Kai NRG

Summer Picnics

Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III (you are here)
Chapter IV

Summer%20Picnics%20%282%29%20%281280x1077%29.jpg

There is a tide in the affairs of crustaceans, which, if not taken at its height, ebbs relentlessly, without remorse, and casts them at last beyond hope of rescue from the plate into the bosom of some voracious eater.

Some two years ago this tide visited the shores of Nova Crablandia, throwing into the claws of the crustaceans the incomparable good fortune of being under the immediate protection of the Eslandian crown and the ever-faithful Captain Argentum.  But, unfortunately, this tide was not taken at its height.  True, by the good offices of willing Eslandian hands a small fort was immediately built out of sand, equipped with grapes, and manned by saber-wielding lobsters, but when Captain Argentum was obliged to leave the island and allow the Crablandian's neutrality to rest in the hungry hands of the Corries, the obvious necessity for further fortifications, escape routes, or even an evacuation to some more secluded place was not acted upon.  There was some sporadic initial activity, but the crustaceans were lulled all too soon into a false security, a security that this summer's picnics have drowned forever.

Summer%20Picnics%20%281%29%20%281280x1218%29.jpg

Yet hope is beginning to revive again.  Sightings of a green feather waving in the breeze off the coast have caused the crustaceans of Nova Crablandia to… but that is for Chapter IV.

Summer%20Picnics%20%283%29%20%281280x1248%29.jpg

Summer%20Picnics%20%284%29%20%281280x1164%29.jpg

Summer%20Picnics%20%285%29%20%281202x1280%29.jpg

Yay for using my new lobster!  :pir-grin:  Enjoyed building a good ol' fashioned beach scene.  C&C welcome!

Edited by Kai NRG

Nice beach scene. At first glance, I thought the lady was sitting in a pool.*oh2* 

Who doesn't like a good lobster? :moar: Pleasant little scene (well, except for the seafood-to-be!) The variety of animals is nice - pity TLG is so stingy with 'em - and I especially like the custom crab on the right. Where is the man's head from?

Thanks for all the comments! :pir-classic:

On 10/27/2019 at 11:41 PM, The Sarge said:

Love the build, and the bunch of grapes in particular is very NPU!  I may have to steal that :pir-wink:

Feel free!  I got (most of it) from the Heartlake City Restaurant.

4 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

Who doesn't like a good lobster? :moar: Pleasant little scene (well, except for the seafood-to-be!) The variety of animals is nice - pity TLG is so stingy with 'em - and I especially like the custom crab on the right. Where is the man's head from?

The head is from Rex Dangervest (The LEGO Movie 2).  I think it's from the CMF version.  Yeah, LEGO animals can get pretty pricey!

Good looking build and funny story. Most of all, it had me rereading the nova crablandia and Malto peace talks, which (minus the unfortunate OOC drama) was a very interesting situation! (And great fun to play out with the many people involved) :pir-wink:

Lovely build and hilarious story; can't wait to see where you take this! :grin:  And very nice collection of seafood and suchlike too, you've definitely got me beat hollow :laugh:

15 hours ago, Bregir said:

Good looking build and funny story. Most of all, it had me rereading the nova crablandia and Malto peace talks, which (minus the unfortunate OOC drama) was a very interesting situation! (And great fun to play out with the many people involved) :pir-wink:

Aw well it was supposed to have you reading Julius Caesar but we'll settle for the Malto Peace Talks... :pir_tong2: just kidding!  I made it an excuse to go back over some of that stuff myself... :pir-grin: Thank you!

1 hour ago, Garmadon said:

Lovely build and hilarious story; can't wait to see where you take this! :grin:  And very nice collection of seafood and suchlike too, you've definitely got me beat hollow :laugh:

Thanks Garmadon!  Hope the next chapter won't disappoint. :pir-wink:

Oh and: need LEGO shrimp!! :pir_laugh2:

Actually, I guess there were some brick-built shrimp in the Wrecked Shrimp Boat set... hmm, may have to build a few of those for my next scene...