Sign in to follow this  
Ecclesiastes

Wyrmfall

48982168716_2c44a4855f_b.jpg

Located at the foot of Mitgardia’s impenetrable mountain ranges lies Wyrmfall. This is Ekron Chorian's stronghold. It is a few hundred years old but hasn't seen that many battles because of its strategic location. Even the elementals from years back didn't stand a chance. One of the other reasons might by Ekron's pet dragons. Although not as big as the white Wyverns, these creatures are easily underestimated.

(Made as part of my Lug's "Snowy Castle Collab". So a perfect moment to extend my Mitgardia adventure a bit. Still mostly lurking:look:)

48981610808_6aa435759d_c.jpg

48981610438_ac3d2fa2a7_c.jpg

48982169376_a5f2904105_c.jpg

48982356877_d42334080c_c.jpg

48981611503_2af53917cd_c.jpg

48982357702_df1958d1d0_c.jpg

48981612358_35efe89d5b_c.jpg

48982358502_7ed0b61c7e_c.jpg

48981613098_ceb200df49_c.jpg

48982359412_322fa0e253_c.jpg

48981614073_2a38afa7eb_c.jpg

We always have interactive elements for the kids by putting remotes on the fences. These were my movements.(apologies for crappy quality..)

48981680558_a26c45de6b_c.jpg

Collab:

48981716426_a94e2575a8.jpg

48981906757_79417c1b5c.jpg

48981718666_88d3b8e3e1.jpg

48981718411_a1c1670ed2.jpg

48981160303_8f96e6e1c2.jpg

48981717481_02c93a543e.jpg

A wonderful and massive Mitgardian castle!  I very much like the varied layout, with lots of different roof heights and so on. The wood on top of the stone for the wall was a great choice too, and the icy moat really adds to the feel of the place.  Impressive work shaping the snow on top of the roofs, and always good to see that black nexo knight shield technique!  The rest of the collab also looks pretty amazing!

Wow, thats a big castle! Great colours, techniques, and minifigures! I also like the moving parts which are all very well done and the other castles are good too. :wub:

Excellent castle.  I like the color selection and the use of the Nexo knight shield pieces for the roofs.  There is nice texturing and the upside down 1x2 plates on top of the 1x2 plates is a nice touch.  The sheer cliff on the back of the castle is awesome, looks great.  Very nice trees and the snow looks very organic throughout the build.  The stream looks fantastic too.  All the figs look great, I really like the wolf pack waiting to attack.  The rest of the collab is amazing too.  That is one really tall tower.  The wall with the three towers and the dock out in front has some nice coloration and details to it.  I like the castle with the melted snow showing the grass around it, nice idea.  Everything looks like it works well together.  Great overall job by everyone involved.  

On 10/29/2019 at 10:54 PM, Kai NRG said:

always good to see that black nexo knight shield technique! 

Thanks all! I did recall seeing it in a moc, so it was the first thing I ordered for Lugbulk!:grin:

I'm speechless. This looks absolutely incredible!

It's awesome to see all these great potential additions to our beautiful and chilly Mitgardia. 
But Wyrmfall, specifically, is jaw-dropping. The roofs with black shields are fantastic. The tops of the towers with rounded slopes are really cool. All the snow is perfectly positioned. The vegetation, scarce but present, fits great. The whole castle design, with open areas (I imagine for the wyverns and dragons to fly around) are very unique. The wooden parts add color and texture, which is perfect. Specially the first ring, where the stables are, surrounded by wooden walls, is outstanding!

And it fills my frozen heart to see that floating yellow and green banner, proudly all over. 

Absolutely beautiful work, man. 
Very inspiring.
Skol!

Wow, this is impressive!  The mods need to frontpage this build!

I love the overall feel--it makes me cold looking at it!  The icy moat, the snow... the whole thing is wonderful.  I especially love your wedge plate technique for layering snow--I"ll have to use that!  The overhead lighting with shadows cast by the trees looks great, too.  I'm a big fan of functional (rather than vestigial) crenelations, which you have here in abundance.  The idea of a dragon stronghold with a large enough opening for a dragon to fly into is fantastic!  I don't think you could have made it realistically on smaller scale, so I'm glad you had the bricks to build this, but wow!  This is huge!  I like the guy sneaking around the side and the small doorway in the base of the cliffs, too.  All the detail with the snow and the trees is fantastic.  I'm glad to see the Mitgardian name attached, too--I love seeing some of these large convention builds with the tie-ins to the Guilds.  Awesome job, and thanks for sharing!

Such a massive fortress!!  I'm digging all those nexo-shield roofs, and the sheer rock sides and the use of those tooth pieces for little patches of snow everywhere are fantastic as well.  Love the fact that you were able to incorporate those moving features too - from my experience those are a lot harder than they look! 

Stop making me wish I hadn't left Mitgardia! :grin:

wow, this is indeed huge! But impressive huge! So many details to discover in the pictures, and I fear like most big builds, not all details are even photographed?

Anyway, gonna drool some more over my laptop searching for more details :moar:

It was great seeing this on LW! The mere size of the fortress is overwhelming. You manage to place tons of details in large scale mocs.

Amazing diorama Ecclesiastes, I really like the snow-layered roofs and the shield use...

I saw it on Legoworld Utrecht and it was splendid as usual.

I really liked the Chima Wolfpack hiding under the trees and the Gate with Harbor is great too.

Great work! Absolutely stunning!

I have to study in detail all the techniques used: the walls, the details of the castle houses, the trees, the river, the snow... 

Amazing.  Simply amazing.  Truly fantastic job.  Wish i could see it in person  :)

Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen! That thing is on fire! Man, that's how you come out of the shadows. Glad to see the old proverb still rings true: Big, Bigger, Marco!

Another stellar piece, Ecc, so much to feat the eyes on. The way the castle is built into/on top of/over is very enjoyable. The snowy landscaping is impressively frigid and bleak. One of the my favorites parts here is definitely the wooden palisades on top of the fore castle walls. No, I suspect any attackers would find this castle a real doozy. I can't imagine all the secrets tucked away in all those little nooks and crannies. Just wow, and to think this is just part of a larger collaborative (thanks for including those pics!). Such a thing must be seen in person to truly appreciate. Loving all the moving parts, has to be a big hit at public displays. Something I really need to incorporate more into my stuff. This has really inspired me to jump back into the fray here. Great to see you and your stuff again buddy!

My kids and I are just saying wow, amazing castle!

Just to understand how an expert builder work, do you have designed the whole castle in digital format or do you have build it day by day?

Another giant build for Mitgardia!  :wub:   Lots of cool architecture techniques here, Ecc.  As others have mentioned, the Nexo tiles as shingles work perfectly and the layered stories to the castle as the structure moves up/through the mountain allows for showcasing all of those tiles.

Always so much fun seeing your huge Mitgardian castles! There a couple unique things that I really appreciate in this one: first, how you did a combination stone wall with wood palisade around the bottom; second, the numerous structures built on arch and column combinations.
Your signature corner stonework looks fabulous as always, and as cool as the NK shield roofs are, I might like the way you did drifted snow over them with wedge plates even better.

The functions look super fun too!