Sign in to follow this  
Rubblemaker

[MOC] - The Xenorider. Half Alien Xenomorph, half Hoverbike

I had a thought the other day, what would a high powered hoverbike inspired by HR Giger's Alien Xenomorph look like?. So I started building. And I made The Xenorider.

Its made of 180 pieces, is 35cm long (including the flame) and has the following features:

1. Mouth mounted 'Tongue-guns'

2. Lower hull ribbed exo-plating

3. Side to side slime ejector exhausts

4. Seat mounted rear facing temperature dispersion tendrils.

The full album can be found here for anyone interested. Thanks for looking :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/164260086@N06/albums/72157711454714936

MOC - The Xenorider

MOC - The Xenorider

MOC - The Xenorider

Edited by Rubblemaker

Dude, like, submit it to LEGO IDEAS already! I would TOTALLY vote for it! It's SOOO cool! 

Btw, is it the lighting or is that in dark silver? I couldn't tell if it was dark silver or black.

20 minutes ago, CMFanatic said:

Dude, like, submit it to LEGO IDEAS already! I would TOTALLY vote for it! It's SOOO cool! 

Btw, is it the lighting or is that in dark silver? I couldn't tell if it was dark silver or black.

Hmmm... Lego ideas... scratches chin in contemplation...

And thanks! :) Its pretty much entirely jet black. I shot it in daylight to make use of all round 360 degree lighting to bring out all the nooks and crannies. Its VERY shiny, as all good Xenomorph's should be! consequently, it does look a bit silver in places. There's a bit of LBG in there but the bodywork is all in black. Lovely wonderful black!

4 minutes ago, Rubblemaker said:

Hmmm... Lego ideas... scratches chin in contemplation...

And thanks! :) Its pretty much entirely jet black. I shot it in daylight to make use of all round 360 degree lighting to bring out all the nooks and crannies. Its VERY shiny, as all good Xenomorph's should be! consequently, it does look a bit silver in places. There's a bit of LBG in there but the bodywork is all in black. Lovely wonderful black!

Do put it there! It could be pretty popular! I know I  would vote for it, sure!

Also, perhaps if you were to add a minifigure... :wink:

Do put it there! It could be pretty popular! I know I  would vote for it, sure!

Also, perhaps if you were to add a minifigure... :wink:

Its waaay bigger than mini-fig scale, but it would fit most larger figure builds. In fact I'm planning on building the Xenomorph model by Buildbetterbricks to ride it! I think it'll fit pretty well.

I think with Ideas they have pretty strict guidelines on stuff being quite kid friendly. Given the foundation for this build (an unstoppable alien killing machine that tears people in half) it may struggle to make the cut. But I might do it anyway, just for the crack!

And to get yourself on the platform....Once you did that, if you ever had another good idea then you would already have a following. :thumbup:

And to get yourself on the platform....Once you did that, if you ever had another good idea then you would already have a following. :thumbup:

Good point, well made! Its going in! :thumbup: