Sign in to follow this  
The Brick Boss

JANGBRICKS' 2019 Christmas Catalog Review

Jang! <<<Bad pun there. This catalog has almost everything that was made for 2019.

I have a mini challenge for you. Try to guess where i got triggered. 

Edited by pooda

They used the Burger Bar picture for the $9.99 4+ Fire set :blush: (page 11)

Edited by TeriXeri

11 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

They used the Burger Bar picture for the $9.99 4+ Fire set :blush: (page 11)

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!

Yeah. I'm surprised they didn't realize that mistake. 

Edited by pooda

24 minutes ago, Maple said:

You weren't triggered at the simple sight of police sets? :laugh:

Surprisingly no.

I actually laughed when Jang said that he doesn't believe it did well given that he's the first one on YouTube to defend the extra police sets. Though he did say that the patrol car was the exception. 

Then again, he is pretty trustworthy and that could also be why next year's police sets are only 6 and most of them seem average. But I am curious to see how they'll look. 

Especially the police station. I hope that one is small but simple like the fire station. 

Next year there are only 6 Police sets because the focus will be on Fire. Just like this year had 5-6 Fire sets and more police. It's how LEGO does things. Even if Sky Police failed the 2020 sets were already designed and will be released.

Jang doesn't have any inside knowledge, he's just guessing. Police sells and LEGO makes money, that's also why he defends the Police sets.

It's a pretty big mistake with the wrong photo, like no one looked at that and saw the same set twice?

43 minutes ago, Maple said:

Next year there are only 6 Police sets because the focus will be on Fire. 

THIS year's focus was on fire. Sky Police was just a stupid side business. Or should I say....trashy? Next year in 2020, we're just getting two extra fire sets - which I don't mind. Police is the subject for 2020. 

Edited by pooda

What surprises me about the catalog is the fact that there are no TLM2 sets in it, despite the characters prominently featured on the front cover.  I wonder if that says anything about the performance of the TLM2 line.

On 10/29/2019 at 7:20 AM, icm said:

What surprises me about the catalog is the fact that there are no TLM2 sets in it, despite the characters prominently featured on the front cover.  I wonder if that says anything about the performance of the TLM2 line.

The LM2 line is pretty much done I thought?  Already on sale in official LEGO stores is pretty much a done deal.  Based on the "unofficial" 2019 retiring set list, LEGO is moving on from them.  More than likely due to lack of sales.

On 10/29/2019 at 3:20 PM, icm said:

Even the last wave of TLM2 sets been on sale on LEGO.com and didn't even make it to regular retailers outside of Amazon (in my region)

Also sets being out of stock , likely due to not being produced much anymore.

Edited by TeriXeri

Jang's video production has taken a serious downturn, not making as many videos.  Also hardly anything on his custom city.  Hope he get back to his previous form.  

I just checked his blog where he explains the downtime. It's really is a period of the year when all sets are reviewed but nothing has been officially announced (except for the Batmobile) and I think he is working on his city + doing some commission work.