Murdoch17

Classic western rural train depot "Legoredo" - (finished 12-16-19)

I originally got this basic model from a page on Bricksafe by user @sed6 as seen here. I revised the freight door to be movable, changed the roof color to dark red from black, building color to sand green from tan, plus I added a "cast iron" heating stove and it's chimney flue to the model for late-1800's period look. This station will go along with my western stuff on my layout as seen in this topic here.

49229456142_3761fd5c60_z.jpg

The platform side of the station. There is plenty of outside seating on both the left and right sides, yet they are still under the roof awning to be protected from rain. (three seats per side)

49229456172_22c6825595_z.jpg

The model features the separate entry doors to the station premises for cargo and people on the both the street and track sides.

49229456182_b2e397984e_z.jpg

Inside we have the freight area (on the left) and the passenger area (on the right) with a  connecting door between the two. The passenger section also has the heating stove which currently is keeping the coffee hot. (or is it boiling the water for tea?) This part of the station also has three inside seats for weary passengers and a cash register for ticket dispensing.

49229456207_266e555861_z.jpg

The station is modular, and comes apart in four sections:
- Left platform end
- Right platform end
- Station roof
- Station building

I was originally going to build the Disney station in blue, but the projected price was out of my budget, so I settled for this one.  This is is just as good, if not better, because everybody's got a Disney station now, but nobody but @sed6 has one of these custom depots. (and mine is different from his to boot!)

- Real life pictures to come: December 25th, 2019.-

Real life pictures added, 12-16-19!

Thanks for stopping by, and if anyone needs bigger versions of these pictures, they are view-able at my flickr feed.

Comments, questions, and suggestions welcome!

Edited by Murdoch17

This looks promising ... The only qualm I have is the freight doors should be taller than the standard lego sliding door

Looks good, I like the new colors and the sliding doors. A build deadline? Christmas Day no less? Sounds like you're serious about getting this one built!

On 10/24/2019 at 1:56 AM, Roadmonkeytj said:

This looks promising ... The only qualm I have is the freight doors should be taller than the standard lego sliding door

Thanks you @Roadmonkeytj! The standard sliding door was used because it was sturdy enough to move versus a brick-built door, and the chimney flue would be in the way if it was much wider than it already is. 

On 10/24/2019 at 7:58 AM, sed6 said:

Looks good, I like the new colors and the sliding doors. A build deadline? Christmas Day no less? Sounds like you're serious about getting this one built!

Thanks for creating the original model @sed6! It looks like this one got done with plenty of time to spare, as I just uploaded the updated real world pictures to the first post!

49229456142_3761fd5c60_z.jpg