Sign in to follow this  
Capt Wolf

[ESL-FB] Organizing the Militia

Word skittered through Fuerte Unido that an adventure opportunity was on hand. Willem Guilder, director of the Merchants Colonial Trading Company, had been meeting with two ship captains that had reportedly returned from the New Haven Sea. Now the call had gone out for volunteers to join the MCTC militia as an expedition was forming.

Militias tend to get a bad reputation for being of lesser quality than faction troops. As fighting men, the Eslandian militias can stand with anyone. But, if you're looking for rows of men in gleaming green uniforms marching in unison through the town square, then you've come to the wrong place.

1wave.jpg

The men that assembled on the quay, ready to embark on adventure, were an unorganized assortment. Some were experienced veterans, others were new recruits; some wore helmets, others wore hats; some had full gear, some had barely a musket; some focused on the task at hand, while others were more concerned with the lovely ladies of Fuerte Unido.

2wave2.jpg

Sergeant de la Rosa was amazed that one of his new recruits didn't fall backwards into the bay! But he finally got their attention and somewhat organized.

3close.jpg

He would have his work cut out for him. when they reached their destination.

A couple more views of the scene:

Spoiler

4front.jpg  xfull.jpg

--------------

OOC: A small (and quick) build for the purpose of raising a company of troops in Fuerte Unido, destined for a new settlement in the New Haven Sea. All C&C welcome.

I like the houses, got some inspirations for the Weelond festival, nice minifigs posing too.

haha, that lady looking through the window! Didn't see it the first time *huh*

Great MOC, very clean and solid. It looks like everything comes together like it should.

:laugh: Nice little build, Capt, love the use of those large stone parts on the quay!  Very nice posing as well! :pir-laugh:

On 10/23/2019 at 6:54 PM, Bodi said:

I like the houses, got some inspirations for the Weelond festival, nice minifigs posing too.

Thanks. Glad to help. :pir-grin:

On 10/24/2019 at 7:34 AM, Maxim I said:

haha, that lady looking through the window! Didn't see it the first time *huh*

Great MOC, very clean and solid. It looks like everything comes together like it should.

Thanks. And the lady was a late addition. I realized the background needed some life.

On 10/24/2019 at 7:16 PM, Garmadon said:

:laugh: Nice little build, Capt, love the use of those large stone parts on the quay!  Very nice posing as well! :pir-laugh:

Thanks. I've been meaning to use those wall pieces for awhile. And the posing was very hit-or-miss. I put them through a lot of different poses and pulled the photos that worked best.

On 11/2/2019 at 10:21 AM, Fraunces said:

I like this one also! Good looking quayside

Thank you! I'd had the scene in mind for awhile.