1963maniac

LPUB3D crops the assembly image at the edge of the page.

BIG THANKS GUYS!!! The main thing is that the project is done unless the designer finds something I missed. Changing the scale was not acceptable to the designer. And he is right about that. When things are smaller it's too hard to follow the BI. Hopefully, the MOC can be built with it. Thanks again guys, I appreciate your help. 1963maniac

Probably too late for your scenario now but this post on the LDraw forums triggered a memory about this thread on the EuroBricks forum.

If you are using LDView for rendering, specifying the argument "-ModelCenter=x,y,z" on the command line will move the rendering from the centre of the bounding box. In LPub3D, you can right click on an assembly and select the "Add LDView Render Arguments" menu item. This will open a dialog window in which you can specify the desired argument e.g. -ModelCenter=200,200,200. I just tried this in LPub3D and it changed the generated assembly image. I did have to regenerated the page in question (right mouse click on the page, select "Reset Page Assembly Image Cache") to flush the original assembly image.

Hope this may be helpful for someone in the future.

Regards,

David

On 4/14/2021 at 4:51 PM, djm said:

Probably too late for your scenario now but this post on the LDraw forums triggered a memory about this thread on the EuroBricks forum.

If you are using LDView for rendering, specifying the argument "-ModelCenter=x,y,z" on the command line will move the rendering from the centre of the bounding box. In LPub3D, you can right click on an assembly and select the "Add LDView Render Arguments" menu item. This will open a dialog window in which you can specify the desired argument e.g. -ModelCenter=200,200,200. I just tried this in LPub3D and it changed the generated assembly image. I did have to regenerated the page in question (right mouse click on the page, select "Reset Page Assembly Image Cache") to flush the original assembly image.

Hope this may be helpful for someone in the future.

Regards,

David

Thanks, djm! I will try that. I did get an email from Trevor Sandy, LPUb3D programmer, He referred me to this explanation: https://github.com/trevorsandy/lpub3d/issues/412 I was on vacation when I got it, so I didn't get this updated.

Just found this as a solution to a very frustrating problem with exports to PNG hitting a max resolution/size. Even though I was able to see the whole build in LPub3D, any export would automatically crop and shrink down to A3 size instead of A2 or A1.

Very handy, thanks heaps :D