also build Jaeger's Racer.  Whilst it was not a great series, there were some great ship designs.

THE COLOSSUS

The Colossus was an aircraft refueling station on the ocean planet Castilon in the Western Reaches of the Mid Rim. It turned out to also be a Hyperspace capable Starship.

This was one of those models which had the potential to become a lot larger in MINI scale than it actually turned out.   The trick of the model is that it is built along a spine of bricks with studs on sides and to attach the city centre these are then flipped so 3 hollow studs are showing to attach the command/city structure to the plates on the city structure.  It was quite an easy build once I worked out how to attach the top section:

img_3947.jpg

I wanted to be able to easily remove the "platform" as for most of the first series you do not see the majority of the ship as it is underwater. I think this turned out quite nicely.  I managed to get most of the engines on the model too - there are one or two missing at the top but to add all the engines would make the model too big.  The model looks bigger than it actually is on display as it is vertical.  I have also created a custom Captain Doza minifigure for this one.  Minifigures are not my speciality but he looks quite good.

Colossus1.JPGColossus2.JPGColossus3.JPGColossus4.JPGColossus55.JPGColossus6.JPGColossusDisplay.JPGCaptainDoza.JPG

GUAVIAN SCOUT SHIP

The Guavian Ship was model of starship that was used by the Guavian Death Gang during the war between the First Order and the Resistance.  This ship actually first appears in The Force Awakens in a blink and you miss it appearance on a black and white monitor on the Eravana when it docks, but appears in full colour in Resistance (and in the fleet at Exegol in Ep IX) and is another great visual from an otherwise bad series.

The only trick on this one is the angling of the plates from the main round body to get the angle nose so that is goes from 4 studs to 3 studs wide at the tip.  The gap is then filled in by using tiles and offset plates with the studs going in to the stud holes on the bottom of the tiles.  This can be seen in the underside view of the model.  It looks good on display as it adds colour.  It's always nice to have something other than grey!

Guavian1.JPGGuavian2.JPGGuavian3.JPGGuavian4.JPGGuavian5.JPGGuavian6.JPGGuavianDisplay.JPG

FIRST ORDER TIE BOMBER

Lastly another great design from the Series Finale - the First Order Tie Bomber.  Nothing really tricky technique wise on this one, just another variation on the many tie fighters I have built.  The panels slope outwards, as opposed to inwards on the Imperial Bomber and clip plates and handle plates have been used to achieve this.  A nice looking model on disply.

FirstOrderBomber1.JPGFirstOrderBomber2.JPGFirstOrderBomber3.JPGFirstOrderBomber4.JPGFirstOrderBomber5.JPGFirstOrderBomber6.JPGFirstOrderBomberDisplay.JPG

More new models soon.

Jon

Edited by obijon