Hi Everybody!!!! I m really new to designing so I kind of need some help!!!! PLeaaaase :)

I basically bought some instructions of a moc and was not happy with it in general. did not like the details as well as the underlying structure so decided to give it a go and downloaded studio! I m really excited and been working on the project at least a month now and must say I m handling it really well! BUT this particular set nets nets strings tubes that need flexing etc. That is where I got a problem!!! For example nets are not even available on the program and tubes are really hard to manipulate and connect... I did a search on you tube and in the forum but did not find an answer...

I would really appreciate any help or advice!!!

Edited by mariakala

There is not really an answer. Stud.io's own release notes state that support for flex elements is at best spotty and does not cover a lot of elements just like the library doesn't handle some legacy and "custom" elements. Unless you care to really put up with the obnoxious oldies, i.e. MLCad and the original LDraw that allow some of that stuff which could later be imported as "frozen" files into Stud.io, you're more or less out of luck.

Mylenium

Export your file as LDRAW and open it in LDCAD. LDCAD is supposed to be more user friendly when it comes to flexing parts. There are tutorials for it but you still may have to get some special help with it from here or LDCAD or LDRAW websites.

Please keep us informed as I am very interested in how this problem is solved.

Edited by 1963maniac

2 hours ago, 1963maniac said:

Export your file as LDRAW and open it in LDCAD. LDCAD is supposed to be more user friendly when it comes to flexing parts.

Fully agree... but @mariakala mentionned nets, that are supported in no LEGO Cad I know :(

Hi Guys and Girls!!! Thank you for your replys!!! I will give it a go with the programs you suggested when I m done and finished with the whole moc

Found a nice tutorial about flexing parts so I m posting here just in case someone has problems like me

Doesnt mention nets but I will keep on researching!!!

Using LDCad flexible parts with Studio

33 minutes ago, mariakala said:

Found a nice tutorial about flexing parts so I m posting here just in case someone has problems like me

There is also a few video tutorials on Roland's Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBjfVzOdGUkrHNV08K5k5kg  (eg. this one on pneumatic tubing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Peu5yqD2iAo)

36 minutes ago, mariakala said:

Doesnt mention nets but I will keep on researching!!! 

As I said above there is no known solutions for nets. Maybe you could use an array flexible strings - or create a custom LDraw parts, but both solutions are a hell of a job...