obijon

[MOC] MINIs from Resistance - 3 NEW Models - The Colossus, Guavian Scout Ship, First Order Tie Bomber

NEW MODELS WILL APPEAR IN REPLIES BELOW 

Models included in this thread:

1. VONREG'S TIE
  2. BLACK ACE
  3. FIREBALL
  4. RED ACE
  5. BLUE ACE
  6. GREEN ACE
  7. YELLOW ACE
  8. COLOSSUS (NEW)
  9. GUAVIAN SCOUT SHIP (NEW)
  10. FIRST ORDER TIE BOMBER (NEW)

VONREG's TIE

Hello everyone

Whether you have watched Resistance or not or are a fan or not (I think I would be if Kaz was less annoying!) there are plenty of things from the series to build. :classic:

My first model from the series is Vonreg's tie: The TIE/ba Baron Space Superiority Interceptor also known as the TIE/ba interceptor or TIE Baron was a model of TIE interceptor deployed by the First Order. One ship was used by Major Elrik Vonreg during the cold war in his encounters with the New Republic and the Resistance.

It is very recognisable due to the amount of red! The hardest part to build was the panels. There needed to be a one plate gap between the upper and lower panels, two would have been too wide.  I solved this by using the new 1x1 handle pieces so I could attach the top and bottom panels to a central plate.  This also allowed the panels to be angled just enough.

The model is a little bigger than I would have liked but the shape of the panels dictated the rest of the model.  The colour scheme of the cockpit is also not quite right but not all the parts were available in red.  It does the job and having some red alongside the rest of the models makes a nice change. 

Anyway more resistance builds soon.

Let me know what you think.

Jon

vonregtie1.jpegvonregtie2.jpegvonregtie3.jpegvonregtie4.jpegvonregtie5.jpegvonregtie6.jpegvonregtiedisplay.jpeg

Edited by obijon

I think you’ve done a fantastic job! I’m making my way through the series and I think it has its moments but yes, there’s some annoying characters in there and it’s certainly no Rebels.

I love the microfighter and wouldn’t be too surprised if it didn’t turn up in a dual micro set against either the Fireball or a generic X-wing

Excellent use of parts. I really like how you recreated its distinct colour-scheme and the typical Interceptor-shape in such a small scale. Very inventive, very cute build! :classic:

BLACK ACE

Hello again everyone

After the success of the Razor Crest I am back now to the animated series, at least for now.

This week I present the Black Ace Tie Interceptor form the Aces Squadron in Star Wars Resistance flown by Griff Halloran an ex Imperial fighter pilot. 

This is supposed to be a modified Tie Interceptor but the reality is apart from the cockpit it looks nothing like it!  The long thin nose makes it incredibly difficult to build in this scale and keep it looking relatively accurate and in proportion.  I think I have done ok with the source material but I am not completely satisfied with it although i am not sure how else to build it!  The front section and wings were the issue and I have managed to use clip and handle plates to hold it all together.  I am happy with the cockpit and rear section.

Anyway enough waffle, let me know what you think.

Jon

PS.  time now to finish off the Fireball...........

blackace1.jpegblackace2.jpegblackace3.jpegblackace4.jpegblackace5.jpegblackacedisplay.jpeg

Edited by obijon

Tried the first episode but decided it was aimed too much for a younger audience. That said I quite liked the range of colours among the characters and ships - certainly vary from the usual SW palette!

I felt Lego maybe missed an opportunity to release a couple of different sets from the show- for example the Green Ace and Blue Ace (with Hype Fazon and Torra Doza respectively) would've stood out as a couple of cool and unique sets (and figs) within the SW theme imo.

Not sure how popular the sets have been, or whether Lego intends to release anymore from the show (???) but I'd like to put together a collection of the main characters alongside  some Mini builds - I'll start with these excellent versions, so thanks!

Any chance of the rest of Ace Squadron as Mini builds?

Thanks.  As I said The Fireball is on the way. As for the rest of the Aces it is certainly a possibility but I will need to work out how to do the minifigs......

Edited by obijon

More great minis, really well done! I still want to see the whole lot displayed together, I personally think tiny builds like yours look very good alone but great as a collection! I’ve just been playing catch up on your minis since Outrider, more great work but I especially love Han’s stolen speeder, very clever indeed.

Thanks again.  Yeah, I am fond of Han's Speeder as well but from memory it didn't get much love at the time.  Whether that be because of the movie it came from or the fact that the finished model does not really look like LEGO.......not everyone likes studless!

FIREBALL

Hi again everyone

As promised here is the Fireball!

I really like how this model turned out.  Its also very nice to have a bit of colour in the collection and not just grey for starships.  Speaking of colour the choice of yellow/orange and green was down to availablitiy of all the parts needed in that colour.  I think the green is too bright but not all the required pieces were available in sand green for example.

It is not that complicated of a build. For the most part it is built with bricks with studs on the side.  The nose/cockpit section is attached using a 1x1 brick with studs on 4 sides and a technic brick with a hole.  The wings I decided to keep simple after experimenting with multiple hinges to get the shape of the gull wings (down then up).  In the end i added some cheese slopes to give the illusion of the down bit.

The front is built using a headlight brick (which the plate with handles is attached to upside down) and a brick with studs on 4 sides.  There are a couple of bars through the middle as well.

As i said I really like how this looks and the dimensions (from source material) are pretty much spot on.

Anyway, let me know what you think.

Merry Christmas!

Jon

PS. Now to the Aces..........

fireball1.jpegfireball2.jpegfireball3.jpegfireball4.jpegfireball5.jpegfireball6.jpegfireballdisplay.jpeg

Edited by obijon
spelling

Your minis are always amazing, and this one is too, as well as the Razorcrest in the other thread! Resistance has some great ships, unique designs that still fit into Star Wars. If you are doing the Aces, can’t wait! Especially Red Ace! What about the Colossus itself? Not to add to the backlog, I just love seeing these minis!

Edited by Cyborgsaurus

Thanks again. It just so happens that Red Ace is the first of the remaining aces to be built so watch this space.........

RED ACE

Hi all

I hope everyone had a good Christmas and Happy New Year.

I finally managed to finish this little model of Red Ace from Resistance after I went back to work - I have my pieces delivered to work to stop my little monster getting his mitts on them! :-)

This is a simple little model built around a couple of 3L technic lift arms.  Nothing complicated in this build.  

The hardest part was the accompanying minifig.  I have painted the helmet slightly but apart from that all official parts but if anyone who has more knowledge of minifigs can think of better prieces to use please feel free to let me know.  

Cheers

Jon

redace1.jpegredace2.jpegredace3.jpegredace4.jpegredace5.jpegredacedisplay.jpegfreyafenris.jpeg

Edited by obijon

Great work with these! Red Ace and Fireball are particularly good, but are the quarter-circle tiles on the wing tips the correct way round?

I’m no good with minifigure parts but have recently been playing with the white boarders on leftover used sticker sheets, the glue goes soft (great for removal/repositioning) if you warm them with a hair drier and they warp slightly if you keep the heat on and get them a bit hotter. You may be able to cut a tiny white triangle and a square and get them to stick firmly and warp to the curves on the helmet. The triangle at least would definitely work, hold the sticker down with tweezers while you heat!

I can’t say I enjoyed what little I saw of the series, it didn’t compare to Rebels but then I haven’t given it much of a chance.

Cheers.  Ah one of the red quadrants (left wing is on the wrong way around). Well spotted!  The flat edge should be at the front but i have both on the same way.  

red_ace.jpg

With the minifigs I have been experimenting with clear stickers as I could not find adequate torsos for the Green and Blue Ace pilots but I like to use official parts where possible.

I have only watched the First Series and you are right Clone Wars and Rebels are far superior but my little boy enjoys Resistance.

Great job again! I like the studless look for most of the red and white areas, really captures the smoothness of those areas on the actual ship. Makes it look like a real racer! And the contrasting studs on the side of the dark grey section captures the greebled Star Wars look. 

Edited by Cyborgsaurus
Spelling

BLUE ACE

Hello again everyone

Continuing the theme of the Aces from Resistance this time its The Blue Ace.

The Blue Ace was a custom-built starship piloted by Torra Doza. It could hold an astromech droid and Doza used it in several races, missions and helped defending the Colossus several times. It was also present at the Battle of Exegol in Ep IX apparently in amongst that massive fleet Lando cobbled together in five minutes! 

The design is openly inspired by the sports prototype race car Porsche 917, from 1969, which enabled the German manufacturer to win the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1970 and 1971.  Not only in the design but also in the classic Gulf, blue and orange paint scheme.

This is quite a simple build.  It is built along a 2x8 plate with brackets on the side.  The hardest part about it was working out which parts to use in medium azure.  Not all the parts i wanted to use were available in this colour (the new Speed Champions Jaguar set helped a lot) so I had to make a few compromises (which in the end are hardly noticeable).  The end result is quite a striking little model and once again the resistance ships continue to add some colour to the collection.

I have also made a custom torra doza minifigure, part painted and partly with transfers.

2 Aces to go........

Jon

blueace1.jpegblueace2.jpegblueace3.jpegblueace4.jpegblueace5.jpegblueacedisplay.jpegtorradoza.jpeg

Edited by obijon

GREEN ACE

Hi again everyone

I am working my way through the Aces and this week it is the turn of the Green Ace and Hype Fazon.  The Green Ace was a modified G30 ship piloted by Hype Fazon. The racer's wings could shift angles for maximum maneuverability while flying and of course I have built this feature in to the little model.

Again this ship adds a bit of colour to the collection - this time green (obviosuly!).  Nothing too flashy with the build - it is built along 1x1 bricks with studson all sides and technic bricks.  It then shifts from 1 stud wide to 2 using a 1x2 technic brick.  I think this is quite a nice looking little model and again apparently this ship is in the large fleet at Exegol in Ep. IX.

I have also made a custom Hype Fazon minifigure using transparent stickers and i think this one is my best custom figure to date.

One Ace left - no prizes for guessing that one.

Let me know what you think of this one (and the others).

Jon

greenace1.jpeggreenace2.jpeggreenace3.jpeggreenace4.jpeggreenace5.jpeggreenace6.jpeggreenacedsiplay.jpeghypefazon.jpeg

Edited by obijon