badmad

[WIP] Pininfarina Battista - An electric Hypercar

I have seen many beautiful cars in the last few days worth immortalizing in a loving Lego MOC.
But with all the hypercars and supercars I've seen, there was only one vehicle that really made me feel WOW:

The Pininfarina Battista

A powerful and beautiful 1904 HP electric beast with a maximum speed over 400km/h.

I decided to build this Car as my first MOC. 

bianca-3bianca-4bianca-2grigio-2grigio-1

Things i wish to insert in my MOC:

- Butterfly Doors

- Retractable rear wing

- Suspension

- HOG steering

- Nearly perfect bodywork

Maybe a height adjustable chassis for drive and show mode.

I know the first showable part will take a little bit of time but i´ll soon start developing.

Edited by badmad

Nice choice, its a fairly good looking car imo(as long as it doesn't have the blue nose).

The Bodywork will be a challenge. The Front and Side  Pic could work for the Model Scaler, and yes, you were  right, there are no blueprints for this car, damn.

Which color is your model going to be? 

At first i have the most parts in black. Thats the color i will start with. 

But if i can finish my challenge i want to rebuild the car in white with black accents. 

And no, i dont use the blue nose :D maybe i switch to another color. 

The Battista will come with 150 limited pieces and every car should be a Single copy. So i'm free in my choice of color. 

Ok...that was nothing. I have to look for another car.

In the moment it doesn´t give any dimensions of the car and no reference points in the pictures to calculate the dimensions of the car by myself. The company doens´t help me, so i have to continue my search for the right car.

Next try.

Well, damn. Sorry to to hear this my dude, but no blueprins is a big NO for me as well. But keep it up! :thumbup: @Jim Maybe could delete this Thread then, there is no need bloat the Forum...

Hi! Can you please tell me where did you firstly hear about this car?

I heared about it like almost half a year ago on the "Bumper2Bumper" episode on this car (DonutMedia)

Edited by Gray Gear

43 minutes ago, Aleh said:

Hi! Can you please tell me where did you firstly hear about this car?

Search for hypercars and supercars. 

29 minutes ago, andythenorth said:

Just scale from the images, no problem :thumbup:

Not sure if sarcastic or not, but I'd say it's doable if you have a good side-view image with not too much perspective. That said, much depends on your level of perfectionism, of course. I'd say it's better to build an imperfect car, learn from that and then start a second model with new knowledge, than spend endless time just looking for the right pictures. I've built lots of very ugly Lego cars in the past.

Also @badmad, it is considered good practice on here to start a MOC/WIP topic only if you have something actually built (real or digital) that you can show. Even if it's just a frame or a module (suspension, gearbox, whatever). If it's only reference photos, there is little to see for us. For discussion, there's already a thread :)

Edited by Erik Leppen

I'll give it a try. 

26 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

Also @badmad, it is considered good practice on here to start a MOC/WIP topic only if you have something actually built (real or digital) that you can show.

Understand :thumbup:

Edited by badmad

The actual real-life size of the wheels is irrelevant, within the MOC all scale is relative.   

This isn't building a model train to fit precisely into a 1:72 world or something. :classic:

Scaling relative dimensions is trivial if there's a plain side view.  Just need a tool for measuring on screen.  Or on a printout.  Like a ruler. :thumbup:

Edited by andythenorth

I'd advise you to look for specs on the 458 or 488, because it's definitely one of those underneath.

18 hours ago, badmad said:

Search for hypercars and supercars. 

aha, I asked simpky because it was announced a couple of days ago in one mobile game

On 10/17/2019 at 4:50 PM, badmad said:

Ok...that was nothing. I have to look for another car.

In the moment it doesn´t give any dimensions of the car and no reference points in the pictures to calculate the dimensions of the car by myself. The company doens´t help me, so i have to continue my search for the right car.

Next try.

Why give up so quickly?? I liked your choice. You could try to ask these guys for (exclusisve) 2D renders: 

Pininfarina_Battista_2020_600_0005.jpg Pininfarina_Battista_2020_600_0010.jpg

I´m sure this guy will have the car in the portfolio soon and will be able to help you too : https://squir.com/  I´ve bought 2D blueprints for a Ferrari for 20 bucks from him some time ago.

In the meanwhile you could work on your chassis first and decide what car to build on top later!

Edited by brunojj1

That´s right. I´ve slept a night over that and don´t give up. It´s to beautiful ;)

I start with calculating by myself. Isn´t so hard as i think at first.

Project still alive.

Being a MOC builder who is also making his first large-scale sports car, I hope you succeed. As for the measurements of the car, you should find the most flat side view image you can and slap it into Sariel's Model Scaler. Or, you can get the blueprints for a car very similar to it (the Battista does look very much like a Ferrari 488).

Good luck. :classic:

The first i have to show.

A flat front axle with steering and height adjustable suspension.

The height will be adjust in the back by using a technic gear worm screw for perfect control the height.

IMG_20191019_175053IMG_20191019_175823IMG_20191019_175113

The next step is to bring this in a better version. 

Edited by badmad

Thx :) 

Yes, that is actually my first attempt. But I've been following the technic MOC Scene very intensively for the past 2 years.

Its a cool concept, but you'll have to beef things up. Its good that you are using 2 springs per wheel. But dont underestimate the force of the hard spring, those half liftarms are way to fragile.

Also it might be better to use 2 small linar actuators per axle instead oft the Gears to reduce play in the system. Like this your one side of the car might end up sitting lower than the other, because of the play between the gears. 

How do you plan to put the axle on the Frame? Will the axle sit on top of the lowest layer? I cant tell cause height adjuastability :laugh_hard:

The play between the gears was the point that i wrote about the next step. I know, that actuators are the better choice. For the moment i have 2 actuators. With that o have one per axle. I have to order more because i need actuators for the doors too. 

Maybe i test the axle with 2 gear worm screws. This is a stable part for the adjust mechanism too.