johnnym

[WIP] [Mod/MOC] Chevy El Camino

I'd like to present my latest creation: It's WIP and should resemble a Chevy El Camino or - if you like - a Courcheval Hacienda from Interstate '76 Nitro Riders. I took the Superbird as basis for this model and invested two evenings so far. The rear axle was moved two studs back. It has a vinyl roof:

P1010003.JPGP1010004.JPG

...openable bed cover and openable tailgate (though a little unrealistic, as the bumper moves down with it when opened):

P1010002.JPGP1010001.JPG

...and I plan to also motorize it. The bed itself is a little holey, but the bed cover keeps it in the dark. I'm currently missing some parts in the correct colors to complete the front section.

What do you think about it so far?

Nice ! Captures the broad look very well.

The new fenders are really opening up possibilities for the creative !

Imagine if TLG had created the new fenders (both large and small) in red, white and black first. Many more amazing car MOCs would have blossomed.

Edited by iLego

On 10/17/2019 at 3:34 AM, iLego said:

Nice ! Captures the broad look very well.

Thanks @iLego!

With the El Camino front, 1971 Chevy Chevelles are now also in reach. I'd love to see someone taking my El Camino as basis for such a build.

On 10/17/2019 at 3:34 AM, iLego said:

The new fenders are really opening up possibilities for the creative !

Imagine if TLG had created the new fenders (both large and small) in red, white and black first. Many more amazing car MOCs would have blossomed.

Exactly, they ease up things near the wheels, though they therefore (could) also hold one back to come up with another design - so a mixed blessing actually. But for me personally the advantages of them are prevailing.