Sign in to follow this  
Batbrick

The Dark Knight versus the Strawman

indexed.gif

Hello folks! Some of you may remember all that way back to my previous Batman Castlefied vig, Here.

Now is a new one I've cooked up, The Dark Knight versus the Strawman!

p1220847.jpg

After the brewer of fear escaped from Arkham Dungeon, The Dark Knight set out to hunt him down:

p1220852.jpg

Following a trail into the wheatfields, he finds some Jack'O'Lanterns containing the Strawman's fear witchcraft:

p1220854.jpg

As the night is dark, the evil Strawman prepares to strike the Dark Knight with his scythe!

p1220856.jpg

Will the Dark Knight remain triumphant?

p1220858.jpg

Comments appreciated, especially on my using tan log pieces for wheat fields :classic:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Great job Batbrick, yet again you have transmogrified Batman villains into their medieval counterparts! :laugh: I love how you've done The Scare- er, Strawman, with his fort of hay! :laugh: Too bad the Dark Knight didn't bring a flaming torch. :grin:

~Peace

Am I missing why this is History?

Awesome vig! I love it! :grin:

Was this during the World War II era?

Edit: Oh, it's castlefied, clever. never mind... :blush:

Great vig, Batbrick :laugh:

Great medievalisation of the Batman characters, the bat helmet is perfect :sweet: And the tan logs work very well as wheat fields. I'm not so sure about the part on which the pumpkins are lying though - is that wheat as well? Nevertheless, great action poses, and the rat is a nice addtion.

Nice work, I hope to see more of these great Bat-Castle vigs :wub:

Great work! The tan log pieces work well for the wheat field and give a nice vertical look to the overall vig, just like real wheat would. The switching of the scarecrows wizards hat to the straw mans other cap is well done. What about a line up of you medievil batman minifigs before castle month ends?

Great, as always! ) :classic::thumbup:

No more, no less.... I just love the Strawman and those nice evil pumpkins.... ) :devil:

I really don't know what else to say here.... Just pure positiv emotions..... ) :laugh:

Good day, gentlemen! ) :sweet:

Batbrick, another nice creation of yours! This time it looks like Scarecrow. Haha, this is a very nice sequel! :sweet:

Pretty cool.... hmm, the Arkham Dungeon.... now that´s something I would love to see too.... :blush:

Thanks everyone!

Great job Batbrick, yet again you have transmogrified Batman villains into their medieval counterparts! :laugh: I love how you've done The Scare- er, Strawman, with his fort of hay! :laugh: Too bad the Dark Knight didn't bring a flaming torch. :grin:

~Peace

Thanks iamded! I was actually going to give him a flaming torch at first but decided against it when I realised he might kill him, when Batma- er, The Dark Knight doesn't kill :wink:

Am I missing why this is History?

Awesome vig! I love it! :grin:

Was this during the World War II era?

Edit: Oh, it's castlefied, clever. never mind... :blush:

:laugh: , now that's just funny! Thanks....I think....

Great vig, Batbrick :laugh:

Great medievalisation of the Batman characters, the bat helmet is perfect :sweet: And the tan logs work very well as wheat fields. I'm not so sure about the part on which the pumpkins are lying though - is that wheat as well? Nevertheless, great action poses, and the rat is a nice addtion.

Nice work, I hope to see more of these great Bat-Castle vigs :wub:

Much appreciated TinyPiesRUs, I'm glad you like it. I'm very happy that the tan logs worked too. The part out front is supposed to be wheat, in retrospect I should've just put a small dirt line or gate there :blush:

And I hope to make more!

Great work! The tan log pieces work well for the wheat field and give a nice vertical look to the overall vig, just like real wheat would. The switching of the scarecrows wizards hat to the straw mans other cap is well done. What about a line up of you medievil batman minifigs before castle month ends?

Thanks The Bricksmith, again, I'm happy the log pieces work. I do plan to make more Bat-Castle moc, but I doubt they'll all be in by Castle Month end :laugh:

Great, as always! ) :classic::thumbup:

No more, no less.... I just love the Strawman and those nice evil pumpkins.... ) :devil:

I really don't know what else to say here.... Just pure positiv emotions..... ) :laugh:

Good day, gentlemen! ) :sweet:

Thanks The Penguin for commenting, glad you like it.

Batbrick, another nice creation of yours! This time it looks like Scarecrow. Haha, this is a very nice sequel! :sweet:

Thanks Whitefang, I'm glad you liked the original too.

Pretty cool.... hmm, the Arkham Dungeon.... now that´s something I would love to see too.... :blush:

:laugh: , I think I might just keep it restricted to vigs this time!

Ahh... damn. I was planning to do something like this, slowly retalling the Bat-mythos in Castle style. Once again, AFOLs thinking alike, huh?

Anyway, a cool vig there Batty (look, you said you liked it, don't complain now), and worthy of an Elseworlds moniker I think.

Even if you did steal the idea right out of my head! :laugh:

Nice vig Batbrick, another great Batman Dark Knight tale put into Lego. I love the way you did the wheat! :thumbup: Isn't it convenient there was a barrel out there for the Strawman to jump off. :tongue: The pumpkins add a very scary atmosphere too, could this be the Dark Knights final outing? :oh3: (*insert creepy dramatic organ music*)

Once again, great work! :sweet:

Ahh... damn. I was planning to do something like this, slowly retalling the Bat-mythos in Castle style. Once again, AFOLs thinking alike, huh?

Anyway, a cool vig there Batty (look, you said you liked it, don't complain now), and worthy of an Elseworlds moniker I think.

Even if you did steal the idea right out of my head! :laugh:

Thanks BB1 (oh dear I just realised your self appointed nickname was straight out of Bananas in Pajamas! :laugh:), I'm glad you like it. Batty is fine, just don't taunt me....I can be very....persuasive....

As for us having the idea, of course great AFOL Geeky Batman comic nerd fanboys with hight test scores think alike, but this time YOU copied ME! :grin:

Nice vig Batbrick, another great Batman Dark Knight tale put into Lego. I love the way you did the wheat! :thumbup: Isn't it convenient there was a barrel out there for the Strawman to jump off. :tongue: The pumpkins add a very scary atmosphere too, could this be the Dark Knights final outing? :oh3: (*insert creepy dramatic organ music*)

Once again, great work! :sweet:

Thanks dragonator, don't worry, the organ music was just for suspense. Yes, the barrel was very convenient, or he placed it there :tongue:

And byy gosh, speaking of Bamtan organ music, check out near the end of this BTAS clip!

The Man Who Killed Batman

Thanks BB1 (oh dear I just realised your self appointed nickname was straight out of Bananas in Pajamas! :laugh:)

:laugh: Really?

As for us having the idea, of course great AFOL Geeky Batman comic nerd fanboys with hight test scores think alike, but this time YOU copied ME! :grin:

Perhaps not strictly true but I'll let it slide. Anyway, I've decided to change my idea slightly, and I might as well share it with you now. I might see if I can recreate the history of the DCU in the Lego Castle period. From the Golden Age to now, via the main events and characters. Don't worry, I might call you in for some help along the line.

No, seriously.

:laugh: Really?

....yes :blush:

Perhaps not strictly true but I'll let it slide. Anyway, I've decided to change my idea slightly, and I might as well share it with you now. I might see if I can recreate the history of the DCU in the Lego Castle period. From the Golden Age to now, via the main events and characters. Don't worry, I might call you in for some help along the line.

No, seriously.

Well, I think we both know we just had a genius idea, we'll just say that perhaps?

That's fine, I'd love to see that, sounds great. And I'd be glad to help, thanks :cry_happy:

Oh- excellent BB! You know I love this horror stuff, esp. Jack'O Lanterns. Clever use of the barrel. I like the Strawman. Is he an actual Batman villain or just a spin off from the Scarecrow. In any case, nice vignette (or should I say... chilling...)

Thanks iamded! I was actually going to give him a flaming torch at first but decided against it when I realised he might kill him, when Batma- er, The Dark Knight doesn't kill :wink:

What, and a spear can't? :tongue:

Much appreciated TinyPiesRUs, I'm glad you like it. I'm very happy that the tan logs worked too. The part out front is supposed to be wheat, in retrospect I should've just put a small dirt line or gate there :blush:

Yes, I see now, though it does look fine as it is.

And I hope to make more!

Glad to hear it! :sweet:

Edited by TinyPiesRUs

Oh- excellent BB! You know I love this horror stuff, esp. Jack'O Lanterns. Clever use of the barrel. I like the Strawman. Is he an actual Batman villain or just a spin off from the Scarecrow. In any case, nice vignette (or should I say... chilling...)

Thankyou very much TheBrickster! I love the Jack'O Lanterns too. The Strawman was just my castlefied version of The Scarecrow yes, thanks again, and have a good fright!

What, and a spear can't? :tongue:

Well Batarangs can too, but Batlord knows how to use them properly! :tongue:

Yes, I see now, though it does look fine as it is.

Glad to hear it! :sweet:

Thankyou, I'm glad it turned out that way.

Oh sorry, I was almost forgetting to comment on this :look: !

Very nice vig and very good use of those pieces and MFs, BatBrick :thumbup: It's perfectily fitted for the (already ending :cry_sad: ) Castle Month.

LuxorV

That's fine, I'd love to see that, sounds great. And I'd be glad to help, thanks :cry_happy:

Good. In that case, be watching for the Batsignal. :wink: