Just building my MOC and I found out pieces I thought were in great condition are forming cracks already.

1. I thought only grey pieces were prone to these types of cracks, I was wrong.

2. Lots and lots of broken grey pieces. Almost every piece I have like this now has a crack.

3. Here's the same pieces but showing the cracks on the other side.

4. U-joints are just so easy to break.

5. I even broke one of these.

6. To test the durability of this piece (which some I have are in the earliest phase of cracking) I put an axle halfway through, put pressure on it, and the piece's "axle inserter" snapped.

Trying to stay positive, but this is really holding back my builds. Wish I could find some way to prevent this from easily happening or if the cracking is a defect with the part.

Is anybody else experiencing cracking with pieces where you put in axle? Would like some feedback from the community, thank you.

1 hour ago, nerdsforprez said:

Extremely common. Wouldnt worry about it much. Still serve their purpose.

You're right. That was one of the solutions I had. All lightly cracked pieces still would work in my MOCs, albeit with me being careful.

Thanks for your feedback.

If you hold the part tightly, where you are putting the axle through, you can prevent the cracking on some. I have managed to do it a few times. The problem is remembering to do it.

H

Edited by Horace T

It happens very often, so I try not to brake a part finished Moc. I Rather order needed pieces or buy smaller set with them.

Yeah... As for me, I always sort the parts when disassembly my MOCs to "good" and "glue is needed" heaps first. I can't say I do crash tests and other vulgar things but it happens and I took that as reality :look: 

I wish lego made the axle hole + stud hole parts thicker so the axle wouldn't break the part around it. I know it has the thin part so a gear can fit to spin. But this part is used so much on areas without gears needing to fit so it would be nice to have two kinds of this part. 

Man that's not fun. I dunno what it is, but I've never had any issues with Lego here in Australia whatsoever, except for the late-G1 Bionicle sockets

Thanks to everyone. I’m happy to say I’m going to continue my MOC build and even use some of the cracked pieces I have as they still work.

On 10/18/2019 at 5:39 PM, StudWorks said:

1. I thought only grey pieces were prone to these types of cracks, I was wrong.

What part is it (BrickLink ....) Tom

Yeah I've also had a lot of these pieces break on me, which did not suprise me because most of the pieces are 5-10 years old. Those pieces are fragile, so after some time they break, thats just how it is I guess :cry2: