Sign in to follow this  
Pistash

[MOC] Besançon Citadel (Vauban) Microscale

Quite a long time I didn't post on Eurobricks forum. I come back today with a build I have done with my friend Fox for the citadel of Besançon in France.

One of Vauban’s masterpieces registered as a UNESCO world heritage site, remarkable example of the 17th century military architecture covering nearly 12 hectares, the Citadel of Besançon is considered one of the most beautiful fortress in France.
Follow the link for more info : http://www.citadelle.com/en/

I'm very proud about this one as the citadel of Besançon was on my "To do list" but also on my "How to list"... it is with a lot of relief and complicated angles.

You can check other members of Lug'Est Vauban's realisations : Lug'Est galery  you will see Domino39, Castor Troy MOCs

48948726863_fd5f588a5e_c.jpg

48949463767_7a95024263_c.jpg

48948724448_3f862b1706_c.jpg

La-Citadelle-de-Besancon.jpg

Enjoy !

Edited by Pistash

I'm not into the microscale, more of a classic 1980's castle fan, but man, this is clever build! Liked!

This is great microscale, and could be further improved once the new double 1x1 cheese slope

35464.jpg

becomes available in red for the roofs.

The first image is a real optical illusion. It looks like it is on a hidden slope underneath when in reality the base is flat.

Wooow!

Amazing work, man! It looks like it's floating! Wooow.

And very accurate to the actual aerial photography.

Very impressive build. 

Very impressive rounded slopes collection. 

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 6:04 PM, Aine said:

I'm not into the microscale, more of a classic 1980's castle fan, but man, this is clever build! Liked!

Thank you Aine ;)

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 7:22 PM, MAB said:

This is great microscale, and could be further improved once the new double 1x1 cheese slope

35464.jpg

becomes available in red for the roofs.

The first image is a real optical illusion. It looks like it is on a hidden slope underneath when in reality the base is flat.

Yes for sure these new part will be an improvement for a lot of roof microscale build, as always we now will wait this parts will be in one official set to have it :)

3 hours ago, Louis of Nutwood said:

Wooow!

Amazing work, man! It looks like it's floating! Wooow.

And very accurate to the actual aerial photography.

Very impressive build. 

Very impressive rounded slopes collection. 

Ah ah thanks you, curved slopes are my favorite parts, it is very interesting for texturing and making robust finitions :)

For the optical / floating aspect, it is due to post treatment of the picture with photoshop, I wanted a full white background but maybe I'd better keeping some shadows, because in fact we are loosing a little bit the horizontal reference here ;)