dr_spock

GTA Train Show

We were recently at the Greater Toronto Train Show. We brought along some LEGO® to a model train show.

show1.jpg

show2.jpg

show3.jpg

show4.jpg

show5.jpg

show7.jpg

show6.jpg

It was really fun to be able to run trains since we don't have space for layouts at home. :classic:

That's a great layout, some excellent landscaping and scenes!

Do you have any automation running or just controlling everything manually?

Grazie a tutti. Thanks everyone.

On 10/23/2019 at 1:10 PM, Nivst said:

That's a great layout, some excellent landscaping and scenes!

Do you have any automation running or just controlling everything manually?

We were controlling everything manually.  There were the multiple collisions and trains flying off the 90 deg. curves when we got busy answering the visitors questions.

We are planning to use Powered UP hubs, color sensors, etc. to control things next year. 

52 minutes ago, dr_spock said:

Grazie a tutti. Thanks everyone.

We were controlling everything manually.  There were the multiple collisions and trains flying off the 90 deg. curves when we got busy answering the visitors questions.

We are planning to use Powered UP hubs, color sensors, etc. to control things next year. 

I'm sure others will confirm that it's not a good show without a train crash or 2 ?

On 11/3/2019 at 1:42 PM, Nivst said:

I'm sure others will confirm that it's not a good show without a train crash or 2 ?

2 that happens the first run out ... Lol. The public does love some epic brick smashing or too fast in curves crashes lol.

@dr_spock looks like a swell layout ... Ive seen photos of your lugs turntable in backgrounds is there a build thread somewhere? 

Also the crops look really good around the turbines but you should have added maintenence roads to them and a service van lol.

Do you have any individual pictures that show the lumber yard better?

show2.jpg

You should drug test this engineer. Lol

I have a functional end of line buffer that I use for my interactive train yard ... It holds up to some abuse (up to 70% throttle) and actually stops trains.  It does blow out at full speed though ... If your interested I can share it.