toastergrl

[MOC] Another perfect day in space

48923411077_27a5e5b53c_b.jpg

A Classic Space vignette by yours truly. I had a *lot* of fun making this, for sure - it's my first ever serious display scene, and I'm quite proud of it. What do you think?

Check the album for more angles and detail shots, and check my signature for a more general-purpose Classic Space collection. Thanks for looking! ^u^

Looks very fun and happy, well apart from that Blacktron fighter attacking! :wink:

Nicely build; I like the antenna mast and the fact that it has some sort of "monorail". That ticks the right 80s-lego-space boxes. I would try hiding the mount for the blacktron ship and the laser blasts though (and switching them with green pieces instead). 

Thank you very much! ^u^

I tried my best to hide the mount by using transparent pieces where possible, and having the flag in front of it - but I admit it wasn't a perfect solution...

The rail and car is great!  Reminds me of the Classic Beta-1 Command Base.  

Thanks for sharing -- this made me smile :classic:

Again - sorry for the late response, GeoBrick! Benny's looking out into my room and seeing all the pieces he can use for spaceships currently stored away in boxes... :P

49665787331_9fc5fbde5a_c.jpg

Anyhow, hi again! I've been slowly building on this over the past few months. Here's its current state! The Blacktron viper was a little hard to keep upright so I ended up making this vignette completely civillian focused, and I did a few Bricks and Pieces orders in order to add a hangar and change the parts on the Monorail section. It unfortunately flexes a little in the middle when I pick it up, but I think it's otherwise coming along nicely, no? ^u^

Edited by toastergrl