I tried the app, but I found the steering wheel and the servo mode do not work properly. I'm trying to operate the crawler. The motor only receives the first input, then rotates continuously on that speed, and does not react anymore. The run mode works fine.

Unfortunately, I could not find a working app. The LEGO Control+ app does not even start, just shows stripy black screen after the logo (although my phone meets the requirements). The BrickController2 requires a Bluetooth controller. Your app fails with with the steering.

On 4/5/2020 at 6:32 PM, kodlovag said:

I made a system update on my mobile, and now both the LEGO app and your app work fine.

It's good that you were able to solve the problem so simply. If you have any problems, let me know :)

Post the test version 1.4.5. Uploaded to Google Drive to speed up the process, who have doubts about security, you can not install and wait for the release in the Play Market. I beg those who will test, please do not be silent if something worked strange or is not correct, report all cases.

Link: test finished

The application is built in such a way that it is installed without replacing the current application. The test version does not use profiles and settings of the current application. Very interesting reviews of people who checked the auto calibration on real moc, whether everything works correctly. Thanks! I will be waiting for your feedback.

What's new:

-Added "Close" buttons on the element selection page and on the element settings page. Swipes for closing, work, but obey the "Swipes" setting.

-Added ability to calibrate servo. There are two options, manual and automatic.

Edited by _Ozzee_

1) auto calibration is working ?

2) i didn't  see any feedback on the zero button when you touch it, but not a big issue. Manual calibration  is working ? 

3) tilt sensor is working with C+ hub but not working with technic@boost hub.

4) motor icon for boost large motor is blank on device discover

5) i love those new additional setting, good job!!

What's next ? 

2 minutes ago, azimsu80 said:

1) auto calibration is working ?

2) i didn't  see any feedback on the zero button when you touch it, but not a big issue. Manual calibration  is working ? 

3) tilt sensor is working with C+ hub but not working with technic@boost hub.

4) motor icon for boost large motor is blank on device discover

5) i love those new additional setting, good job!!

What's next ? 

Thanks so much for the feedback. I'm glad that everything works. I will collect statistics further.

-At the moment, when I press the "zero" button, there is no answer, I will do it in the release.

-Tilt sensor is only in the C + hub, in others it is not, if I'm right. (external sensors are not yet supported, as I don't have a boost set)

- If it’s easy for you, attach a screenshot of the problematic icon of the large motor. I don’t have it and I didn’t have a problem on the simulation.

Screenshot_20200413-21592020200413_215945

Screenshot_20200413-221626

Tilt sensor is available internally on those 2 hub which is C+ & Boost but it only working in C+.

Edited by azimsu80

11 minutes ago, azimsu80 said:

Tilt sensor is available internally on those 2 hub which is C+ & Boost but it only working in C+.

Ok, I will check this moment, thanks a lot.

I just tried the app and was able to control the 42099 in less than 5 minutes.

It works great, the interface is clean and handy, and it wont swap to another interface as soon as I accidentally swap my finger across the screen like the lego official app does !

Thank you very much for the good work !

Edited by Pentomind

7 minutes ago, Pentomind said:

I just tried the app and was able to control the 42099 in less than 5 minutes.

It works great, the interface is clean and handy, and it wont swap to another interface as soon as I accidentally swap my finger across the screen like the lego official app does !

Thank you very much for the good work !

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad that everything works fine.

1) Huge improvement on creating profile, this never been so easy ??

2) i found out that servo option was not supported on PUP hub and BOOST hub as before. Please add in back ? 

3) new adding text feature is a good for the 1st text but if i create 2nd text, it will overitten the 1st text.

4) auto and manual calibration is superb

Edited by azimsu80

4 hours ago, azimsu80 said:

1) Huge improvement on creating profile, this never been so easy ??

2) i found out that servo option was not supported on PUP hub and BOOST hub as before. Please add in back ? 

3) new adding text feature is a good for the 1st text but if i create 2nd text, it will overitten the 1st text.

4) auto and manual calibration is superb

Thanks for the feedback.
Servo mode works on any current hubs, not all motors support angle rotation, and ports with such devices become inaccessible for selection in servo mode. changing the mode to mileage or replacing the device with rotation support, unlock the port.

I'll check the text label, thanks :)

Please let me know if the big boost motor (the same 38) is running in servo mode. Just check it out in version 1.4.4.

Hai, 

I do some comparison between build 1.4.4, 1.4.5 dev2 & 1.4.5 dev3

1) In PUP hub, currently boost motor (38) is NOT working in servo mode, but C+ motor (46) & (47) is working very well in servo mode

2) In Boost hub, currently motor (38), (46) & (47) is NOT working in servo mode for port C & D.

3) In Boost hub, currently internal motor for port A & B is NOT working in servo mode.

The problem is only in servo mode, for drive mode...all motor is working ? 

Edited by azimsu80

Hai, 

Good job for stable relaese, all issue has been fix and all features are functioning very well. I'm impressed ?. Looking forward for upcoming features ??

I wanted to try the app for a long time now and finally had a few spare minutes :) I really like the customization options, it's great to have an alternative to BrickController 2 for the ones who prefer the on screen controls! I tested it with 42109 quickly, I share my findings if you don't mind:

• Controls elements default to the 10% speed when created, is it on purpose? 
  • Calibration works great, but the Servo function is often laggy and does not respond every time to quick changes.
  • For the buttons it is confusing to have the ability to rotate them on screen but I also need to choose servo/run in the settings, you don't have the same for the single-axis joystick. First I simply turned it to vertical and did not understand why it does not move the XL motor. So the acceleration works properly, but I could not make it work for steering. The calibration runs fine but then it only turns the wheels a few degrees.
  • If I start a motor with the slider then it holds the speed even if the app is minimized and holds it until the app is killed. It's great for train models but not sure if it is a bug or a feature :laugh:

You've made a great progress so far, hope to see new updates coming! 

2 hours ago, kbalage said:

I wanted to try the app for a long time now and finally had a few spare minutes :) I really like the customization options, it's great to have an alternative to BrickController 2 for the ones who prefer the on screen controls! I tested it with 42109 quickly, I share my findings if you don't mind:

• Controls elements default to the 10% speed when created, is it on purpose? 
  • Calibration works great, but the Servo function is often laggy and does not respond every time to quick changes.
  • For the buttons it is confusing to have the ability to rotate them on screen but I also need to choose servo/run in the settings, you don't have the same for the single-axis joystick. First I simply turned it to vertical and did not understand why it does not move the XL motor. So the acceleration works properly, but I could not make it work for steering. The calibration runs fine but then it only turns the wheels a few degrees.
  • If I start a motor with the slider then it holds the speed even if the app is minimized and holds it until the app is killed. It's great for train models but not sure if it is a bug or a feature :laugh:

You've made a great progress so far, hope to see new updates coming! 

Thank you very much for taking the time to test the application and sharing your opinion.

Checked, when creating a component in run mode, I have a speed limit of 100%. 10% is a behavior incomprehensible to me, I’ll check the code.

According to the servo drive, my implementation is not the best, I will never stop improving this part) thanks, I will conduct tests, try to figure out the reason.

Orientation change and selection of element modes is in the intermediate stage. Everything was more limited before. Now I am going to give the user complete freedom of choice and customization.

At the moment, the program’s operation policy is as follows, connections are not broken, cancel commands for motors are not sent. it may be worth revisiting this point in terms of stopping the motors when driving.

I will continue to work on improving the program)

The proper servo control implementation is a tricky one, it'd be nice to see what is TLG's official solution used in the Control+ app. Until more information is shared you could have a look at the solution used in BrickController 2, might be helpful.

I had problem with latest brickcontroller, the servo control is sluggish via my Samsung s10 and Ps4 Bluetooth remote. I had no problem  with control Z so far on the servo 

I'm trying the new features, adding image and text will make closing & opening profile is taking some time @ lag. Is there any memory issue? There is some layering issue, the image sometimes not stay at it place, going back or front on other image/control button

I would like to suggest additional double axis joystick function that can be used to drive 2 motor in a tracker. Currently it only suppot drive & steering cars

Hope it helps

20200422_092301.jpg

Edited by azimsu80
Add pictures

On 4/20/2020 at 12:38 AM, _Ozzee_ said:

Update 1.4.5.2 released.

I love the app, only still have problem with the servo functions (control+).

I would like to test this latest version but don't have Google play; can you upload the apk?

This app is great, thank you for this!

I think I found a minor bug and thought I'd let you know: when editing existing controls the previously selected speed is not always selected and reverts back to 10. Not a big deal but maybe you can fix it in a next version :) please let me know if you need any more info or if I should report this elsewhere.

And a question: would it be possible to calibrate the giro to the used orientation? I mounted mine vertically and the shown angle seems to assume horizontal mounting.

Edited by Marno
forgot to add my question