Update 2.1.1 released.

-Support for 4 new motors has been added ( 45602 Technic Large Angular Motor,  45603 Technic Medium Angular Motor, 54675c02 Technic Large Angular Motor, 51515 Mindstorms Robot Inventor motor)

-The problem of false alarms of antiviruses and protection systems of some phones has been fixed.

On 1/11/2021 at 1:09 AM, _Ozzee_ said:

Does anyone have any problems with the loss of saved profiles?

me...

• the profile became totally black (preview image disappeared)

even inside the customization window is all black (controls and buttons are gone)

• would like to know where is the folder where the profiles are stored...

maybe can just merge the data instead do all over again

also would be great if could please add an option to backup and restore the profiles

so could avoid this kind of problems in future...

• also would be useful if could let connect the hub without gps (turned off)

as can do in customization window...

thanks

Hi, I recently found out about this app and must say it looks very promising! A working help-function and/or a little text to go with the icons might be nice though. I'm having a hard time figuring out which button dus what. ;)

I do have a problem with using the large angular motor that came with the 42114 Volvo Articulated Hauler as a steering servo though. I have configured one slider to use that motor, which I have set to 'servo', value mode 'smooth', return to center and negative values enabled. When I calibrate it, it seems to work great. The car steers left, then right and returns to center. Great! But, when I close the settings page and run the profile the slider does not work and the phone just vibrates. 

In another case I clicked the 'lock' icon on that slider, and then it does 'work' but instead of steering the car it just shakes to left and right very fast without actually steering.

Am I missing something?

Edit: This was on my Moto G5 with stock Android 8.1.

I tested on another phone with Android 10. Exactly the same behavior. Then I tested the same configuration with an L-motor, and it worked fine. So maybe the large angular motor is not supported correctly?

Edited by HighKing

Today I found something interesting! The large angular motor works fine in Controlz, as long as I don't use automatic calibration!

Calibrating seems to work fine, but when I run the profile the slider does not work on that motor. If I choose manual calibration and set it to 50 degrees or so, it works fine. :)

I think you could call this a bug, since calibration seems to work fine, but using manual calibration is a good workaround. 

BTW, "properties" is spelled wrong in the app. ;)

Edit: Or not... today I opened the app, ran the profile I created last time... and steering did not work. I edited the slider controling the large angular motor. Did the manual calibration calibration. Then got back to the main screen, and ran the profile again. This time the car steered all the way to the right and wouldn't move anymore after that. It did not return to center.

This makes the Controlz app useless for my current MOC. Note that the L-motor still works fine both in 'run' and 'servo' mode.

Edited by HighKing

On 3/1/2021 at 5:56 PM, HighKing said:

Today I found something interesting! The large angular motor works fine in Controlz, as long as I don't use automatic calibration!

Calibrating seems to work fine, but when I run the profile the slider does not work on that motor. If I choose manual calibration and set it to 50 degrees or so, it works fine. :)

I think you could call this a bug, since calibration seems to work fine, but using manual calibration is a good workaround. 

BTW, "properties" is spelled wrong in the app. ;)

Edit: Or not... today I opened the app, ran the profile I created last time... and steering did not work. I edited the slider controling the large angular motor. Did the manual calibration calibration. Then got back to the main screen, and ran the profile again. This time the car steered all the way to the right and wouldn't move anymore after that. It did not return to center.

This makes the Controlz app useless for my current MOC. Note that the L-motor still works fine both in 'run' and 'servo' mode.

Thank you so much for your feedback.
Yes you are right at the moment there is a bug with automatic calibration of elements.
I am currently working on the next version of the application, which should fix all known bugs, as well as introduce new features and capabilities.
Support for gamepads will be added, the visual editor will be redesigned, the principle of connecting elements and hubs will be changed.
In the near future, I will create a post where I will describe all the changes in detail.
PS. In the new version I have corrected the names of the "properties", thanks for noticing :)

Cool! With gamepad support I wouldn't need a separate app for that anymore. Less apps is more better. :pir-thumb:

I think I have the large angular motor working as a servo now. I had it configured to 55 degrees before (also tried 60 but that was just a bit too much). It didn't work well. I tried a 50 degrees limit and it seems to work good. Even after restarting the app 3 times.

So, maybe the large angular motor does not like 5 degree steps? I don't know.

Would it be hard for you to implement 3rd party solutions to the app?

I don't own a Buwizz, but do have an sbrick. Would be cool if it were possible to use both in the same app or even in the same MOC. :-)
(I tried but Controlz could not find my sbrick while BrickController 2 connected fine)

Edited by HighKing

Beta version of Controlz 2.5 beta 2 is available.
To take part in the test, you must follow the link and accept the invitation in the test.
The beta version will replace the current one, your profiles and settings will be carried over to the new version. (Potential transfer problems)
If you uninstall the beta version and install the current one, you will lose your profiles.

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/pro.controlz

On 4/11/2021 at 2:22 PM, leonema said:

i just tried... it works much better...
thanks

there is a way to backup the profile?

Hello, thanks for the feedback. The new version has the ability to share profiles. You can click on share and choose any cloud storage program. The profile will be saved there. At the moment on 10 android this function does not work correctly, I am trying to fix the problem.

5 hours ago, _Ozzee_ said:

Hello, thanks for the feedback. The new version has the ability to share profiles. You can click on share and choose any cloud storage program. The profile will be saved there. At the moment on 10 android this function does not work correctly, I am trying to fix the problem.

thanks to you for the reply.
actually i saw that option, but, as you mentioned, doesn't work in android 10... tried also just to share with google files but without luck...
really hope you could solve that problem because in past i lost one profile... and would like that won't happen anymore.

by the way, with the previous version was more fast and easy to set the proprierties, but i can understand that the new fancy way is like that lego uses in his app.

4 hours ago, leonema said:

thanks to you for the reply.
actually i saw that option, but, as you mentioned, doesn't work in android 10... tried also just to share with google files but without luck...
really hope you could solve that problem because in past i lost one profile... and would like that won't happen anymore.

by the way, with the previous version was more fast and easy to set the proprierties, but i can understand that the new fancy way is like that lego uses in his app.

I am in the process of fixing problems I know of. About the new method of connection, in fact, it is more convenient and visual than the previous one. It can also be expanded in the future. I had to do this since gamepad support appeared, the old way was not suitable for this.

On 4/13/2021 at 4:53 PM, _Ozzee_ said:

I am in the process of fixing problems I know of. About the new method of connection, in fact, it is more convenient and visual than the previous one. It can also be expanded in the future. I had to do this since gamepad support appeared, the old way was not suitable for this.

well, could let work share/upload to my ftp server... so for now i saved my profile...
but, i hope won't be necessary, in case i should restore that profile how i could do? where do i need to put that file?
thanks

On 4/16/2021 at 10:32 AM, leonema said:

well, could let work share/upload to my ftp server... so for now i saved my profile...
but, i hope won't be necessary, in case i should restore that profile how i could do? where do i need to put that file?
thanks

You will need to open this file on your phone, select Controlz in the program selection. OS restricts the ability to view program files, so you can only open in the program.

On 4/15/2021 at 7:07 PM, Newest_Tech320 said:

Are you going to have a IOS version anytime soon?

I would really like to release a version for ios, but I have no development opportunity for that platform.

9 hours ago, _Ozzee_ said:

You will need to open this file on your phone, select Controlz in the program selection. OS restricts the ability to view program files, so you can only open in the program.

I would really like to release a version for ios, but I have no development opportunity for that platform.

Oh ok

as you can see in the image 

i set the small buttons as half engine power (49) and the bigger one on the right at (100) for the same engine 
but the app remembers only the last one saved... with the old app both worked perfectly... also with previous version of the new app...

furthermore, can't set any image for the single button anymore... or i'm dumb that can't find anymore the upload image menu...
i just pasted the lights icons on the image otherwise the buttons are empty

i was forgetting to mention that i'm using the beta version of the app

any way to fix/solve these problems? thanks :)

Cover.png

Edited by leonema

On 4/19/2021 at 8:48 AM, _Ozzee_ said:

hello, could you paste the link to the file so i can open it up on my ios device , with doing it this way should i be able to use the functions as normal ?

On 6/19/2021 at 10:32 AM, nugnug115 said:

hello, could you paste the link to the file so i can open it up on my ios device , with doing it this way should i be able to use the functions as normal ?

Sorry, but ios is not supported yet. I am taking the first steps towards developing an application for this platform.

On 6/13/2021 at 3:21 PM, leonema said:

as you can see in the image 

i set the small buttons as half engine power (49) and the bigger one on the right at (100) for the same engine 
but the app remembers only the last one saved... with the old app both worked perfectly... also with previous version of the new app...

furthermore, can't set any image for the single button anymore... or i'm dumb that can't find anymore the upload image menu...
i just pasted the lights icons on the image otherwise the buttons are empty

i was forgetting to mention that i'm using the beta version of the app

any way to fix/solve these problems? thanks :)

Cover.png

Hello, about remembering the last value, I'll check it in the code. Images for buttons, as in the previous version, I will add later, in the next updates.

Update 2.5.2 has been released.

19 hours ago, _Ozzee_ said:

Sorry, but ios is not supported yet. I am taking the first steps towards developing an application for this platform.

Hello, about remembering the last value, I'll check it in the code. Images for buttons, as in the previous version, I will add later, in the next updates.

Update 2.5.2 has been released.

yes, got it... but now my profile is ruined... and moreover tells me that my profile backup is not a controlz file :(

Hello!
It's time to show you a working version of the application on ios devices. The application has been tested on iPhone and iPad.
The application is actually ready to be loaded into the AppStore, except for the implementation of some small functions (for example, vibration).

I am planning to launch a license fundraiser for the ability to publish an application in the AppStore.
If you want to use the application on your ios device, you can speed it up.

The application will be free to download, the theme store will be present as well as on the android version.

When the required amount is collected, all the details for the collection will be deleted.
I will publish the collected amount at intervals.

Edited by _Ozzee_
Collected.