Bregir

Adventure MRCA

Dear adventurers!

In this topic, please post a link to your adventure with a few comments when you are in need of gm input!

The court is aware that adventure MRCAs have been delayed several times. Part of this is due to the administrative work behind it, and to ease this, we are making a few adjustments. (I will be updating the official rules over the coming period)

Please ask any questions you may have in this thread.

A few comments:

• No more amrca forms
    You no longer need to fill in the amrca form - instead you simply post a link and a few comments in this topic, when GM input is needed.
  • Resources committed
    We will be more flexible in regards to the resources committed. Rather than locking them into the adventure, we now ask for a little self-regulation. So if you are using a ship to go from Weelond to the far south, don't use it for the tMRCA going somewhere else. (Same for troops, etc.) This also means there is no upkeep on aMRCA ships.
    If you wish to spend significant amounts of dbs, please specify in your beginning post that you are bringing them. However, we will be assuming that every expedition has brought a reasonable treasury along.
  • Travel by tMRCA (where possible)
    Instead of asking a GM to manage your travels from Terraversa to Nelissa, use the tMRCA. It has plenty of adventurous elements and risks that may take your adventure interesting places. (Of course, should you need to go outside the tMRCA map, the mode of transport is aMRCA)
  • GM input
    Remember, GMs are the only ones able to define outcomes with an impact to the game. Examples could be diplomacy with NPC nations, discovery, treasure, inciting a rebellion, island rumours, and similar. Normal rules of RP applies: If it impacts the game, and is not your own actions, you need GM input.
    Additionally, we will now rarely present you with different options. Instead, we will set the situation and any outcome of past actions. You are then free to set your own actions, rather than follow a defined set of options.
    We may also simply say that nothing of significance has happened, and you will have to continue your efforts.
  • Normal RP rules apply
    • You can only define your own actions
    • You cannot "powergame" (make your own actions unreasonably powerful)
    • You cannot "metagame" (use OOC information)
    • You cannot define NPC reactions
    • You cannot define results 

F.A.Q.

• When can I ask for GM input?
    At max once per turn. (As defined by tMRCA turns)
  • I don't have an official aMRCA, but my story is at a point where I need GM input...
    Ask for GM input. You no longer need to have an "official" aMRCA going, to have your adventure get some GM input.

An unexpected change for sure, but one that I think will make the game run smoother overall. I guess it also makes the process easier for all of us - well done! :thumbup:

My main AMRCA is still the "Northbound" storyline, with the OP also being the index. The latest story progression is here, with the latest GM input shortly after it.

There is a continuation coming in shortly, I promise. :innocent:

@Bregir Thanks for the update! I am excited for these new changes. :classic:

Question: For my AMCRA, do I still use the last GM turn, or do I continue in my own direction?

5 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Question: For my AMCRA, do I still use the last GM turn, or do I continue in my own direction?

I see no reason to discount the work already done. That is not to say you can't continue in your own direction, but you certainly have to take into consideration the latest gm input. (Even if you don't take one of the proffered options)

I think the current AMRCA by @Mesabi is one of those cases where a bit more GM involvement is needed here and there - with that whole internal affairs of other countries and possible diplomacy issues and stuff. Not to speak of the (un)intended civil war it might spark... :pir-grin:

As for myself: I hope no longer having to wait for anything other than my own motivation will get things back on track. I'm somewhat optimistic. :pir-classic:

Thanks for this. I think we all appreciate the hard work done by the AMRCA committee. Perhaps this system will make it easier for AMRCAs to function smoothly.

Hi @Bregir I would like to ask for a GM-input in an adventure, which I started on the Rock on my own, but I have run out of ideas. 

Episode 1 - Episode 2 - Episode 3 

9 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

I think we all appreciate the hard work done by the AMRCA committee.

This is a fact! Very good work.

Great work on the new rules update @Bregir !

I am quite stuck with my story now and would like to use a GM intervention to close my old AMRCA :

Thank you !

@Bregir The next steps in the Terraversian situation/Ricketts have much to do with NPC reactions and the success of his story; I think this warrants GM input.

Hi guys! I don’t properly need a GM input, but for the next part I’ll need a player from Corrington to shape better the dialogue and the customs of the inhabitants of Tam. Here you can find the beginning of the story:

12 hours ago, Keymonus said:

Hi guys! I don’t properly need a GM input, but for the next part I’ll need a player from Corrington to shape better the dialogue and the customs of the inhabitants of Tam. Here you can find the beginning of the story

Personally, I've always taken the Isle of Tam to be Corrington's analogue to Ireland. however, from what little players have done with the island (mostly a few 1 off characters) I've seen a bit of a Scottish and Irish Influence.

From what little actual Lore Exists:

Spoiler

541AE - 590AE The Forty-Nine Years War - Started over a personal insult to the King of Corrington, the Corish invasion fleet took over Belondia, a traditional ally of both Eslandola and Oleon. Eslandola stayed neutral during the war, but supported Belondia rebels. Oleon and its island allies, Peppin, Myrph, and the Isle of Tam attacked Corrington. However, King Arlin I had planned for this and had a large force of Northern Corlanders on the border with Oleon. For most of the war almost every battle was fought within Oleon, destroying much of the countryside in the Northern most parts of the country. Without Eslandola to worry about, the Corish invasion fleet left Belondia under a skeleton garrison and sacked Peppin (which had technically been a province of Corrington, and was in rebellion) and Myrph by 557AE. In 589 the Isle of Tam fell to Corrington. The next year Oleon and Corrington signed “Arlin’s Pact” which stated that Oleon and Corrington would never fight again as long as Arlin lived. Arlin was assassinated in 600AE.

But I'd say my personal opinion is technically non-canon.

On 8/10/2020 at 8:58 AM, Mesabi said:

Personally, I've always taken the Isle of Tam to be Corrington's analogue to Ireland. however, from what little players have done with the island (mostly a few 1 off characters) I've seen a bit of a Scottish and Irish Influence.

From what little actual Lore Exists:

Reveal hidden contents

541AE - 590AE The Forty-Nine Years War - Started over a personal insult to the King of Corrington, the Corish invasion fleet took over Belondia, a traditional ally of both Eslandola and Oleon. Eslandola stayed neutral during the war, but supported Belondia rebels. Oleon and its island allies, Peppin, Myrph, and the Isle of Tam attacked Corrington. However, King Arlin I had planned for this and had a large force of Northern Corlanders on the border with Oleon. For most of the war almost every battle was fought within Oleon, destroying much of the countryside in the Northern most parts of the country. Without Eslandola to worry about, the Corish invasion fleet left Belondia under a skeleton garrison and sacked Peppin (which had technically been a province of Corrington, and was in rebellion) and Myrph by 557AE. In 589 the Isle of Tam fell to Corrington. The next year Oleon and Corrington signed “Arlin’s Pact” which stated that Oleon and Corrington would never fight again as long as Arlin lived. Arlin was assassinated in 600AE.

But I'd say my personal opinion is technically non-canon.

Thanks for the suggestions! I imagined it more Scotland-based, but adding a little of Ireland should work perfectly!

BTW, welcome back! I hope the situation is better for you now, and to see Count Mesabi bringing back some chaos to the brick seas!

Maxim I / Trador AMRCA - Origins:

i would like to end the Trador part. Only one ship continues, the other 2 are out of AMRCA. Given the time between the previous part and this part, I think I could say the two ships arrived safely at Trador :)

The Maxim I part still needs to be build, but will be continued when finding time/inspiration/motivation/...

----------

MAESTRO AMRCA

Finally made some time to continue this one :)